It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump orders purge of ‘critical race theory’ and 'white privilege' from federal agencies

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: xuenchen

It wasn't staged. The Black man was really threatened by a white privileged woman.

It wasn't staged but the reality is that it was a "Karen off".
It's not like he was wearing a do rag.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Seems to me you have white guilt because you have a type of messiah complex where you think you are a savior for POC.

When really it's your own racism oozing out because you honestly believe them to be somehow inferior and you know best.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I gave a bedroom in my 2 bedroom house to a local man and his 2 children, they were sleeping in his car, until he and his buddies could afford a place of their own.

Now your showing your unconscious racist bias because if you were as

solicitous as you claim you would have given him both bedrooms and you would

have slept in in his car.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

The colour of the hobo wasn't described was it?

Sure, we all assume he was a "rent boy" but we can't be sure.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Sookiechacha, are you aware that there were never black slaves in most of Europe? That slavery wasn’t even a thing in most of Europe? Are you aware that most countries in Europe, all white, never participated in enslaving Africans? Never participated in colonialism or imperialism? That Arabs enslaved black and white people alike? Are you aware that the very first slave owner in the US was Andrew Jackson, a black slave owner? Are you aware that there are many white countries that are so predominantly white that the opportunity to be racist against black people just never arises? How do you profit from your white skin color if everyone is white and not a single person black? Where is the privilege?
What do you make of all that? Is it not profoundly racist to label every white person a racist just on the basis of their skin color?
Tell you what. You are a racist and while you might feel educated, you don’t know sh*t. You’re just some brainwashed child with no critical thinking. Sorry if you feel that critical thinking is racist. I think racism is racist. You’re full of racism. If arguments cannot convince you, I hope your fate will.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   
This is why I'm voting for Trump. Cry baby fascists won't get their way no matter how much they riot. Look how much progress they made towards total tyranny this time. After all the protest and selfishness. Zero.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

What protesters??

All I'm seeing these days, are rioters. Any good done by the protesters has long since been overshadowed by the harm done by the rioters.

I do not need to be told to treat people fairly. I was raised that way. If I don't like you, it has nothing to do with skin tone...it has to do with you.

You want to redress issues, then speak to me as an equal, do not come into the conversation accusing me of things that, quite frankly, have nothing to do with me. I've been given nothing in my life. Anything I have, I earned by the sweat of my brow, and the work of my hands--anything I don't have was earned the same way.

Do not attempt to "educate" me on anything. This delusional idea that somehow I've been treated fairly in my life because I'm white is, coin a phrase, bollocks. You don't like to hear that--I don't care. Many truths are uncomfortable, aren't they??

“In the final analysis, a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it that America has failed to hear?”

What is it that America has supposedly not heard?? It was very true back before the Civil Rights act, before the death of Jim Crow after far too long a time. In case it's escaped your notice, and those of apparently far too many, things have drastically changed in the ensuing years since then.

Is it all wine and roses? No, of course it's not. This attempt to lay guilt at the feet of those who are guilty of nothing but, apparently having the wrong color skin is remarkably similar to what, supposedly, the problem is.

I'm white, therefore I'm guilty of something...what remains undefined. I guess it's being white.

Tell me, in what way is that any different then "driving while black"?

Please continue grovelling if you must--being guilty of "something"--but leave me out of it.

I'll continue to judge by the content of a person character, rather than the color of their skin.

He said this, too...

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I’m late to the show here but wanted to say- thank goodness he done it. I was wondering what was taking so long.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   

My daughter had the other bedroom. I slept on the sofa.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
I do not need to be told to treat people fairly. I was raised that way. If I don't like you, it has nothing to do with skin tone...it has to do with you.

Love transcends all barriers, so does hate.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   

My daughter had the other bedroom. I slept on the sofa.

So you invited a homeless man into your home with a child...
And you want to lecture us?

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I didn't ask you to give me personal examples. I asked you to explain what it is.

Now you tell me Jim Crow, but Jim Crow has been dead for decades. The closest thing we have to that nowadays is Affirmative Action which largely discriminates against whites and Asians.

You can't claim that government mandates black kids go to school and then straight to prison because those laws don't exist.

Those disparities that exist are claimed to be racist because the reasons for them are too painful to be really examined and lie at least in no small part inside the black community itself. It has also been proven that many of those disparities also exist for any family that live under the same conditions - single parent, poor, lack of education, etc. - that plague many of the families in the black community regardless of race.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

All I'm seeing these days, are rioters. Any good done by the protesters has long since been overshadowed by the harm done by the rioters.

