It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump orders purge of ‘critical race theory’ and 'white privilege' from federal agencies

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Do you know what critical race theory is and the push to implement it?

You mean the push to educate white Americans to understand how they have benefited from systematic racism, even though they themselves never owned slaves? Yep.

So we as white people Sookie in the modern day should suffer for the crimes of our ancestors ?

Even though me personally and many others who's families did not technically migrate to the USA until the early 1900's after the abolishment of Slavery , meaning my family didn't even live in the America during Slavery but yet I should still pay for it.... simply because my skin is white ?

Your fam and mine alike, and same time period. Not sure why the ever-loving hell I'm supposed to grovel for # my family wasn't even here for -- they came decades later.

Mixed folks appear to be even more #ed over on this one. It's effectively telling them to be ashamed of half of themselves because you said so, while you play up and prey on the rest of their "approved" background. What a warped, screwed up mentality that is. I can't even feel sorry for people who think like that, it's willful and malicious stupidity all around. Nobody should apologize for, nor be ashamed of, their origins. People who try to drill that into people, especially into kids' heads, because they're a useless taint boil with nothing better going for them in life deserve drawn and quartered for stooping to it in the first place.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

So we as white people Sookie in the modern day should suffer for the crimes of our ancestors ?

No. All we're talking about is about personally recognizing one's "white privilege".

White privilege means that as a white person, you are the norm. You are the standard against which everything and everyone else is measured. Your kind of hair is normal hair; the way you speak is the normal way to speak; your skin is "flesh-colored." Your clothing style is the correct style. Your values are the normal values.

White privilege (or white skin privilege) is the societal privilege that benefits white people over non-white people, particularly if they are otherwise under the same social, political, or economic circumstances.

White privilege is a set of advantages and/or immunities that white people benefit from on a daily basis beyond those common to all others. White privilege can exist without white people's conscious knowledge of its presence and it helps to maintain the racial hierarchy in this country.

Sources[editby ]edit on 6-9-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

I am with you... one side of my family came over during the potato famine, the other during WW1 cause my great grand dad didnt want to fight in the western front for germany.

But your skin color makes you guilty... Mmm where have we heard that kind of talk before....

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

so Question, if I am in the middle east, or Africa, or the Far east do I still get white privlige being in an area where white people are not the majority?

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

But your skin color makes you guilty... Mmm where have we heard that kind of talk before....

Um... from racists?

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

so Question, if I am in the middle east, or Africa, or the Far east do I still get white privlige being in an area where white people are not the majority?

I expect either crickets, a very lame excuse, or both on this one.

Probably both. Race baiters have no shame, or common sense.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

What race is my friend's son-- you never did answer that question and it's because it exemplfies certain essential flaws in critical race theory.

Racial equality simply sees everyone as equal, regardless of appearance. It doesn't matter what race your friend's son is. He is an equal member of his family, regardless of the color of his skin or the geographical area his ancestors hail from.

Unfortunately, your friends adopted daughter will be treated differently than her siblings and cousins, in certain social situations, while being treated as an equal in her home.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I was made aware of my white privilege when I moved to Hawaii in the 1970's.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Racial equality seems to be but one aspect of critical race theory which is contradicted by other, more overarching ideas.

I like that concept though and have lived my life under that premise and hope to teach my kids the same.
edit on 6-9-2020 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

So no answer ok, thats fine.

Kind of an answer in and of itself.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Whens the last time you kissed a black person?

You know the answer is never.

Good thing you are the white savior to come and rescue everyone.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Ey Sookie,

Malcolm X had yall figured out in 1965.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

That is an answer. In the 1970s in Hawaii white people were the minority. But they got the best jobs. There was a lot of racism in Hawaii during that time.

Tourists wanted white people to serve them their breakfast and tell them where to hike etc.. Brown people cleaned their rooms, worked in kitchens and cane fields. Hawaiians were expected to sing and dance, pound drums and juggle fire, and maybe teach your son to surf.

