It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump orders purge of ‘critical race theory’ and 'white privilege' from federal agencies

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 06:15 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

So, which one of those 50 examples do you think applies specifically to me?
I assure you, I read each and every one of them and I honestly don't think I personally have benefited in anyway shape or form.

I've never denied racism exists.
Of course it does and I have opposed it whenever and wherever I have witnessed it and over the years have been actively involved in many anti-racism campaigns etc.

But this idea that all white people are racist even if they don't know it and they've all been given an unfair advantage in life is just one of the most stupid #ing things I've ever heard of in my entire life.
I can absolutely guarantee you that every single Black/Asian middle-class child here in the UK has had a far better opportunity to succede in life than I or any other council estate, working class kid.

I'm not saying they've never encountered racism, unfortunately most, if not all, will have done at some point.
But don't you think people have been prejudiced against me?
Don't you think people have casually dismissed me and been biased against me as soon as they've heard my North Eastern, working class accent?
Don't you think job applications of mine were instantly thrown in the bin the minute they saw which school I attended?
People make assumptions about other people - largely negative one's - every minute of every day, many of them sub-consciously.

I could honestly take every single one of those 50 so called examples and explain why they didn't apply to me personally or white people as a gross generalisation - the notion that 'white people' can be classified as a single group is quite frankly ridiculous - but I can't be arsed today and it would be far too long a post for anyone to read.

By assuming that the things I have achieved in life are somewhat lessened because I had it easy or was given a headstart is a downright lie and a #ing insult to me and the things I have strove to do in my life.
And to say it is also offers an easy cop out to those who have achieved # all in their lives - be they black, white or whatever - through their own personal failings.

Life is hard at times, very bloody hard and I for one can't see it getting any easier.

We need to oppose racism whenever and wherever it occurs but this bizarre urge to blame every single white person alive today for yesterdays injustices and make them pay for it is absolutely absurd.
To suggest that every white person alive has somehow benefited from some sort of preferential treatment is equally preposterous.
Both just serve to highten divisions in our society at a time when we should be uniting and have set race relations back decades.

ETA.

If it's true that every single white person is inherently racist - quite bizarrely most are deemed that unintelligent that they apparently don't even know it - then why aren't black people also inherently racist, or yellow people or brown people?
I can categorically assure you that I've met a whole bunch of all those who have prejudged me.....but I don't think they are ALL racist, just the one's who actually are!
edit on 7/9/20 by Freeborn because: Add ETA

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Oh, why the heck not? From your own link:

1) According to the media that published the pics, the white kids' mug shots were not available at the time the story broke; I can only assume the black kids had previous mug shots available. Now, that is an assumption and I might be wrong, but if so then why is that a black mark on me? I didn't publish either set of photos.

2) Brock Turner probably should have spent much more time behind bars. The Central Park Five were railroaded. But that's not white privilege; Brock Turner was arrested in California, while the Central Park Five were arrested in New York City. New York has a much tougher stance on crime than California. That's a geographic and political disparagement. Apples versus Oranges.

3) George Floyd was murdered by police. Dylan Roof should still be dying slowly in agonizing torment for what he did. That's a white guy making those statements.

4) The opiod crisis is caused by people becoming hooked on prescription drugs, then losing their prescription without proper withdrawal procedures being implemented. The crack crisis was caused by people using illicit drugs. No doctor has ever prescribed crack coc aine. As to racial effect? I have known plenty of white guys hooked on crack, and plenty of black folk hooked on opiods.

5) The very first pic shown is of a black woman. Oh, and I, as a white guy, have no input into Google's search engine... surprise!

6) While that is not equitable, it is also an effect of constant media attention on the "black community." I don't understand that either... there doesn't seem to be a "white community." I have noticed that this usually results from a progressive political belief that blacks vote as a community and always vote Democrat. Maybe talk to the DNC about this one?

7) See my answer to 6. Also, I would need to see the individual acts... I am not going to paint with a broad racial brush like you do. I will freely admit that most mass murders are by white folk... I thought that was common knowledge. I also believe more individual crimes are committed by black folk proportionally. OK, so?

8) You expect me to defend Alabama's screwy "justice" system? We've been trying to straighten that one out for decades now!

