It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump orders purge of ‘critical race theory’ and 'white privilege' from federal agencies

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

So you fix your own wrong thoughts by assuming everyone else must have them too?

I get that it's uncomfortable to realize you had a bigoted mindset, but it's just as bad to shunt some of the blame aside by saying that it's a product of your race and not a product of who *you* were.

edit on 6-9-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
From everything you've written, my friend and her family would run into discrimination when meeting you. You're right in that's a sad problem and I'd agree it's not nearly the only one with society today.

So would mine. I've no doubt Sookie would try to paint my dad and Chinese stepmother as "fetishizing" or "exoticizing" her or something equally stupid. Actually, I'd love for her to try it, you think I'm blunt and harsh? Piss off a Chinese woman, especially via dumbassery. Not only will ears burn to a crisp, Sookie might even cry.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Yall still replying to his idiocy after that buzzfeed article he posted as proof for white privilige? Lol.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This is easily one of my favorite things that Trump has done. A bit late.. But thats ok.

Generally speaking, I assume that anyone that supports CRT is either ignorant or racist, or some mix. Almost exclusively involves projecting that on others too.

One of the more insidious and toxic aspects of this new religion, and has no place in education or government (putting it mildly).

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

One of the more insidious things I've noticed with this kind of training is if you dig into the groups who provide it, they crow all about how diverse and inclusive their staff and board is, but there is always one type of voice they lack, and the only way you see that voice is if it represents the sexual alphabet group in some way.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I've no doubt Sookie would try to paint my dad and Chinese stepmother as "fetishizing" or "exoticizing" her or something equally stupid.

Don't take things so personally.

I don't pretend to deny that there are black men who see having a white woman on their arm as a status symbol, or girls that snag a Black boyfriend to piss their parents off, or white people who adopt "exotic" looking children as accessories. In my opinion those are examples of racial microaggression. Which I explained earlier.

Of course you can disagree with me, but don't think I'm automatically judging your parent's love for each other and all seeing mixed race relationships as examples of racial microaggression.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Belief systems like CRT essentially legitimize some of the worst traits of humanity under the auspices of fighting against that very thing.

Allll those behaviors & beliefs are acceptable, as long as its directed against the "correct" people. Which is literally what more traditional racists, bigots, etc. claim as well.

The worst part, imo, is that it doesnt just legitimize it.. It turns it into a righteous cause that directly feeds itself and doesnt have any actual target other than those that disagree on any level.

Its a problem on any societal level, and never moreso than when it starts propagating in areas like government, science, & education.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Are treated with less respect

I've seen it myself.

can't get a certain job because of the color of their skin.

Like I said, in Hawaii, in the 1970's tourists liked white people to serve them food, and brown people working in the kitchen. I saw many capable people passed up for front of the house service jobs and put in housekeeping or the kitchen, because of the color of their skin. (As illegal as that is) It's been 28 years since I left Hawaii. I hope it's different now.

As a waitress who had worked in all kinds of restaurants in Hawaii, I can only remember working with one Black waitress, at a Denny in Kihei.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

However, when a home loan (housing kinda a need) from a very well qualified candidate for no reason other than race, sexual preference, religion etc... then yeah there should be equal outcome. Across the board. We have laws against these practices for a reason.

You'd like to let those off that break these laws, brush em off as 'dicks and assholes'

I'd like to see them punished for breaking the law.

Soooo.....YOU are selling your house and have 'provisionally' agreed a price to

sell to a black family.......

Along comes a white family (for what ever reason) desperately want your house

and offer you substancially more than your asking price......

#1 Do you keep to your 'principals'?

# 2 Do you do a 'beneficial to you business deal'?

Most people would do #2 Does that make them racist? or is it just good business

practice?

This has nothing to do with underwriting, I fail to see the relevance. The selling party does not finance the buying party. There are no laws that dictate who I must sell my property to.

German here, watching you post for a while but now I have to step into the bull# you spew.

Why doesn't it surprise me you only go from 1938-1945? Oh right because the same tactics, that Hitler and his party used to gain power before that timespan, is on the agenda of your beloved rioting brothers. What the jew sign was, is now a red hat that says "Make america great again".

Yes I did it, I draw the comparrision and since I am white and oh my gosh, German too, I am racist! Isn't that what the theory you try to defend says?

If you think that's a stupid thing I did, well here is the mirror.

No, I went with that time period because World War 2 is one of the few historical events that get more than a few weeks worth of attention in Americans schools. The rest of your post is partisan bull# not worth the time.

I'm white, they lady that gave me my home loan was black. Maybe if black people are worried white person wont give them a home loan they should find a black banker?

Either way I bet the outcome is the same. Your work history and credit score mean a lot when trying for a home loan. Your personality and way you present yourself should be professional when you apply. Save your slang street talk it wont help at the bank but rather hinders.

Yeah, of course red lining is because "slang street talk". Of course similar qualified blacks are denied home loans because "slang street talk". I mean, they are black, so they must use "slang street talk"

But I know, you're not racist though.