They had a holiday called "Kill Haole Day", where the locals would go out of their way to hurt white people. I still have a scar on my knee from an episode.

If you're wondering about racism in Africa, look no further than South Africa, Nelson Mandela and Apartheid.

edit on 6-9-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Aww you are one of those howlies?

haaaaa

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   

is your knee okay?

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   

It doesn't matter what race your friend's son is. He is an equal member of his family, regardless of the color of his skin or the geographical area his ancestors hail from.

This doesn't mesh well with your posts about white privilege etc. So should my friend's son have to reflect on and spend time studying about his white privilege? Should his dad? Is he the maker of microaggressions?

White privilege: Discussed by Lipsitz, Lee, Harris, McIntosh, and other CRT scholars, white privilege refers to the various social, political, and economic advantages white individuals experience in contrast to non-white citizens based on their racial membership. These advantages can include both obvious and subtle differences in access to power, social status, experiences of prejudice, educational opportunities, and much more. For CRT scholars, the notion of white privilege offers a way to discuss dominant culture’s tendency to normalize white individuals’ experiences and ignore the experiences of non-whites. Fields such as CRT and whiteness studies have focused explicitly on the concept of white privilege to understand how racism influences white people.
Microaggressions: Microaggressions refer to the seemingly minute, often unconscious, quotidian instances of prejudice that collectively contribute to racism and the subordination of racialized individuals by dominant culture. Peggy Davis discusses how legal discourse participates in and can counteract the effects of microaggressions.
owl.purdue.edu... _theory.html
edit on 6-9-2020 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Discriminating based on color, sex, sexual preference, is illegal.

As it should be.

Demanding apologies, mandating apologies based on color, sex, sexual preference, is racist also and should be illegal.

Critical Race Theory is racist, Marxist.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   

This doesn't mesh well with your posts about white priviledge etc. So should my friend's son have to reflect on and spend time studying about his white privilege? Should his dad? Is he the maker of microaggressions?

I'm sure it will become apparent to them when they see the disparaging treatment their sister/daughter is sure to experience, and every time someone appears uncomfortable or awkwardly surprised to find out they're all related.

Should his dad? Is he the maker of microaggressions?

I'm sure that your friend is fine man. But there are people who like to collect exotic things/people/animals. Madonna comes to my mind. I would classify that kind of behavior as microaggression. You may disagree.

edit on 6-9-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Oh no.

You see, the Democrats are "repealing" equal opportunity and affirmative action amendments so that they CAN legally discriminate against whoever their target is.

No kidding.

California Proposition 16, Repeal Proposition 209 Affirmative Action Amendment (2020)

ballotpedia.org...(2020)

A "yes" vote supports this constitutional amendment to repeal Proposition 209 (1996), which stated that the government and public institutions cannot discriminate against or grant preferential treatment to persons on the basis of race, sex, color, ethnicity, or national origin in public employment, public education, and public contracting.

A "no" vote opposes this constitutional amendment, thereby keeping Proposition 209 (1996), which stated that the government and public institutions cannot discriminate against or grant preferential treatment to persons on the basis of race, sex, color, ethnicity, or national origin in public employment, public education, and public contracting.

Democrats in Sacramento try again to repeal Prop. 209.

www.manhattan-institute.org...

In 2014 Democrats in Sacramento moved to overturn Proposition 209, but the effort was blocked by Asian-American Democrats and activists who balked at returning to a process where their children could legally be discriminated against for having the nerve to excel in school.

Now progressive lawmakers are at it again. A bill that would put a repeal of Proposition 209 on the ballot in the fall was introduced in March and is working its way through the committee process. Given that the state’s governor, Gavin Newsom, is a liberal Democrat whose party holds supermajorities in both the state Assembly and Senate, passage isn’t out of the question.

Voters would then decide Proposition 209’s fate via a ballot measure in November.
edit on 6-9-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join