Sadly, that seems to be by design. The peaceful protests are during the day. The riots are because of a different bunch of people and provocateurs.

I do not need to be told to treat people fairly. I was raised that way.

Good for you.

You want to redress issues, then speak to me as an equal, do not come into the conversation accusing me of things that, quite frankly, have nothing to do with me.

You are not the government, and nobody expects redress from you. Nobody forced you into this conversation.

What is it that America has supposedly not heard??

That police brutality against unarmed Black is out of control. That the school to prison pipeline policies unfairly targets more Blacks and people of color. That judicial systems use zip codes to determine sentencing.

I'm white, therefore I'm guilty of something...what remains undefined. I guess it's being white.

No. That's not the message. The message is "I'm white, therefore I experience white privilege that I might not even be aware of.

I'll continue to judge by the content of a person character, rather than the color of their skin.

Okie Dokie! You do that!

edit on 6-9-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

He was a coworker. And a father. And, we're still friends.

edit on 6-9-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Now you tell me Jim Crow, but Jim Crow has been dead for decades.

Jim Crow is not a person. It was pejorative term for a lanky Negro male; "Jim Crow".

The closest thing we have to that nowadays is Affirmative Action which largely discriminates against whites and Asians.

Not even in the same ball field, not even the same game as Jim Crow laws. Affirmative Action is an attempt to reverse the damages caused by segregation and legal discrimination.

You can't claim that government mandates black kids go to school and then straight to prison because those laws don't exist.

The school-to-prison pipeline is a process through which students are pushed out of schools and into prisons. In other words, it is a process of criminalizing youth that is carried out by disciplinary policies and practices within schools that put students into contact with law enforcement. Once they are put into contact with law enforcement for disciplinary reasons, many are then pushed out of the educational environment and into the juvenile and criminal justice systems.
www.thoughtco.com...

The school-to-prison pipeline indicates that there is a relationship between minority young men who are disciplined in K-12 settings through suspensions and expulsions and those who end up incarcerated later in life. Here are the alarming statistics:

Black students are nearly four times as likely to face suspensions as their white peers
Suspensions of black high school students have increased eleven times more quickly than white peers since the 1970s

www.theedadvocate.org...

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalCK

You know what amazes me?

These people are using the exact same playbook the KKK used! Identical! And I should know... I grew up in the 1970s only a short drive from where the national KKK was founded. I knew several people who were active in the KKK. I have been personally invited not once, but twice, to join. Not "we;re having a membership drive and would like you to come to it," but more "hey, we've got a place for you! How about coming to a meeting tonight as my guest?"

I never joined, btw... hated them back then as much as I do now. I replied the same way both times: "I don't need your help to hate anybody. You wanna join me?" Needless to say, we were not on friendly terms.

They've just changed the words... from "uppity n*****" to "white privilege." It means the same thing... that person with the wrong skin color isn't doing as I think they should. They need a good beating!" Does anyone here have any idea how many times I have heard stuff like that growing up? It took a long while to do it, but we finally got rid of the KKK here; they only exist as inconsequential hermits hiding in a few backwoods hollows now. They couldn't get a march together if they had three years notice and gave out free steak dinners.

Now, after all that, here they are again! Same tactics, same basic language structure, same attitude... "Deny your white privilege!" is nothing different than "don't talk back to me, you uppity n*****." And it disgusts me to no end. I cannot fathom how there are people so conceited, so arrogant, so full of hate in modern times. They should be relegated to history by now, but here they are!

I guess racists are a lot more like cockroaches than I gave them credit for... they're not only nasty, despicable vermin that exist as a bane on the planet, but they just keep coming back!

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   

FFS, this conversation has become ridiculous.

Where on earth did you get the idea that I thought Jim Crow was a real person and not the term for a set of laws used in the South to segregate blacks?

If you persist in giving me unserious answers, I am done.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You expect a serious answer?

If you were to go back in time and ask a KKK member "why do you hate blacks?" you would get the same type of answers... vague generalizations, anecdotal trivia, nonspecific allegations. Not once would you get an answer that either of us would consider "serious." That's because the hatred is rooted in illogic and emotion. They can't tell you why they hate; they just do.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join