9) I don't know; I'm not a doctor. If true, though, in this area, that would be a case of Indian privilege. Most of our doctors are from India (or thereabouts).

10) Dude, I have suffered from clinical depression before. Do not throw that bullcrap in this redneck's direction!

11) From the US Census, estimated 2019, the US is 76.3% white and 13.4% black. That's pretty close to the figures given for media creation. As a matter of fact, 16% (black top 100 movies) is greater than 13.4%.

12) Pure subjection. I am a REDNECK. Do you have any idea how many unstereotyped rednecks are shown in the movies and on TV? Hint: it may be a negative percentage! On the other hand I see Black Panther (God rest that man's soul) was an awesome movie with great acting and character development, and the latest installment of the Fantastic Four (my favorite comic from my youth) culturally re-appropriated Johnny Storm into a black man (and used so many mental gymnastics to make that happen it completely turned me off).

13) I have no information or opinion on Boris Johnson. That's for people in the UK to deal with.

14) I have no idea who Gary Neville or Stormzy (is that a person?) are.

15) Old news. Names which are hard to pronounce or sound too "exotic" are a hindrance in the job market. I'll bet having the name "Bob" in China is the same. Now exactly who names children? White folks only?

BTW, ever heard of Moon Unit Zappa? Didn't think so... Frank Zappa's daughter, had a brief career in acting... very brief. A shame; she was pretty good at acting and easy on the eyes. That name, though, was a joke waiting to be written; I don't know what (if?) Frank was thinking.

16) Dude, spend a week dealing with this super-fine fly-away crap and get back to me.

17) What's a "Boots"? What's a "Fenty"? Are those stores? I don't use makeup, but I do pass by that aisle when shopping... if there's not a shade to match someone's skin tone there, their skin tone does not exist in nature!

I swear, I thought I saw green the other day...

18) I was taught history. History does not change with political motivations. I learned about the Russian Czars, the Persian Empire, Alexander the Great, George Washington Carver, and a whole host of non-white folks who did things back when. Maybe teach freakin' history instead of Critical Race Theory and that wouldn't be an issue?

19) Again, deal with this crap on top of my head for a week and get back to me. You ever tried to style dandelion fluff?

20) No, they're not! What, you think all "white" people are the same shade? There's the KKK in you coming out, too... we all look alike to you? Besides, I have seen darker shades of bandages in stores lately... seems to be a new fad. Works for me, but I still haven't seen my shade. I'm kinda reddish (especially when I tan).

That's another thing... we whiteys change skin tone depending on how much sun we get. How you gonna get a bandage to do that?

21) Until you turn to that cop who's supposed to be there to help you and find out too late he's got a grudge against rednecks... oops!

If there's a problem with how your kids are taught, I don't know, maybe teach them differently?

22) The UK paid compensation to former slave owners? The US literally destroyed them (including killing them, their families, and burning everything they ever thought about owning before stealing their burned-out land).

23) Again, US Census data... 76.3% white, 13.4% black. Where I am it's 26.6% black according to your own link. Not many solid white work environments around these parts. Maybe up north where everyone seems to be screaming about Critical Race Theory...

24) That's because it's not possible for a crime against a white guy to be a "hate crime."

25) I am? Really? Would you mind letting all those security guards that keep an eye on me in on this? Thanks in advance.

26) Someone is delusional! I spent way, way, way too much time in my youth trying to figure out to make people more comfortable around me... I finally gave up.

27) Do black kids cause more trouble in schools? Let's start there.

28) If true, then that's a reasonable problem that needs correcting. Why do you want me to feel guilty for what a prison system does, though? Start a movement before you condemn me for not jumping on it.

29) Bullcrap! "You know, you're surprisingly smart for a redneck."

30) I don't? Sookiechacha just told us that being white in Hawaii can get your knee hurt.

31) You might be surprised to hear this, but black folk in the US are allowed to have money. Yeah, crazy ain't it? As for the chance that anyone in the US is black, I again refer you to the US Census: 13.4% black, 76.3% white...

The next human you meet is 5.7 times more likely to be white than black... on average.

32) If you think we need more children's books written by black people, get a black person to write a children's book. You're saying you want less children's books? Because white people who write children's books can't suddenly turn black... they can only write less!

