It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unreal delays for Driver License or Passports in the US

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   
In TX. No problems here but I also planned ahead before both expired as someone pointed out. The problem is not them.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I do not believe in a license to do anything.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

Try getting a Firearms Owner ID in Illinois. My brother and I and both of our wives sent our applications in around mid-March.

We have access to more firearms and ammo than we'd probably put to use in 5 years of post-apocalyptic Mad Max/Walking Dead combo world, but at the start of the "shut-down", decided to stop procrastinating in being able to legally keep them at arm's length.

~45 days later, just 15 days longer than the legal limit (not bad considering the "shut-down"), both wives, whose applications were sent in a few days after my brother and I sent ours (I think my wife and I preceeded my bro & sister-in-law by about a week), received their FOID cards. Good enough to legally own and store guns in the household - but not good enough for me to carry on my person in public.

Nearly 6 months later, both my application and my brother's application are still "Pending." No questions from the authorities, no updates, no reasons. Nothing in either of our histories which would preclude us from approval. Its a small sample size, but we wonder if they're purposefully not approving male applicants.

6 months...if I need to defend myself, my family, or anyone else with deadly force and am unable to because of purposeful delays in granting access to my Constitutional right to bear arms, I will hold those responsible...responsible. I only wish I had the time to burn filing a lawsuit against the state for this unreasonable delay.

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence
a reply to: schuyler

I didn't say it was all their fault. That is an unfair assessment. I just put light on a problem lets be honest.

OK. Let's be honest. The fact that you failed to renew your passport is the root of your problem. So big deal. You screwed up. Its not worth a post.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join