It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fearless: God wants you to have no fear

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I don't think this is about going jumping out of an airplane with a parachute or riding a BMX on a steep mountain hill.

God wants you to have faith being a rock others can build on, a person in which truly no fear can be found.

How many people aren't suffering anxiety confessing their fear in everything they say and do?

Society needs fearless people as an example, as proof of God.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Free will.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   
outstanding reminder there..

thanks....

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I works in the opposite way also;

When there are no more fears found within you, you have found God.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance
Specifically, we should have no fear of those who want to turn us away from him by force;
"Do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul"- Matthew ch10 v28

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Do not cluth to the false idea of God Satan wants you to believe in.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I always thought god was more into offspring.

The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 05:05 AM
link   

This world is all about fear...

Be not of this world

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

God is the source of love which is not of this demonic scape.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 05:19 AM
link   

funny that those that call this world "demonic" are of it...

Christians eh...

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Your point being? Are you claiming to be holy?

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: CopeLongCut
Free will.

The belief in free will is the belief that you are separate from God.

What does it say in the Bible about being 'blameless'?

Carrying guilt and being prideful makes one hate....and hate fills the being with anxiety and fear.

edit on 5-9-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I'm not believer or anything but the other day I was thinking about this verse:

26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 Which of you by worrying can add one [a]cubit to his stature?
- Matthew 6:26-27

Tbh now that I'm reading it, it's screaming speciesism. Lol! God is a speciest, that bastard!

But yeah, anxiety and worry has been a recurring topic lately. Maybe there are things that we could do to help prevent horrible negative futures but beyond that, it's really out of our control.

Radical acceptance man, even if it means radically accepting the toxic and unsafe environment that you are currently trapped in and radically accepting every bad thing that can possibly happen.

But also it's crucial that we, in our radical acceptance, also know that we can face whatever comes. Saying, "Ok this bad thing could happen but you know what? I'll deal with it when/if that day comes and I'll survive it."

And also it's crucial to be prepared for the day when the opportunity arises to break free or make a change for the better. Some people have the radical acceptance only and when the day comes to make a change, they don't have the courage to do it... like in The Plague Dogs, written by Richard Adams- when certain prisoners chose to stay trapped in the facility instead of escaping when faced with the opportunity.

I personally don't think you need God for these things, but, it's a nice verse and it's stayed with me throughout all these years.

Cheers!

edit on 5-9-2020 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Fear, an old friend of mine. Is the sky falling or am I growing? lol

I think fear is part of life. At it's best, it alerts someone to immediate dangers in their environment. On the other hand, I suspect it's drawbacks may be at the root of most of the negativity in the world around us.

Scary as it may be, it's worthwhile wrestling one's fears. Given time, the understanding that comes from that helps to build character.

One of my biggest fears growing up, was that my best wasn't good enough. This made me feel torn between heart and mind, duality can be a bitch.

My Oma and Opa would try to reassure me, "Smooth seas, never made for skillful sailors". They lived and saw horrors that nobody should go through. They came out the other side. They were reluctant to discuss the war, though did their best to point me in the right direction with what it taught them.

Those I look up to, helped heal me. They weren't necessarily fearless, rather they appear to share a more healthy relationship with it. Integrity, is one of the first words that come to mind when I think about how I feel about them. Priceless, the lesson their example taught me.

The better you practice getting to know yourself, gradually easier it becomes to grow past fear.

Imo, spiritual growth encourages one to let go of fear, by facing the images we hold and seeing them for what they are. Reminds me of playing with a kaleidoscope.

Fear often functions as a limiting factor. For example, If someone feels afraid of heights, they may look at a tree and never try to climb it. They may believe they can't, but do they know? No, they don't unless they try. Ego plays on fear, hijacking potential in the process. It weighs people down.

Thing is, unless someone tries, they never know what could be possible. Individuals can grow beyond their wildest dreams, and life can be a true adventure.

I remember working at BC Place. I was on the ground crew building the stadium walls before the raising gang placed them. I would look up and admire my brothers, grateful to do my part on the ground. I did that for a while, looking up occasionally and seeing what was going on.

