It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump orders purge of ‘critical race theory’ and 'white privilege' from federal agencies

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Do you know what critical race theory is and the push to implement it?

You mean the push to educate white Americans to understand how they have benefited from systematic racism, even though they themselves never owned slaves? Yep.

What good does that do? Driving guilt? Driving division? What is the purpose/goal? To make people hyperaware of the sins of yesterday, while burning down the present?

Go far enough back and everyone has an axe to grind. That benefits no one. Other than race pimps trying to make a buck on division.

+16 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Do you know what critical race theory is and the push to implement it?

You mean the push to educate white Americans to understand how they have benefited from systematic racism, even though they themselves never owned slaves? Yep.

How come this gibberish popped up in the mainstream around 2012 when occupy wallstreet was a thing and people were concerned about real issues like massive, systemic corporate corruption, massive & growing wealth disparity and corporate entities dictating government policy?

Is it a coincidence that corporate entities have thrown their full and total support behind this and numerous other manufactured social issues, particularly when the left was focused on the aforementioned problems?

Seems a planned distraction to me. distract the masses with race, gender, religion, literally anything so they do not unify against the real problems plaguing not only America but the entire western world.

Social Justice ideals provided the perfect vehicle. It is an insidious movement that does nothing but divide the people and ensure the current corporate oligarchy remains unchallenged.
edit on 592020 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Federal agencies are the place least likely to even have a trace of racism. Race-based hiring quotas have more than ensured a fair representation by race at the cost of hiring the less-experienced and the less-qualified. The taxpayers carry the cost of these policies and should never have to pay for programs that incite division. Good move shutting it down. It may live on in the Universities and corporate world but not government where we have to pay for it.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Now he needs to take the next step and threaten to dock federal funding from schools that implement it wholesale. Start at the top with the state universities. Why should we tax payers pay to be belittled based on our skin color?

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

What good does that do? Driving guilt? Driving division? What is the purpose/goal? To make people hyperaware of the sins of yesterday, while burning down the present?

Ignorance is bliss.

How did keeping the history of the "Black Wall Street Massacre" out of history books help equalize the races? How does having history books sideline slavery, defining it as an old American economic system, stem equality? Why does the "school to prison pipeline" favor children of color? Does knowing the truth about these disparaging things paralyze you with guilt or help you to better understand our social problems?

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I can imagine a few years ago there were a group of people sitting around a table and one person says, "Race issues have been improving for years. What can we do to set it back decades?"

Another person says, "I've been working on a project that I'm calling "Critical Race Theory" that might do the trick!"

+18 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   

So you can directly prove that all of the things wrong with the average black person's life today are directly because I have white skin?

Good luck.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Federal agencies are the place least likely to even have a trace of racism.

Really? Federal agencies like ICE?

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So you can directly prove that all of the things wrong with the average black person's life today are directly because I have white skin?

That is not the message. The message is, being white, you enjoy and take for granted certain social benefits that people of color often can't.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

The thing about this is it's always vague and ambiguous. What are these certain benefits? Are they universal across all regions and social classes regardless of colour and all other factors? If not, it seems like other factors should be considered. Because for every example you can pull out showing this, I'd be happy to pull out examples showing, social class and wealth have far more impact on your social benefits than how much melanin is in people's skin and that the concentration of melanin has little to do with their ability to acquire wealth. This comes down to motivation and work.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Human Resources Will Become the Far Left's Fifth Column and Destroy the American Workplace

The City of Seattle held a training session for white employees called “Interrupting Internalized Racial Superiority and Whiteness.”

Interesting article that follows a Twitter feed of a FOIA request posted to Twitter as the the new cultural revolution is being fought via corporate HR, city diversity training, and public school curriculums.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Anon283799

So, whens the public book burnings, and progressive art smashing going to take place?

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

That is not the message. The message is, being white, you enjoy and take for granted certain social benefits that people of color often can't.

Everyone says it, but no one ever proves it. It's empty crap. The only proof they ever offer is that blacks are poor. So what? Blacks also don't tend to get married, don't tend to get educated, etc. The ones who do tend to largely live the same type lifestyle that I do - like my neighbor across the street.
edit on 5-9-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

I'd be happy to pull out examples showing, social class and wealth have far more impact on your social benefits than how much melanin is in people's skin and that the concentration of melanin has little to do with their ability to acquire wealth.