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   
33) Not gonna waste time looking up these cases, based on previous citations, but did both occur in the same area? What were the situations surrounding them? Did both have competent lawyers? IMO, both should have been thrown in prison for child neglect.

34) Dude, if you got that kind of stuff happening in the UK, maybe you should focus on the UK! That's sick, and blaming everyone else for it is even sicker!

35) As someone recently in the industry, non-whites actually seem to be over-represented in the engineering industry. I'm not complaining; if they're better at it, they're better at it.

36) What? Is this written by a KKK Grand Wizard? Or maybe Joe Biden?

People don't think that way any more, at least not around here. Catch up... it's 2020.

37) So I take it the African teams were regularly beating the crap out of the European teams? That's what it sounds like to me...

38) What does "BME" stand for? Am I supposed to know this instinctively or something?

39) OK, I'll grant you the top 20 richest people are white, but Congress being 78% white in a country which is 76.3% white is wrong... how? Also, many of the cities which have a higher black population are almost exclusively run by black leaders... Chicago ring a bell? Did someone bleach Lori Lightfoot while I was sleeping?

The US leadership is not skewed against non-whites. It is representative.

40) Whiteness is the "default experience" for white people, yes. I would assume blackness is the "default experience" for black people. So?

41) Historically... big word. What about today? History does not change, so demanding that inequity is based on history is also demanding that inequity cannot change. How exactly do you think we should address this inequity? Take white people's property? Their money? Does that include white people who never had a hand in this historical inequity?

42) OK, voter disenfranchisement? Really? You don't think non-whites can get an ID card? Dude, they're free to the impoverished here! Problems with registration? No one here cares what color you are when you register! Just prove you're a citizen... that is a requirement of voting in the first place, you know? Voter purge? You think black folks should be able to vote after they die?

Give it up... anyone who is tied in with Critical Race Theory has no leg to stand on after the shenanigans being pulled right now concerning voting. They're the problem.

43) Here again, I have seen too many examples of apples meeting oranges to put much faith in individual comparisons.

44) So talk to the Huffington Post. Do you think all white people control them? Do you think all white people read them? (Hint: I don't.)

45) Wow... again, statistics... America is 76.3% white. As for college professors being 84% white, I call BS. In my academic career it was a good bit lower (unless maybe if you count Asians as "white" which they technically are not).

46) I don't know; I don't smoke weed. I smoke tobacco. I will say I think legalization of marijuana is something that is long overdue.

47) Dude, lay off the Karen crap! Every white person I know thinks that was absolutely insane! You don't get to call one obviously mentally deranged woman's paranoid actions indicative of the entire white population and still maintain one damn shred of credibility.

48) OK, the term "black teens" does yield some disturbing results. How about we address that instead of just claiming all white people are responsible? Again... I have no connection to Google; I cannot adjust their algorithms.

49) Probably has something to do with the fact that Madeleine McCann is still missing, while Shukri Abdi is not. Why would anyone spend money trying to find someone when they already have their remains? As for the other children laughing... kids can be cruel. I'd wager most of them never realized she was drowning (although I am sure they do now).

50) Yes, it has been eye-opening for me, but not because I am "experiencing my white privilege." More because I am amazed at the similarities between what I am seeing and the exact same rhetoric that was used during and just after the US civil rights struggle by the racists.

This is nothing but skewed comparisons of individual atrocities, imagined slights, poorly twisted statistics, and attempts to not address the few real issues because it is easier to blame people over skin color. I will admit, while the magnitude amazes me the substance (or lack thereof) does not. I expected little else. It seems hardcore racism never really changes.

Oh, and before you come back with the old "Hey, I didn't write this" excuse, you put this article forth as a list of examples of what you consider as systemic racism. Therefore, you have adopted these words; accept them. If in the future you do not wish to be called out for the words of some two-bit delusional excuse for a journalist, I strongly suggest you make your own words instead of hitching your ride to a falling rock.

Well, that was a bit of fun, though. Lucky for you I woke up early and felt lazy this morning.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

...and the truly sad thing about that is, they can't, or rather won't, see that.

They may not see it, but I will continue to point it out. It's not the racists who need to understand what's going on; it's the rest of the people. The racists will never change, but they can be ignored into oblivion just like the KKK, the Neo-Nazis, and Westboro Baptist Church.