The poster said she would prefer not to, not that she wouldn't.
[quote]

I know exactly what that poster said and I now know you'll twist yourself into a pretzel to excuse blatant discrimination. Well, discrimination going in a certain direction You seem to take an issue with AA.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Serdgiam

One of the more insidious things I've noticed with this kind of training is if you dig into the groups who provide it, they crow all about how diverse and inclusive their staff and board is, but there is always one type of voice they lack, and the only way you see that voice is if it represents the sexual alphabet group in some way.

Hmm, but of course, this doesnt apply anywhere else amirite?

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So you fix your own wrong thoughts by assuming everyone else must have them too?

No Ketsuko. Everyone has to do their own introspection. That's why I didn't give you examples earlier. Because my experience isn't your experience.

When I was a little kid, my mother told me that we (America) were the BEST in the world, because we had the A-Bomb. God blessed America and gave it to us to kill the Japanese, and that all "slanty eyed people" were destined to hell and deserved to be bombed.

My father wouldn't let us watch anything on TV where Negroes had a sympathetic role. He didn't call them Negroes, he called them jungle bunnies and the "N" word. He would never swim in the same pool a Black person had been in when we vacationed, He though brown people were naturally dirty.

My Grandmother told me that "N" word people were only part human, mostly monkey. They carried diseases.

The fist time I met a Black person, for real, was my 2nd year of high school. She was the only one in the whole school!

Yeah. I had some issues to get over.

edit on 6-9-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

No, you seemed to have missed my point. Thus, you didn't understand at all what I said. Others, however, were smart enough to look at it from a business owner's rights perspective. If I can throw your ass out as customer for simply having no shoes, I can certainly choose to employ who I please as well. Same thing with Chick-Fil-A's strong desire to hire and retain married people, not babymamas, divorced folks, or gay folks. They definitely get away with this, I've known people canned for getting divorced themselves, it's not a myth. And while I don't agree with it on a personal level and thus take my money elsewhere, never giving it to CFA, it's still their right to structure themselves as they please.

Don't like it? Eat/shop/apply elsewhere. Your pissy attitude about freedom of choice in a business doesn't invalidate it's merit.
edit on 9/6/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

No, you didn't give me examples because you couldn't.

If you can't explain what systemic racism is to someone who doesn't believe it exists to any great degree, then you automatically fail.

I can't magically believe in something if I don't even know what it's supposed to be.

**EDIT**

Sooks, you must believe in the unicorn!

What's the unicorn.

Sooks, you must do your own introspection to figure that part out ...

edit on 6-9-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Stop supporting blatant terrorism.

I don't support it. I don't support the riots and the violence. Neither did MLK. But, ignore the protesters and their grievances, and expect riots to ensue.

I get that most of you don't like the focus of the curriculum is these racial sensitivity classes, but to just curtail them in the midst of the civil unrest we're seeing right now is like turn a dead ear to the peaceful protests and pouring gasoline on the proverbial flames.

I want to see all this civil disruption end, but I don't think Trump's tactics will help that happen.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
As a waitress who had worked in all kinds of restaurants in Hawaii, I can only remember working with one Black waitress, at a Denny in Kihei.

Did you feel bad about supporting racist organisations or were you happy to take your paycheck?

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I don't support it. I don't support the riots and the violence. Neither did MLK.

You guys are pretty much the same.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Like I said, in Hawaii, in the 1970's tourists liked white people to serve them food, and brown people working in the kitchen. I saw many capable people passed up for front of the house service jobs and put in housekeeping or the kitchen, because of the color of their skin. (As illegal as that is)

1970.......You can't be serious. 50 years ago ????

things have changed vastly in that time!! Phones were attached to terminals

De jure segregation was outlawed by the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Voting Rights
Act of 1965, and the Fair Housing Act of 1968.

If you want a successful business its policy to give the paying customer what

they want? regardless of your own views.......remember the bakery that had

to make the wedding cake for the gay couple?

The people who keep bringing up racism are the actual racists..... in the same

manner of inverted snobbery.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied
If I can throw your ass out as customer for simply having no shoes, I can certainly choose to employ who I please as well.

You most certainly can choose who you employee, however there are laws stating you cannot dismiss based on race, sex, religion etc.

You, as another person here appear to be saying "yeah # happens, ignore it"

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Racial sensitivity =

You all need to feel bad, and the rest of you are all evil racists because of it.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I don't support it. I don't support the riots and the violence. Neither did MLK. But, ignore the protesters and their grievances, and expect riots to ensue.

I get that most of you don't like the focus of the curriculum is these racial sensitivity classes, but to just curtail them in the midst of the civil unrest we're seeing right now is like turn a dead ear to the peaceful protests and pouring gasoline on the proverbial flames.

I want to see all this civil disruption end, but I don't think Trump's tactics will help that happen.

Yet, you support a philosophy thast states ALL white people are racists? I see, only the groups YOU sympathise with are woth your support. And, in that you take your own inherent deep seeded racism and willingly project that to ALL white people having that same racist inner voice.

That is such BS, it's not even laughable because it is tragic.

I pity you having to make yourself feel better by projecting your own racist mindset upon an entire group of people you both don't know nor can ever now.

I honestly hope you get psychological help, I mean that from the heart.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join