It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump orders purge of ‘critical race theory’ and 'white privilege' from federal agencies

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

originally posted by: Nyiah
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied
If I can throw your ass out as customer for simply having no shoes, I can certainly choose to employ who I please as well.

You most certainly can choose who you employee, however there are laws stating you cannot dismiss based on race, sex, religion etc.

You, as another person here appear to be saying "yeah # happens, ignore it"

Until you refuse to hire a person wearing their pant at their knees or speaking ebonic slang. Now that is being deemed racist and "miscroagressions". Not good business sense to not have your employees representing your business in a manner you, as the business owner, do not want to project.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

originally posted by: Nyiah
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied
If I can throw your ass out as customer for simply having no shoes, I can certainly choose to employ who I please as well.

You most certainly can choose who you employee, however there are laws stating you cannot dismiss based on race, sex, religion etc.

You, as another person here appear to be saying "yeah # happens, ignore it"

Until you refuse to hire a person wearing their pant at their knees or speaking ebonic slang. Now that is being deemed racist and "miscroagressions". Not good business sense to not have your employees representing your business in a manner you, as the business owner, do not want to project.

Yes, because that's what black people do isn't it?

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No, you didn't give me examples because you couldn't.

As I told before, I'm not giving personal examples of how I benefited from white privilege, because you won't accept it, and you'll mock it. I won't give you examples of systemic racism because your willful ignorance is too tedious to appease.

Systemic racism was alive and well during the Jim Crow era. It was alive and well during the Civil Rights era. It didn't go away. It's still here and you can see evidence of in the school to prison pipe line, in law enforcement, education, communities and housing, health care, among other areas.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

That's because "Whites" were treated horribly by the locals according to people I know there.

Bitterness and jealousy mostly 😷

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: The2Billies

If I'm going to be a racist regardless of what I do based on my being white, I may as well actually be a racist. That's why this training is so evil. It removes any incentive to not be a racist. They know this. I'm going to start calling them Manson democrats because he would be so proud of them.

You are right the Democrats liberals/leftists BLM leave white people no choice but to be racist.

They say all white people are embroiled in systemic racism and are privileged due to the color of their skin which makes them racist, rather they admit it or not.

So white people are left only with admitting they are racist and thus internalizing their racism as who they are, thanks to being hounded and hounded until they "discover and admit" their innate inherent racism.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
As a waitress who had worked in all kinds of restaurants in Hawaii, I can only remember working with one Black waitress, at a Denny in Kihei.

Did you feel bad about supporting racist organisations or were you happy to take your paycheck?

Racist organizations like Hyatt, Sheridan, and Marriot. It's called "white privilege".

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

No, you didn't give me examples because you couldn't.

I won't give you examples of systemic racism because your willful ignorance is too tedious to appease.

You can link study after study in this place, they'll be ignored. Much easier to just say "something must be wrong with those people"...like its always been said in America.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   

You won't give personal examples of benefits, and you refuse to give examples of systemic racism?

Perhaps you are displaying systemic racism by assuming that those poor little black kids can't hope for your level of success.

(post by Krakatoa removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That's because "Whites" were treated horribly by the locals according to people I know there.

Bitterness and jealousy mostly

Yeah. It's called "white privilege"! Whites were treated badly by locals because they didn't understand their white privilege, and how it hurt their communities.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

As a waitress who had worked in all kinds of restaurants in Hawaii, I can only remember working with one Black waitress, at a Denny in Kihei.

Did you feel bad about supporting racist organisations or were you happy to take your paycheck?

Racist organizations like Hyatt, Sheridan, and Marriot. It's called "white privilege".

Yes.
Racist organizations like Hyatt, Sheridan, and Marriot.

Did you feel bad taking a paycheck from them?

(post by AScrubWhoDied removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

This is an example of how systemic racism has made this woman think that she's superior to a black man, and that the police will back her up by automatically believing that all African American are dangerous, untrustworthy criminals, so they will rush to her aid, and it will be upon the Black man to defend himself from the police.

edit on 6-9-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I know your heart is in the right place.
But infantilising people of colour is not the way to make progress.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Wasn't she proved wrong?

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

Bitterness and jealousy mostly

Yeah. It's called "white privilege"! Whites were treated badly by locals because they didn't understand their white privilege, and how it hurt their communities.

And how was all that the fault of "White" tourists ?

😃

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   

You're aware that video may be staged right ? 😃

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Did you feel bad taking a paycheck from them?

A little. I felt bad for the people whose job I took, who were working in the kitchen making a lot less money, because they were the wrong color. My not taking the job wouldn't help them. Those businesses would just find another white person to take the job.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

You're aware that video may be staged right ? 😃

Is that why the woman was charged with falsely reporting a crime, and lost her job and her dog? I hear she got her dog back.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join