The more racism is marginalized, the more equal we can all become. Just like Dr. King wanted.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   

I don't care if you believe it. They're my friends and colleagues. Also there is this G allup poll that shows that 80%, aka 4 in 5 black Americans want the same amount of policing or more in their neighborhoods. If they're all so afraid of police that's a very odd statistic. The only group who wants to increase police patrols in their neighborhood more than blacks, are Hispanics.

So what should you learn from this? That the media megaphone does not amplify reality. In fact it does its best to ignore reality to push a hard left agenda.
edit on 7-9-2020 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Huh. Well this is going to be a little embarrassing for you.

I think a pattern is developing where you seem to be unaware of real things that happen and are hyperaware of things that are fake news.
edit on 7-9-2020 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

If they're all so afraid of police that's a very odd statistic.

It's not so odd. Let me clear it up by adding a little context:

Racists only see skin color; anything else is irrelevant. Thus, everyone of a particular skin color looks the same to them. That's the definition of a racist, after all.

The media does not cover normal, everyday people. The media wants big stories, stories that get people all riled up, stories that amaze. That's how entertainment works, and the media is the business of entertaining. The only difference between them and a movie studio is they use current events rather than movie sets.

So racists watch the news and see this small group of highly vocal people chanting that they are being killed unjustly by the cops. They are obviously angry, as they are looting and smashing and defacing everything in sight. We see people... thugs, if you will... breaking the law. That's because we see individuals. Racists don't see individuals; they see skin color. So to them, these thugs must be representative of the entire race.

But that means they can't be thugs because that would be calling an entire race of people thugs. That's wrong! So these people are not thugs, and therefore must have a reason to be so angry. They say they are afraid of police (rightfully so probably, since they are thugs), so to the racists, all black folk must be afraid of the police. All black folk must be oppressed. All black folk need their help! And since the police are assumed white, it must be white people oppressing them.

We understand that these thugs are a small percentage of the population and do not represent the rest. That is where the disconnect lies. Racists cannot see that.

The reality that racists are blind to is that all humans are human. They are not black humans, nor white humans, nor Asian humans... they are humans first and foremost. Some are good people; some are bad people. They all want the same basic things in life: money, respect, friends, family. They just differ on how they go about trying to get these things. Most people take a more peaceful route, and that's the 80% statistic you pointed out. A few try to achieve their goals through violence, garnering media attention in the process, and that is the group that the racists think are representative of the whole.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Huh. Well this is going to be a little embarrassing for you.

I think a pattern is developing where you seem to be unaware of real things that happen and are hyperaware of things that are fake news.

These people are idiots!

If you don’t like it somewhere, leave!

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Red you kinda off base with this
Quote: [
22) The UK paid compensation to former slave owners? The US literally destroyed them (including killing them, their families, and burning everything they ever thought about owning before stealing their burned-out land).] End Quote.
yes as long as they refused to say Uncle ---Sam Sherman made it hard as possible, he went in for that scorched earth total war thing.
However,

THIS DAY IN HISTORY

April 16, 1862: Compensated Emancipation Act

On April 16, 1862, the District of Columbia Compensated Emancipation Act became law.

Pause for a minute to consider how much compensation would have been offered to the people who suffered torture and other human rights abuses and whose labor and families were stolen for generations. The answer is zero.

The federal government compensated the “owners” of enslaved people for their “loss of property.” The people who were freed were not compensated, nor given any assistance for the transition to their freedom.

On April 16, 1862, President Abraham Lincoln signed a bill emancipating enslaved people in Washington, the end of a long struggle. But to ease slaveowners’ pain, the District of Columbia Emancipation Act paid those loyal to the Union up to $300 for every enslaved person freed.

That’s right, slave owners got reparations. Enslaved African-Americans got nothing for their generations of stolen bodies, snatched children and expropriated labor other than their mere release from legal bondage.
www.nytimes.com...

If you wanna piss off a lot of white Ppl even in jest, tell em the govt should pay up what they promised, personally I not holding my breath, heck I haven't even use up my military benefits. because of my mixed heritage of Caribbean and old school family don't think I would qualify either.

