It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump orders purge of ‘critical race theory’ and 'white privilege' from federal agencies

page: 22
<< 19  20  21   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

"race" was a social construct,based off of ETHNIC DIFFERENCES. Scientist in the old world did not understand at a base level we are all one race,BUT with different Ethnic markers/looks/traits. The problem we have these days is the Government likes to use"race" as a issue to control the masses.

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Anon283799

Typical Trump move. Deny, deny, deny.

“I think that we’ve got to see that a riot is the language of the unheard. And, what is it that America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the economic plight of the Negro poor has worsened over the last few years.”
Martin Luther King Jr, 1966

time.com...

Dr King also said

“In spite of temporary victories, violence never brings permanent peace.”

You cherry pick the quotes you like to fit your world-view.

It's only racist if Trump says it right?

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: NightVision

Definitely the under-rated comment of the day

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Here are the two sides, its incredible anybody would hold these two groups as moral equals.

There isn't even a question

Trump is turning the DC swamp into a bountiful garden, and taking out the trash on the way.
edit on 9/8/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

So you can directly prove that all of the things wrong with the average black person's life today are directly because I have white skin?

That is not the message. The message is, being white, you enjoy and take for granted certain social benefits that people of color often can't.

For the sake of argument, let's say that a world wide epiphany happens and all white people suddenly sit up and realize how privileged they are... Then what? Do they all step down from their jobs so that a PoC can take that position? Do they give up their homes (as has been demanded by some BLM members) to a PoC? Do they give all their savings as well? Go on welfare so that they can suffer?

I'd like to know what privilege I have though. I'm poor as hell, working a minimum wage job. I have no savings. No retirement. No family to fall back on. The furnace in the house is dead, winter is coming, and there is no money to fix it either. I could really use that privilege right now.

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   
It's rich people who happen to be white that say "white privilege". They feel guilty that they were born into a rich family and they can see poverty around them.

So they try to bring all the other white people into their guilt party with them. By saying that all white people are born into wealth (some more than others...) Like everyone with their skin color is equally guilty of possessing un-earned wealth.

Misery/guilt loves company.

I think that if your money comes from a job, ............ then your money comes from a job.

And unless your dad hired you, it's probably a job anyone can get, even black people.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Do you know what critical race theory is and the push to implement it?

You mean the push to educate white Americans to understand how they have benefited from systematic racism, even though they themselves never owned slaves? Yep.

Nor were any of youz ever wuz slaves.

Many were sold into slavery by their fellow Africans, who still really don't give a damn about American negros.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

Many were sold into slavery by their fellow Africans

Actually... from a book I once read on slavery in Africa...

The typical slave actually volunteered to become a slave. Well, in a way... they volunteered to come to America, whether or not they realized they were coming as slaves when they came aboard ship is open to question. What would happen is that the slave traders would pay the leaders of the African tribes for slaves from within their population. The tribal leaders would then use propaganda to spread rumors about a wonderful new world that accepted only the strongest and best. Some of the early slaves actually would fight others in their tribes to be able to come here. The slave traders would make port, come ashore to fanfare from the leaders, the "chosen ones" would be "allowed" to board, the traders would pay the tribal leaders, and they would then depart. At some point, I would assume early in the voyage, the new slaves would find out they were now slaves. It was a lot easier and cheaper on the slave traders to not take people by force on their own turf, and more profitable for the tribal leaders (who likely justified their actions because the traders would take slaves one way or another). After all, some of these African tribes were quite skilled with poison darts and the like... and it cost a lot to replace a good slave handler whose head now happens to be 1/4 of its original size and is decorating some warrior's tent.

Nothing ever really changes... our leaders do the same thing today to get people to do things against their own self-interest... like admit to some mysterious "white privilege." In a warped sense, I suppose one could use that argument to claim that all races are indeed equal and possess the same human frailties and weaknesses and tendencies as every other race.

Just an interesting bit of trivia...

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous
It's rich people who happen to be white that say "white privilege". They feel guilty that they were born into a rich family and they can see poverty around them.

So they try to bring all the other white people into their guilt party with them. By saying that all white people are born into wealth (some more than others...) Like everyone with their skin color is equally guilty of possessing un-earned wealth.

You are making the common mistake of equating wealth with racism.

There are some very wealthy black people, maybe not as many as white people

but then as a percentage of population they are in the minority.

No 'white guilt' here I have worked very hard for what I have (It is comfort not

wealth) And much of that time was fighting as a minority of privilege a woman in a

mans world.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I think the poster is correct, why do rich white kids talk about white privilege? They equate their privilege with their race, as they are told by their college feminist and race study professors.

a reply to: eletheia

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

Broadstroke all white people are rich.... Somehow i have been left out.
My wealth is in kniwledge but makes me look mental in a world of lies.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Do you happen to remember the name or author of that book?
If not, no problem! Thanks, and cheers!

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Sorry... I seem to remember it was one I found in the local library (that's how long ago it was... we had this place called a "library" where people would go to read books, lol).

"History of Western Slavery" or "History of Slavery in America"... something like that. Sorry, I can't remember more. Was a long, long time ago when I was just starting to get interested in the War of Northern Aggression.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Do we have TRUMP SIGN?. Sir, we have TRUMP SIGN the likes that GOD has never seen! Let there be TRUMP IN THE HOUSE!

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Ah yes, libraries. I loved those things as a kid.

As for the book, it probably would be easy to find it or related material, if I do some googling.

Thanks just the same. Have a great day.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   

It's not about my understanding. It's about me, and you, understanding the experience of those who can't take for granted certain social benefits that white people can and do.

There are tons of examples of black people being singled out, accused, threatened and harassed for doing things white people don't think twice about. The examples are too numerous to post and your willful ignorance is too tedious to attempt to appease.

So be honest and say that it's about 'feelings'.
And your response is an absolute cop out, and highly derivative of the leftist mindset.
"Hey, there's plenty of information out there to prove what I say, and if you don't go and look for it, you're an ignorant, bigoted racist. It's not up to me to present facts. It's up to you to search them out because I am so willfully lazy I do not even have the personal integrity to confront you with material that supports my paradigm. My inability to retort is masked by my ability to project. I don't have the information to back up my claim. So if you don't believe me, I sidestep your inquisitive response, deride you and say it's your fault. People like me are too morally superior and enlightened to waste our time on you."

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Nice to know someone else remembers libraries.

Even if you don't find the same book, I have seen it referenced in others. Should be in about any good book on American slavery written prior to 1970 or so.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 19  20  21   >>

join