Sure. You're less likely to see Will Smith arrested for trying to enter his house than a black Harvard University professor. No argument there.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   

What a crock. Tell us what social benefits they don't have because of skin color. If they're lacking some "social benefit", it's probably for the same reasons a lot of white people experience.

Why don't you listen to some regular clear-minded free-thinking minorities themselves. They will tell you they have never felt repressed, suppressed, or held back in any way. There's a ton of regular black and brown people trying to tell you that themselves on social media. Videos abound. Open eyes and ears so you can "see" and "hear".

As far as ICE is concerned, has it ever occurred to you that it isn't because of racism that people of color (I hate that term) get arrested by ICE. Do you ever engage a rational thought at all?

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Everyone says it, but no one ever proves it. It's empty crap.

Your display ignorance and demand of prove to your own privilege is empty crap.

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Ignorance is bliss.

How did keeping the history of the "Black Wall Street Massacre" out of history books help equalize the races? How does having history books sideline slavery, defining it as an old American economic system, stem equality? Why does the "school to prison pipeline" favor children of color? Does knowing the truth about these disparaging things paralyze you with guilt or help you to better understand our social problems?

There is no "equalizing" races. In fact, race is nothing more than a construct of racist people. The vast majority of the country doesn't want to even recognize race...and if folks would shut up about it we would all get to live happier lives.

Keeping any history out of history books is wrong. That said, not all history can be taught due to time constraints. But the Tulsa thing needs to be taught far and wide. I learned about it from outside sources growing up (namely, my uncle lived in Tulsa and knew the history). But that has nothing to do with Critical Race Theory, and can be taught without the whackadoo notions.

Slavery was an economic system in the US. It was also an economic system in just about every other country (in some it still is). I fail to see how there is issue with that. History is not about morals...its about facts. Save the moral teachings for home/church.

I do not know why black people get imprisoned so much, including kids. I can tell you that the solution has nothing to do with pitting blacks and whites against each other. Critical Race Theory does not offer solutions. It offers angst, nothing more. A solution could be to deemphasize college in favor of trade school. Or simply remove cops from schools to begin with? There are legislative answers.

Knowing about these things is one thing. Facts. Details. Truth. Critical Race Theory goes further, and provides you with narrative as well. That narrative is the issue. Knowing the facts of our history is not an issue at all. But front loading people with viewpoints that are not their own...that is a problem.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

That's all you got eh?

That's the thing about these kinds of things. Whenever you ask someone to actually explain, they never actually can. You make a sarcastic quip about an unrealistic situation that really in the end says nothing.

The problem is, all these 'sjw', for lack of a better term, arguments inevitably come down to

'I feel entitled to special treatment, because a group I am part of is being systemically oppressed by a group I'm not part of. It's this other group's fault nobody from my group can succeed and life is measurably harder for everyone in my group because of this other group where life goes so great for them.'

And it's not just sjws....it's incels, it's lazy layabout spouses, it's that person that always blames that other person when something doesn't go their way, it's children...it's literally everyone that hasn't learned to take responsibility for their lives and wants to blame someone else for all their problems.

Wherever you are in the world, whoever you are, whatever you do, some people will have an easier life than you, for whatever reason, whatever particular group you identify as part of is not special in this regard.

Struggle and suffering is a universal human condition.

The people who just learn to deal with things, take responsibility for things, even when it is someone else's fault things aren't going your way are the only adults in this world. That is what being adult is.

Children blame others for their problems, children expect some authority to fix everything for them, children complain about not being treated like their special.

The world needs to grow the # up.
edit on 5/9/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The left is all about hate and self-loathing.

They should be confined to an isolated island in the Pacific to protect the rest of us from their mass delusions and violence.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   

There is no "equalizing" races. In fact, race is nothing more than a construct of racist people.

That's your [myopic] opinion. I disagree with you, as usual.

I do not know why black people get imprisoned so much, including kids. I can tell you that the solution has nothing to do with pitting blacks and whites against each other.

That is not what's being suggested. Understanding how whites generally enjoy, and take for granted a more trusted place in society than people of color, is the message being promoted. Their ignorance/denial to that fact is a root problem.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join