As to why there is no such thing called a "White Community" ... really Red?? I thought knew of the 90 yrs of segregation and Jim Crow laws , policed and enforced by people known as the " White Citizen's Counsel " while up north it was social distancing by clause and red lining.
So critical Race theory??? Don't know about that , but the above is simply history.

edit on 7-9-2020 by Spider879 because: Fix stuff.

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Something else to take into account:

Brock Turner was an athlete at a school where his sport really matters. Yes, swimming is a power sport at Stanford. His case is more comparable to the things that went on at Baylor University with the football team where multiple athletes were involved in rape and sexual assault allegations and the university swept them under the rug for benefit of the football team because football had been a whipping boy for so long and then Art Briles rsurrected the program using athletes most other programs wouldn't touch for legal reasons.

You can guess what color the athletes at Baylor were, but they received the same kind of treatment that Turner did.

**EDIT**

Teikiatsu mentions that there is also the Duke LaCrosse case where the entire team was railroaded based on the allegations of one woman along racial lines. The entire country was all in an uproar over how privileged, white athletes would treat this poor black woman, and then it all turned out to be a lie carried along by an over-zealous prosecutor looking win re-election.
edit on 7-9-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Pay off to who from who?

How do you determine who is owed and who owes?

Plenty of blacks who don't have any connection to slavery in this country, and plenty of whites who don't have any connection to it. Some blacks are descended from slave owners themselves, both white and black ones. Do they owe? Do they pay themselves? What about whites who are descended from black who were slaves? Do they pay themselves? Do they owe?

Or is this simply something you get based solely on your skin color?

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Got some spare time to kill before going to pick the Grandson up now that the school run is back on so I thought I'd chip in on a few.

6) Here in the UK If the person(s) found to have committed an act of terrorism has a Muslim sounding name or is Black/Brown then the media immediately stresses they are NOT representative of all Muslims etc and excuses are quickly offered up for their behaviour and actions.
If its a white person then they are immediately labelled racists/nazi's/homophobic etc.....in both instances usually by the same sort of people who think all white people are racists and the source of ALL evil in the world.

11) 86% of the UK population is white.
If a foreigner was forming their opinion of the UK based solely on TV programmes they would have thought there were far more Black people.
I must say that thought Black people are fairly well represented on UK TV they do not get many leading roles.....but then again neither do many working class white people.
I think that's more to do with those who control the TV stations and nothing to do with me.
How anyone can think that I've benefited in any way from that I'll never know.

12) Can't say I see many council estate people from working class backgrounds in any prominent roles in TV or in the media at all.

13) Boris Johnson's entire career is entitled upper middle class English privilege in action.
The same can be said for the vast majority of the political elite.....and military, clergy, police, Civil Service etc.

14) So Gary Neville shouldn't be applauded for saying racism should be opposed?
Stormzy wasn't 'hounded and vilified' at all....some people simply disagreed with him. Isn't that allowed?

16) FFS.
I like my hair cut short....very, very short.
How many times do you think people look at me and assume 'racist', especially Black people?
I like it when they see me and my Rasta mates walking down the street together or sat in the pub together.

17) Boots is a chain of Pharmacy's.
I pay no attention to stuff like that as I don't use them.....so how exactly have I benefited from it even if it is true?

18) game over man, please start a thread on this because it is that complex a topic that I could go on and on about it.

21) No-one trusts/likes the police from where I come from.....until we need them.

24) Almost any crime involving BAME people in the UK is automatically deemed a 'hate' crime......almost no crimes against white people are.

26) 6 foot 1 inch white people with a very short haircut are often thought to be potentially violent.

27) I managed both....I'm not Black.

29) People are often absolutely dumbfounded that I can hold an intelligent conversation with people and have quite a reasonable broad knowledge base considering I went to the wrong school, came from the wrong council estate and am 6 foot 1 with a skinhead.

37) You really should hear what words people use to describe me!

40) What is that supposed to mean in English?

41) If true, then indefensible.

46) I don't smoke weed....it wankers me.
How does this benefit me or put me at an advantage or make me a racist?

49) Come on now.....that shouldn't even be legitimised with a response.

50) I've had a bit of a giggle but mainly just shaking my head in disbelief.

