It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump orders purge of ‘critical race theory’ and 'white privilege' from federal agencies

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

They are racist because they want preferential treatment.

They are Marxist because it infringes on the rights of free expression by punishing thought, and because they want equal outcomes.

They literally want to abolish the 1st Amendment.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Couple different census data sites showed in 1970 and in 1980 caucasion was the largest ethnic group, followed by japanese.

If you have other data please share.

I didn task you about racisim I asked if I lived in Africa would I still have white privlige, kenya, libya, congo etc... not just the 1 country that had a huge european population.

What about China, Japan, Indonesia?

Or is this a uniquely American problem?

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
First of all; I know I'm not American and I know I don't often see eye to eye with many of the American's on this site, but......

From the outside looking in I tihnk Trump has been disastrous for America and is thoroughly unfit for Office.
That's not to say I think the alternative is any better, far from it.

But if Trump truly intends to do this and actually succeeds in doing so I will be the first one to praise him for it.

We in the UK are suffering from similar afflictions - I don't think symptoms are quite as advanced over here but we are catching up - and we need to take action urgently to stop its spread before its too late.

Secondly; I see people on here from both sides toss the usual arguments backwards and forewards over the fence in a never ending game of political ping pong.
Neither side will give an inch.
Something will eventually give.

White privilege?
Never heard of anything so #ing stupid!
I was raised on a council estate in North East England, it's as traditional British working class as you can find.
I've never had anything handed to me and never benefitted any more than anyone else in any shape or form. Everything I have I've got myself through my hard work and endeavour.
Reparations for slavery?
No #ing chance!
When slavery was on the go my ancestors were picking potatoes in a field in Ireland for some absentee Landowner.
They lived a subsistence level existence not much better than those poor slaves.
And the same sort of story applies to the vast majority of British people.

I can absolutely assure you that any Black/Asian Middle-Class British person - and there are quite a few - has a far, far better chance of becoming successful than ANY working class kid regardless of race, creed or sex!

And I suspect it's exactly the same across the pond.

I don't think anyone should be discriminated against but the only way to genuinely achieve that is through a meritocracy where every single person has an equal opportunity to achieve the very best they can.

Ineqaulity has far more to do with class and wealth than it has to with race and more so today than at any time previous.
I remember how bad things were in the 70's and 80's and I assure you, we've made massive strides forward.
Trying to redress any perceived injusitces by discriminating against other races/groups or demanding repatriations from people who have absolutely no connection with the slavery trade only increases divisions within our society and helps set back race relations decades.

And who benefits from all that.....certainly not some poor little council estate kid in North East England whether he be black, white, yellow or whatever!

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
You're gross.

PS

My friend is the mom. I am also a woman. I think you are very confused.
edit on 6-9-2020 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

By their reasoning, it certainly is.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Project much?

Project none.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Racial equality simply sees everyone as equal, regardless of appearance. It doesn't matter what race your friend's son is. He is an equal member of his family, regardless of the color of his skin or the geographical area his ancestors hail from.

In ^^^^that^^^^ case ...... How come you are always chuntering on about

*white privilege*

White privilege is a concocted sham as is the new *woke* unconscious bias,

replacing the current race card.......

What next?

edit on 6-9-2020 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

White people don't realize their privilege's until they see someone who is unable to comfortably shop at certain shops, are treated with less respect, or can't get a certain job because of the color of their skin.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Racial equality simply sees everyone as equal, regardless of appearance.

I agree, and yet you said the following just above:

No. All we're talking about is about personally recognizing one's "white privilege".

Is "white privilege" not based on the color of one's skin? You just claimed racial equality means ignoring skin color, but you base your opinion of people on their skin color... you actually seem to support treating people differently based on their skin color!

Are you so blind/hate-filled that you cannot see the contradiction in your own posts? You honestly cannot see the racism you are filled with?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

If you're wondering about racism in Africa, look no further than South Africa, Nelson Mandela and Apartheid.

Or you could look at Zimbabwe and Mugabe.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
People like this have such deep seeded race hate that they refuse to acknowledge it and prefer to project that upon others to make themselves feel good.

Shame really. I pity people like that since they live in a consistent state of self hate.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

a reply to: eletheia

White people don't realize their privilege's until they see someone who is unable to comfortably shop at certain shops, are treated with less respect, or can't get a certain job because of the color of their skin.

LOL every single shop I entered in the middle east, as long as my wallet was fat I was tolerated (outside of turkey before the current dictator).
Was i experiencing white privlege then?

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
You're gross.

PS

My friend is the mom. I am also a woman. I think you are very confused.

Should his dad? Is he the maker of microaggressions?

I was talking about the man you mentioned above. Is he not your friend too?

Of all the needy children that Madonna could have adopted, why did she choose a black child from Mali? It's my opinion she did it because she wanted an exotic assessory. Don't like my opinion of Madonna? That's fine.

edit on 6-9-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I have actually come to friend's aide when things like that happened. That's how you combat racism: stand up in the racists' faces and demand equal treatment for all. Sort of like I am doing to you.

No, scratch that... EXACTLY like I am doing to you.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

the sooner that is realized by everyone, the better off we'll all be.

That, in it's essence, was exactly what Martin Luther King was preaching during his life.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I'm sorry that I resorted to calling you gross, although I well think that about the idea you presented.

From everything you've written, my friend and her family would run into discrimination when meeting you. You're right in that's a sad problem and I'd agree it's not nearly the only one with society today.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

That, in it's essence, was exactly what Martin Luther King was preaching during his life.

“In the final analysis, a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it that America has failed to hear?”

— The King Center (@TheKingCenter) May 28, 2020

By refusing to acknowledge the systemic racism grievances the protesters are presenting for redress, and refusing to acknowledge their grievances to be valid, or even to exist is Trump's America "failing to hear".

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

From everything you've written, my friend and her family would run into discrimination when meeting you.

I would not discriminate. But I grew in a racist family, and I'll be the first to admit that I have had to confront and change my own wrong thoughts. I'm the first to admit that I've also benefited from white privilege's and systemic racism throughout my life, that I have taken for granted.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

White people don't realize their privilege's until they see someone who is unable to comfortably shop at certain shops,

I know plenty of white people who are short on confidence and feel uncomfortable

in some stores and restaurants, I tell them to get on with it their money is as good

as anyone's.

Confidence effects many people it is not confined to the colour of ones skin. You

are making assumptions on behalf of others.

Are treated with less respect

Really? or is that another assumption ......

can't get a certain job because of the color of their skin.

Really .......That is against the law here in the UK, I'm not sure about the

US but I would imagine it is the same in the US.

Were they the best qualified for the job? or did they think being a

minority they were entitled?

Just seems more of your assumptions on behalf of others!

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Edit: Weirdest quote glitches lately. I will be back with the proper one.
Second edit: Here we go, proper quote for context.

a reply to: seagull

“In the final analysis, a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it that America has failed to hear?”

— The King Center (@TheKingCenter) May 28, 2020

By refusing to acknowledge the systemic racism grievances the protesters are presenting for redress, and refusing to acknowledge their grievances to be valid, or even to exist is Trump's America "failing to hear".

Months on end of riots is no voice of the deserving. Resorting to terrorism to be "heard" earns you NOTHING other than ranking alongside OBL for being a complete and utter POS hellbent of using fear, intimidation and destruction to get what you want under all circumstances. It is a method of only the most vile and repugnant of this planet.

Stop supporting blatant terrorism. Otherwise, I'm liable to agree one's only place on earth is next to OBL. At the bottom of the ocean.
edit on 9/6/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/6/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join