One day, while I was looking up there. My Foreman approached me, "Nach, make sure you bring your diapers next week!"

"What?"

"You are going to torque bolts up there!"

A part of me felt uneasy, I never pictured myself working up there. I liked climbing trees as a kid, but never really went above 40ft. I felt scared, but excited too, I knew I just had to practice listening to my partner and following our safety training.

I was green, they teamed me up with a wonderful partner. Took a couple of weeks to get more used to it, the scenery and experience was a rush!

Idk, it's learning to focus on working underlying principles in various environments as opposed to getting hypnotized by what's going on around you.

The integrity that I recognized in these hero's of mine, adds a kind of conviction to everything they do. It's like the light that they are tapping into, brings everything together for them. In essence, learning to practice putting your best foot forward, allows one the opportunity to live life with no regrets. The confidence that comes with that, provides the freedom to explore more.

I just wish people would realize that anything's possible if you try; dreams are made possible if you try.-Terry Fox

It is the difference between weather and climate!

edit on 5-9-2020 by dffrntkndfnml because: spacing, grammar

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I fear your lords sense of humor more so then his wrath, since no sane mortal would be laughing.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Society needs fearless people as an example, as proof of God.

Fearless atheists prove God.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

Tbh now that I'm reading it, it's screaming speciesism. Lol! God is a speciest, that bastard!

Yes, the God who wrote that verse is definitely a specie-ist.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance
I works in the opposite way also;

When there are no more fears found within you, you have found God.

I like your second quote better as negation removes rather than add's to our minds beliefs. It has been something I have struggled with. But read that fear is of mind. If one exists outside of mind. One doesn't have to deal with the fragilities of mind. One can merely observe tather than be party to those fears.

Saying that, when the eye of God looked at me, I was out of there faster than usain bolt, (think I heard God whisper 'what an idiot') when I left the room.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

While I was in the reading alcove I finally got to chapter 13.

Tao Te Ching, Chapter 13, translated by Stefan Stenudd

Praise and disgrace cause fear.
Honor and great distress are like the body.

What does it mean that praise and disgrace cause fear?
Praise leads to weakness.
Getting it causes fear, losing it causes fear.
This is why praise and disgrace cause fear.

What does it mean that honor and great distress are like the body?
The reason for great distress is the body.
Without it, what distress could there be?

Therefore:
He who treasures his body as much as the world
can care for the world.
He who loves his body as much as the world
can be entrusted with the world.

I haven't read the commentary yet because I like to think about what is written first.

Praise and disgrace are not the same as Honor and great distress. The first set have to do with our perception of how others view us. The second set has to do with real living.

When it comes to honor and great distress, the honor part is left alone really and the focus is on great distress. Because that is how we live in body related to the world.

The great distresses of ourselves are actually part and parcel of the great distresses of the world, and therefore the therefore concluding the chapter becomes rather self explanatory.

Saying that, when the eye of God looked at me, I was out of there faster than usain bolt, (think I heard God whisper 'what an idiot') when I left the room.

Maybe try it again. Or maybe not.
I'm writing a piece about demon summoning since the OP seems so exercised about demons. There are tentative conclusions which I may state at the end of the piece, if I actually finish writing it.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Just come down from the roof. With all that talk of conquering fear, I thought I might tackle my fear at a lower altitrude, The leaves in the gutter are now in hell, God save their smelly souls. I really felt closer to God up there!

Thank goodness you translated it for me. I'd be lost otherwise. I was reading more of the 'The Power of Now' last night. And It was on a similar topic, that disease in the body is just a reflection of mind etc. That feeling the energy fields within the body. Focusing ones I AM on them, Allows one to heal the body and mind. Or something along those lines. I kinda speed read pages that dont adhear to my belief system - strange that.

Do you find the book enlightening?

"Maybe try it again. Or maybe not."
Yes think will

" writing a piece about demon summoning "

I think you should post it. Was reading a website that told stories of Christian saints. Many of the saints went what I would call hell. It was like they were possesed by demons. I can only surmise those demons were of mind. That had to be excorcised before moving on. After reading that site. I thought it best to leave my demons alone. Hidden away in my subconcious.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join