Well, that filled in half an hour.

edit on 7/9/20 by Freeborn because: lots of typo's

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   

The District of Columbia Compensated Emancipation Act paid Union slaveholders $300 per slave freed. Nothing to Southern slaveholders. Only Southern estates (both slave-holding and not) were razed to the ground.

Not that I think anyone who held slaves should have been compensated; just setting the record straight.

As to why there is no such thing called a "White Community" ... really Red?? I thought knew of the 90 yrs of segregation and Jim Crow laws , policed and enforced by people known as the " White Citizen's Counsel " while up north it was social distancing by clause and red lining.

My point was that black folk are treated as homogenous by the MSM, while white folk are not. When one is part of a group, one can reasonably be expected to apologize for heinous actions of a member in good standing. The MSM has corralled black folk into such a group, whether or not it exists in reality. That is why black leaders are typically called upon to apologize for heinous deeds committed by other black folk, when such is not true for white folk.

IMO back folk should push back hard every time someone mentions the "black community." You are not all the same and you shouldn't accept being treated that way.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Pay off to who from who?

How do you determine who is owed and who owes?

Plenty of blacks who don't have any connection to slavery in this country, and plenty of whites who don't have any connection to it. Some blacks are descended from slave owners themselves, both white and black ones. Do they owe? Do they pay themselves? What about whites who are descended from black who were slaves? Do they pay themselves? Do they owe?

Or is this simply something you get based solely on your skin color?

I dunno how they are gonna work that out, part of my problem with it, I guess one start out with slave plantation record etc..business and institutions involved in it..
and no like I said I wouldn't qualify anyways, as it does not include more recent migrants, even of partial AA heritage like myself.
edit on 7-9-2020 by Spider879 because: Fix stuff.

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   

So basically, you think anyone from the South at all should owe? It would be very hard to have made any kind of living in the antebellum South without some dealing with a plantation in some way no matter what you thought then of slavery.

And are you going to extend that to those in the North who used Southern grown cotton in their textile factories? What about those who worked in those factories and whose hands, perforce, touched that Southern grown cotton? Might even have been some free blacks doing that ...

One wonders how scrupulous you are with avoiding goods produced by modern slave labor and in modern sweatshops.

edit on 7-9-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So basically, you think anyone from the South at all should owe? It would be very hard to have made any kind of living in the antebellum South without some dealing with a plantation in some way no matter what you thought then of slavery.

And are you going to extend that to those in the North who used Southern grown cotton in their textile factories? What about those who worked in those factories and whose hands, perforce, touched that Southern grown cotton? Might even have been some free blacks doing that ...

Like I said they might go knocking at planters and institutions, speaking of which some university did just that , offered free scholarship to those families who were I
Enslaved by founders of said institution.

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   

My point here is that there is no way this can be untangled, not fairly.

When compensation was given to Japanese Americans, it was only given directly to those who had been directly interned. There was no question over who was owed compensation for what they had directly lost.

Here we are talking about something generations removed. The lines are hopelessly muddled. And by now, there are programs layered on programs intended to compensate and lift out of poverty those who need it and have been for generations. I can't help it if those programs aren't black exclusive, nor can I help it if American blacks have not taken advantage of those myriad programs to do what they are ostensibly intended to do, but have instead chosen to remain mired in poverty, making poor choices and waiting for an even bigger payday premised off the idea that whites owe them something.

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

The District of Columbia Compensated Emancipation Act paid Union slaveholders $300 per slave freed. Nothing to Southern slaveholders. Only Southern estates (both slave-holding and not) were razed to the ground.

Not that I think anyone who held slaves should have been compensated; just setting the record straight.

My point was that black folk are treated as homogenous by the MSM, while white folk are not. When one is part of a group, one can reasonably be expected to apologize for heinous actions of a member in good standing. The MSM has corralled black folk into such a group, whether or not it exists in reality. That is why black leaders are typically called upon to apologize for heinous deeds committed by other black folk, when such is not true for white folk.

IMO back folk should push back hard every time someone mentions the "black community." You are not all the same and you shouldn't accept being treated that way.

TheRedneck

Yeah but come election time the almighty "white vote" is mentioned , or they used the euphemism "middle class" for while and urban is for Black/ Hispanic .

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Middle class means white? Huh, my neighbor must not have gotten the memo ...

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join