It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump orders purge of ‘critical race theory’ and 'white privilege' from federal agencies

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Got some spare time to kill before going to pick the Grandson up now that the school run is back on so I thoghut I'd chip on a few.

it is kind of a fun way to kill time, isn't it?

I'll add to a few of the few you chipped in on:

I like my hair cut short....very, very short.
How many times do you think people look at me and assume 'racist', especially Black people?

6'-2" here, full beard (2-3" now since it's summer, has been as long as 5"), long hair (drapes over my shoulders, a holdover from the 70s), topped off with a black Stetson Durango.

People have literally run from me... even though I'm a peaceable guy. I have to wear the beard... without it, I look like a mentally deranged reject from a Jeff Foxworthy look-alike contest!

I like it when they see me and my Rasta mates walking down the street together or sat in the pub together.

I'll hang out with anyone that isn't just an absolute fool. Black, white, Mexican... don't matter. It does get some looks though, so I know what you mean.

No-one trusts/likes the police from where I come from.....until we need them.

Around here, it's an attitude towards kids that seems to cause the problems. Yeah, kids will be kids and get into trouble from time to time, but I believe there would be a lot less animosity towards police if they would just lighten up a little on the kids. Not lighten up as in overlook criminal behavior, but destroying someone's life over a childish prank is no way to win over hearts and minds either. There's a middle ground that has been forgotten IMO.

As I got older, I found the police much more helpful and far less hurtful... but those memories remain.

6 foot 1 inch white people with a very short haircut are often thought to be potentially violent.

Same here for me. For most of my life, if the police were called I was the prime suspect as soon as they saw me.

Even if I was the one that called them!

People are often absolutely dumbfounded that I can hold an intelligent conversation with people and have quite a reasonable broad knowledge base considering I went to the wrong school, came from the wrong council estate and am 6 foot 1 with a skinhead.

Oh, I could tell you stories... one of the best involved a call to England over a question I had about biasing the new MOSFET transistors that had just become commercially available. I couldn't find an answer to my question in the datasheets, talking with the regional rep, talking with the national rep, so I called the engineering department of the manufacturer in England at their suggestion.

Let's just say they took off 100 IQ points when I started speaking (I have an accent that makes Jed Clampett sound like a New Yorker in comparison), and then realized when they heard my question their mistake.

Ever heard an arrogant English engineer admit they didn't know the answer to the question the dumb redneck was asking them? I have.

It was freakin' hilarious! I spent the rest of the day laughing my butt off!

What is that supposed to mean in English?

I think he means white people think they're white.

Come on now.....that shouldn't even be legitimised with a response.

I know, but I was almost done...

You know, someday there will be entire books written about the insanity of the early 21st century. It will go down in legend, right alongside the Salem Witch Trials.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Yeah but come election time the almighty "white vote" is mentioned , or they used the euphemism "middle class" for while and urban is for Black/ Hispanic .

Apples and cantaloupes.

Election results are broken down into black or white, yes, but also into income range, gender (just not all 372 flavors yet), age range, etc. to try and spin why who is voting how. I'm talking about when some black kid gets into a shootout with cops... "How will the black community react?" Or when a politician (other than Joe Biden) makes a gaffe... "The black community is not going to like this!"

I never hear how the "white community" is going to react to the message of the day. Thank goodness... I would be pretty upset at being marginalized that way.

Oh, and as Ketsuko has pointed out, there are white people in the urban areas and black people in the middle-class suburbs. Surprised?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Sounds like you think racism should be taught in seminars and schools ?

These programs are all anti-White Race baiting and people are all for it !!!!!

🚬

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Middle class means white? Huh, my neighbor must not have gotten the memo ...

Yup when the media used it that way that and suburban.

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

🚬

The history of racism in The U.S...yes! anti -White thing?? I don't think that's what they are trying to do.

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

🚬

The history of racism in The U.S...yes! anti -White thing?? I don't think that's what they are trying to do.

Study the BS. Yes they teach anti-White.

That's exactly what they have been doing.

😎

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Well maybe you should talk to the editors at places like the AP then who changed their style manual to capitalize Black because they think all blacks have so much in common that they comprise a monolithic group culturally but they won't capitalize white because they are so ethnically and culturally distinct ... plus that icky white supremacist stuff.

I wonder how the Hutus and Tutsis feel about being told they are both Black? But that's how the AP editors see them, and I guess all of Africa by their explanation because they talked about blacks worldwide, not just in the US.

You want to push back, talk to leftists on this one. They're the ones pushing group identity on everything which perforce pushes you to see yourself as a member of a group first and an individual second, if at all.

That robs you of your personal power in life.

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   

🚬

Here's a clip of the training that Seattle city employees had to undergo, and this was a segregated training where white employees went to one session and POC employees when to another. This is from the white employees' segment.

