It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump hate has now turned hippies into pro-war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   
OMG, I love-love mr some Trump hate

trump hate has turned anti-war hippies into war supporters.

The hippie movement was about The Vietnam War being stupid, and people shouldn’t go. It was a waste of human life. Protest, matches, summer of love and all of that.

Now all the same hippies are like, Four anonymous source Say trunp thought the Vietnam war was stupid, and the hippies are like, how dare those anonymous sources say Trump agrees with What I said I believed for the past 40-50 years.

When you hear the debate Of, do party switch ideas. Here is an example of that. Anti war people are mad that four Anonymous sources said Trump was anti war.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Those very anti war hippies are now on social security and Medicare. The haters of the establishment are now chapping their lips on the Government tit. My oh my how things change.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

I know tons of hippies.

The real kind from the 60's and 70's and the what to be kind from the 80's and 90's.

none of them are pro war.

Now all the same hippies are like

You mean some that you know. Or some that you read about which could be fake news.

Any links or is this just anecdotal?

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Only in the fevered brain of a Donald Trump sycophant. You guys twist and turn every single thing to wave around as a “gotcha!” moment in the face of the left.

Never realizing how utterly stupid that breakdown in brain function makes you look.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Only in the fevered brain of a Donald Trump sycophant. You guys twist and turn every single thing to wave around as a “gotcha!” moment in the face of the left.

Never realizing how utterly stupid that breakdown in brain function makes you look.

Reciprocated!

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

Thanks for proving my point. Discussing things with you guys is like clubbing a fish.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Thanks for proving my point. Discussing things with you guys is like clubbing a fish.

Reciprocated!

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

You're still here?

I would have sworn you left to go defend our Kurdish allies in Syria because it was more important than leaving a sovereign nation Obama invaded.

You stayed home and didn't go to war? I thought war was good when Drumph was against it?

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I know tons of hippies.

The real kind from the 60's and 70's and the what to be kind from the 80's and 90's.

none of them are pro war.

Now all the same hippies are like

You mean some that you know. Or some that you read about which could be fake news.

Any links or is this just anecdotal?

Ya'll should have a drum circle and sing a few songs, then thank Trump for keeping us out of needless wars. You are aware that he is keeping us out of wars right?

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Do you ever look in the mirror?

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   
stay focused...on track

If I pick you up....will you dragg me downn...if I call to you , will you turn around....rise and fall, turn the wheel....all life really is, is just a circle.....

op made a good point about times that seem to be just a circle.....but getting bent

us hippies changed the world for those that follow....

and we like watchin how mistakes....or the side that makes the most mistakes loses in this world , huh...

we learned from the Vietnam era that Jesus has this fight,,,He wants you all to know we will skirmish here in the physical.....yes....but it is His battle and He laughs.......at the opposition in the heavenly high places and loves the Council of the North....in Genesis
edit on 5-9-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   

The problem as I see it is that Democrats/Liberals are having big problem of late, but also for a while to a lesser degree, living up to their own ideals. They leave themselves open for a "gotcha" more often then they know and certainly more than they would like I'm sure.

Republicans/conservatives have this problem too. But their hypocrisy is in regards to different issues and different ideals. And their opinions also likes to reminded them of this hypocrisy every chance they get.

Its the one common thread that runs through political discourse these days.

For me personally I find that I dislike Democrat hypocrisy more than I dislike Republican hypocrisy because I hold more liberal ideals at a higher level of importantance than I do conservative ideals; so Democrat hypocrisy tends to bother me more.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Excellent ATS anecdote. Very on brand. I'm sure this is a very real story and this observation is proven by tons of stats and applies to every single "hippie" that exists en masse, both now and historically.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
OMG, I love-love mr some Trump hate

trump hate has turned anti-war hippies into war supporters.

The hippie movement was about The Vietnam War being stupid, and people shouldn’t go. It was a waste of human life. Protest, matches, summer of love and all of that.

Now all the same hippies are like, Four anonymous source Say trunp thought the Vietnam war was stupid, and the hippies are like, how dare those anonymous sources say Trump agrees with What I said I believed for the past 40-50 years.

When you hear the debate Of, do party switch ideas. Here is an example of that. Anti war people are mad that four Anonymous sources said Trump was anti war.

No, the sources didn't say Trump was anti-war; they said he was anti-warrior. That's why many warriors and people who respect and support the warriors are pissed off--even if they didn't support a particular war like Vietnam.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Are we to suppose that a person, any person should, hold the same views over a span of fifty years? In our understanding is it to be held that a person must not change, develop or mature over that span of time? I say no, this is unrealistic and even rather immature a perspective.

Holding with perspectives being to a fair degree a product of the environment itself, as that environment changes so to it is fairly clear that any humans perspective changes as well.

And all of that not withstanding, the whole notion that there was a unified stance either for or against the Vietnam Conflict at that time is simplistic. The struggle of American people for and against that conflict morphed over time while it raged.

The stereotype of a hippie being against war because they were against that conflict also is simplistic. It was that conflict specifically that people protested over. Among those who protested against American involvement in that conflict there was considered discussion on just where the line could be drawn between a poor use of American power and what was considered a ''just war'', the Vietnam Conflict falling way short of being defined as a ''just war''

And even all that aside, what is this notion of hippies anyway other than a simplistic stereotype held by some people who have no real idea of what or if there really ever was a hippie.

In 67 I think it was, prior to the ''Summer of Love'' as popular culture has come to call it, the people who lived in the Haight Asbury district of San Francisco, adjacent to Golden State Park held a funeral parade and street party. They could see that the media attention that was calling out to all the disaffected youth of the nation was going to draw them to not only California but most specifically to that district of the Haight.

So they held a funeral for ''Hippie'' because the indigenous nature of those who lived there at that time knew that their way of life built on the environment of that region was about to change dramatically. Many of the people who had lived there for years moved away before the pilgrimages of youth overly saturated the area and what had been a natural subculture became a populist media driven escapade.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   

ugh, this level of retard makes my head spin

what a messed up reality you must live in

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

And what wars would that be?

Can you prove that we would be at war with someone new if trump were not potus?

If
maybe. could have been.

We don't know what would have happened. And there is no way to prove what might have happened.

new topics

top topics

join