It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking Bill Is Not So Shocking After All

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I posted this to another thread but I thought it to be good advice here.
BREAKING: California passed legislation to remove penalties for having sex with children
www.abovetopsecret.com...

That shocking bill is not quite as shocking as what you assert if the bill is read rather than taking for granted what someone posts one paragraph out of context to be all there is.

Don't be gullible.

leginfo.legislature.ca.gov...

(2) Notwithstanding paragraph (1), a person convicted of a violation of subdivision (b) of Section 286, subdivision (b) of Section 287, or subdivision (h) or (i) of Section 289 shall not be required to register if, at the time of the offense, the person is not more than 10 years older than the minor, as measured from the minor’s date of birth to the person’s date of birth, and the conviction is the only one requiring the person to register. This paragraph does not preclude the court from requiring a person to register pursuant to Section 290.006.

edit on 4-9-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

Oops, someone accidentally deleted only the last sentence from that entire paragraph.

Please people, keep a little perspective of where you are here. Film at Noon. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Simple question.

Does it allow people above the age of 18 to engage in sexual congress with people under the age of 18?

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I could read the actual bill, but then again a guy I went to high school with said on Facebook that the Democrats are satanist vampires and are trying to make pedophillia legal.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
I suspect this bill injects a smidgen of discretion allowed to the judge in some circumstances.
Does this mean I can't have sex with a 58 year old woman?

DB? You know what is funny here? This nation has passed so many laws I am probably breaking a few right now while, at the same time, we are fast becoming a lawless society.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Simple question.

Does it allow people above the age of 18 to engage in sexual congress with people under the age of 18?

oops...he didn't ask me. He asked CharlesT.

Nevermind.
edit on 9/4/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

WELL TELL HIM, DUDE.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   
They can still register to mail vote too right? 🤓

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Does this bill allow people under the age of 18 to have consentiual sexual congress?

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Here's a more specific example since it seems the OP can't quite grasp the esoteric nature of your question.

OP, does this bill allow a 26yr old man the ability to have sex with a 16 yr old girl?

Bonus question:
Does this bill require a 26yr old man that is caught having sex with a 16yr old girl register as a sex offender if this was his first and only offense?

ETA (Super Bonus Question)
How can you know that 26yr old man living across the street from your family has been caught having sex with a 16yr old girl, (which is your daughters age)?

edit on 9/4/2020 by Krakatoa because: fixed spelling errors

edit on 9/4/2020 by Krakatoa because: added additional thoughts

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Only eligible if you have a valid birth and/or death certificate.

originally posted by: xuenchen
They can still register to mail vote too right? 🤓

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   
sexual congresssexual congress

Does this bill allow people under the age of 18 to have consentiualsexual congress?

"sexual congress"
You must be a lawyer?

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Does this bill allow people under the age of 18 to have consentiual sexual congress?

No. This Bill addresses which convicted sex offenders need to be listed as predators in a national sex offenders registry.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

So no sex for anyone below the age of 18

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Whatever the State's age of consent is...

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   

So yes.

Adults can now have consentual sex with people under the age of 18.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Get a lot of people whose lives are ruined because they end up on the registry when they slept with a 17 year old while 18.

Seems a decent enough change really.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   

So yes.

They can if their State's age of consent is 17, or 16. www.ageofconsent.net...

But this Bill addresses the fate of convicted criminals. It doesn't exonerate or make their behavior legal.

edit on 4-9-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Then, if equality is really the issue, the law then should have been changed the OTHER way, making it mandatory regardless of orientation or gender of the victim or perpetrator.

As it is, it opens the door to someone eventually challenging it, and likely winning, based on age discrimination, and this is not a mistake but a feature, on PURPOSE, opening the door to pedophilia.

If the age limit is 24, and a perp just turned 25 on the day of his offence, you don't think this will eventually be challenged in court as "unequal treatment under the law/age discrimination" ?

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

So yes.

They can if their State's age of consent is 17, or 16. www.ageofconsent.net...

But this Bill addresses the fate of convicted criminals. It doesn't exonerate or make their behavior legal.

So. yes.

People over the age of 18 can now legally have sex with people under the age of 18.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

I could read the actual bill, but then again a guy I went to high school with said on Facebook that the Democrats are satanist vampires and are trying to make pedophillia legal.

Actually, the LGBT community once they were firmly ensconced as a Protected Class by the Democratic party are working REALLY hard to do exactly that.

Pedophilia will become the new normal under them.

LGBTQP.

I'm sure you are quite OK with that...

Which is the reason I left that community, which I was once a loud and proud member of.

Bestiality is also on that list... to catch up with some European countries where it is legal to have sex with your animals as long as they are over 60 pounds.

They also floated the idea of necrophilia being added to the list...

I am a hedonist and have sex a lot of ways.

BUT.... Safe, Sane, Consensual should be the guidelines there.

Which does not include children, animals and dead people.

Just sayin...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join