She basically starts be telling the white people in the room that she believes they're all born not human and into being demons. So she says in that way white people are all racist, and she just wants them to know that up front.

But no .... that stuff isn't anti-white training at all. /shocked face

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Middle America is generally used as both a geographic and cultural label, suggesting a Central United States small town or suburb where most people are middle class or upper middle class, Evangelical or Mainline Protestant, and typically Northwestern European Americans or of general Northern European descent, particularly Anglo-Saxon Protestant, Ulster Scot, or Germanic descent.
en.m.wikipedia.org...(United_States)#:~:text=Middle%20America%20is%20a%20colloquial,Midwestern%20and%20Southern%20United%20S tates.

Ok I usually don't use Wiki...so forgive me in this case, because I know how it's been used and what is "generally" meant when they say stuff like the above going back decades.

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Hey point taken...get rid of her.

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Any theory that states only white people can be racist is horse# on a level we will need NASA to explore.

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Any theory that states only white people can be racist is horse# on a level we will need NASA to explore.

Not a theory or an opinion I hold and usually call such horses@%# out but I do have online conversion with those who do. something like you have to have power to be racist, naaw all it takes is for someone to treat you less than , think of you as less than.
edit on 7-9-2020 by Spider879 because: Fix stuff

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Not necessarily what everyone thinks though.

These days, I think of middle class as an economic thing more than I ever did a racial one. It's an income level/tax bracket, and that's mostly where I see the term applied in the blogs I read. Perhaps that a difference between right leaning news sources and left leaning ones?

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Hey point taken...get rid of her.

I think that's the sort of thing they're mainly looking to expel from Federal level government offices.

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Middle class means white? Huh, my neighbor must not have gotten the memo ...

That phrase "middle class" only means white to someone with deep seeded racist tendencies. To everyone else its an economic measure regardless of skin color.

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Shine a light on a subject to make it more.

Thats why i shine my light on strength.

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Around here, it's an attitude towards kids that seems to cause the problems. Yeah, kids will be kids and get into trouble from time to time, but I believe there would be a lot less animosity towards police if they would just lighten up a little on the kids. Not lighten up as in overlook criminal behavior, but destroying someone's life over a childish prank is no way to win over hearts and minds either. There's a middle ground that has been forgotten IMO

Back in my day, we'd let the parents handle kids. Kids didn't usually get into anything too serious, usually drugs or vandalism or the like

Anything to keep them OUT of the garbage courts & system

Don't know how many of them turned out,but I have to believe they did better in life without a criminal record that employers would hold against them even after completing whatever penalty they would've gotten

99.9% of juveniles and sometimes young adults were handled this way. we didn't have juvenile detention, court systems, "treatment" (spooky isn't it) etc

Agree with this entirely

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Anon283799

Thank God for President Trump.

Maybe this brings the US a step closer to finally addressing the issue of Brown Privilege and systemic Brown Supremacy that has been ruining our country for the last 40 years.

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anon283799
Hey ATS!

Today Trump decided to take action against far-left propaganda and 'wokeness'.

At the direction of President Trump, the White House Office of Management and Budget will move to identify and eliminate any trace of “critical race theory” in the federal government.

Critical race theory is the leftist, racist doctrine that forms the intellectual underpinnings of Black Lives Matter, Antifa, and other radical organizations currently engaged in unrest on America’s streets.

It alleges, among other things, that the United States is a white supremacist country, and that all white people are guilty of racism, whether they intend it or not.

Memorandum

According to the memorandum, agencies are advised to identify such propaganda and cancel contracts.

Fortunately, I've never been taught anything like this and I've never received racist training here in Eastern Europe, but I'm glad things like these are finally brought up and Trump himself started doing something.

I was taught things about the complexity of my language and people, the heroes who defended my country and spread the teachings of Christianity and the contributions we made to the world. I feel bad for students in western nations who are indoctrinated into hating themselves.

I wouldn't tolerate attending training that calls me, my people, or my country evil.

What do you think, ATS?

Is it time to do the same in western public schools and universities?

Just cant bring yourself to say it out loud, huh? WHITE POWER WHITE POWER! There, did it for ya. At least that is what they say in America, not sure what they call it in Russia but probably has a Nazi salute attached to it.

A lot of fear out there though. Amazing that in this day and age, the color of your skin STILL gets folks all riled up. But MAGA will be the game changer right? Put all those black and mexican rapists and drug dealers in their place and get those signs back up in bathrooms that say "whites only". And education in school about history? Hell no, not if my Republican AR-15 and QAnon have anything to say about it.

I mean if we could just round up all the Democrats and kill them, then we could just go back to normal where the blacks are the slaves and the Mexicans are all shipped back to one of the Mexican countries!

Wow. Just wow. Hey Anon, let Putin know after your circle jerk session that we are ready for conquering, because the country has already gone to hell

Racism, hella of a drug, huh? You people are pathetic

new topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join