It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump orders purge of ‘critical race theory’ and 'white privilege' from federal agencies

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Explain what systemic racism is and how white Americans have benefited from systematic racism.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

What good does that do? Driving guilt? Driving division? What is the purpose/goal? To make people hyperaware of the sins of yesterday, while burning down the present?

Ignorance is bliss.

How did keeping the history of the "Black Wall Street Massacre" out of history books help equalize the races? How does having history books sideline slavery, defining it as an old American economic system, stem equality? Why does the "school to prison pipeline" favor children of color? Does knowing the truth about these disparaging things paralyze you with guilt or help you to better understand our social problems?

There is no "equalizing" races. In fact, race is nothing more than a construct of racist people. The vast majority of the country doesn't want to even recognize race...and if folks would shut up about it we would all get to live happier lives.

Keeping any history out of history books is wrong. That said, not all history can be taught due to time constraints. But the Tulsa thing needs to be taught far and wide. I learned about it from outside sources growing up (namely, my uncle lived in Tulsa and knew the history). But that has nothing to do with Critical Race Theory, and can be taught without the whackadoo notions.

Slavery was an economic system in the US. It was also an economic system in just about every other country (in some it still is). I fail to see how there is issue with that. History is not about morals...its about facts. Save the moral teachings for home/church.

I do not know why black people get imprisoned so much, including kids. I can tell you that the solution has nothing to do with pitting blacks and whites against each other. Critical Race Theory does not offer solutions. It offers angst, nothing more. A solution could be to deemphasize college in favor of trade school. Or simply remove cops from schools to begin with? There are legislative answers.

Knowing about these things is one thing. Facts. Details. Truth. Critical Race Theory goes further, and provides you with narrative as well. That narrative is the issue. Knowing the facts of our history is not an issue at all. But front loading people with viewpoints that are not their own...that is a problem.

Bravo, loved this post!!

Haters and race baiters would try to divide my small family of four by race (my husband's parents are Japanese and his daughter is half mexican, our son is white/asian) but we're all just human beings who have slightly different features and all of the same old human struggles/dreams.

My daughter's reading a book now for school called Stamped, etc something about racism and antiracism, and I'm sorry that all of that good work we've put in raising a family that respects people regardless of the color of their skin might be threatened by racist dogmatic teaching.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Explain what systemic racism is and how white Americans have benefited from systematic racism.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Clearly Trump watched this segment on Tucker Carlson and took immediate action.

Finally some reporting on the subversion of society by critical theorists has reached someone in power. No doubt, most other leaders see this critical pseudoscience and implement it in their policies.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Haters and race baiters would try to divide my small family of four by race (my husband's parents are Japanese and his daughter is half mexican, our son is white/asian) but we're all just human beings who have slightly different features and all of the same old human struggles/dreams.

Your family is a perfect example of racial equalization. Right? So there is a such thing as racial equalization. It exists, but not for everyone, all the time. The fact that you bring it up as an exceptional example, and the root of your frustration, proves how rare it really is.

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

So, you can't explain what systemic racism is and how white Americans have benefited from systematic racism.

Got it, thanks.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Seriously? That's what you gave me to read? Same ole BS.

Why don't you get out and actually talk to regular clear-minded everyday fellow American patriots that might happen to be other than white. They will tell you they have never felt what those idiotic articles project.

Weak-minded victim-prone attitudes are probably the biggest problem....by the writer$ of those $illy article$ and by the people believing that tripe, and by people looking for a cau$e to latch onto in order to write book$ and make documentarie$ or $et up "diver$ity training" 501(c)3'$ or companie$ that make money off pu$hing this idiocy.

Clear headed everyday Americans of all colors aren't buying into this manipulation and these guilt tactics anymore.

edit on 5-9-2020 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Hey at least he answered your post. Just skipped right over mine.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

You do know the usa has a population of over 70% white right? That means there are millions of americans that go through there day without ever seeing a black person. Does that make them racist?

If the system is rigged to white people why would you expect anything less with such a high % of whites.

And they way most blacks talk and the lack of respect doesnt help them any at all except maybe with street cred right?

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

There is no "equalizing" races.

This right here is the crux.

Like the arguments on Marxism, people want equal outcomes instead of equal opportunities.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

There is no "equalizing" races. In fact, race is nothing more than a construct of racist people. The vast majority of the country doesn't want to even recognize race...and if folks would shut up about it we would all get to live happier lives.

# Flag

# Star

# Applause

Something I posted in a similar thread and apt to repeat here.....

If you don't get hired your not up to it - regardless of colour "Go back to the

drawing board.

Five years ago my very white grandaughter (I say that because she cant even

get a tan like the rest of the family ) was asked by a teacher when she was

leaving school what she planned to do. When my gd told her she laughed and

told her she was wasting her time and wouldn't be able to do it.

That knocked her back and didn't help her confidence, which her mother had

to rebuild and convince her that if she put her mind to it she could accheive

anything.......

Well she passed all her exams with flying colours and is now doing very well at her

chosen profession.

How easy if she had been black she could have sat back and said "well I wouldn't

have got it anyway because I'm black"

*You only get out of life what you are prepared to put in* There's no such thing as

*A free lunch*

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I've known a lot of very successful people of color in my day, some very close friends. Do you want to know what they all had in common? They didn't sit around blaming the world for the struggles they encountered to be successful, they didn't cry and whine playing the victim and they didn't constantly play the race card to achieve their success, they did it by perseverance and determination.

Black people have the same opportunities as any white person in this country if they so choose. Its people like you constantly playing the victim and pushing the race card that are the biggest problem with racial tensions today.

Like Morgan Freeman said about fixing racism "stop talking about it"

edit on 5-9-2020 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Do you know what critical race theory is and the push to implement it?

You mean the push to educate white Americans to understand how they have benefited from systematic racism, even though they themselves never owned slaves? Yep.

You need to go to the toilet fast because it's coming out of your fingertips and mouth like diarrhea. What stupid comments.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

Everyone says it, but no one ever proves it. It's empty crap.

Your display ignorance and demand of prove to your own privilege is empty crap.

And there's the typical answer.

I can't tell you, so you're the ignorant one. If you can't explain it, Sooks, then you're part of the problem. You accept something you don't understand as truth.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   
See what i mean? Cult, plain and simple. No proof, no evidence, no facts. Just belief and feelings. Total nonsense designed to mislead the believers and divide the people.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
You accept something you don't understand as truth.

That's called, ironically, "faith".

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I would love to know how an unemployed white steel worker in West Virginia who lives in a town afflicted with poverty & crime because slave labour in China is cheaper than him benefits from “White Privilige”

The real privilige is wealth privilige & power privilige. Which is obvious to anyone with a functioning set of eyes. Someone who has yet to take a corporate-sponsored brainwashing course that is.
edit on 592020 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: CitizenZero

That was a good informative video.

link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Do you know what critical race theory is and the push to implement it?

You mean the push to educate white Americans to understand how they have benefited from systematic racism, even though they themselves never owned slaves? Yep.

Systemic racism does not exist

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join