It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: California passed legislation to remove penalties for having sex with children

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
10 year age gap. Why is that age group hanging around high schoolers?

Isn't high school like 14-18 year old? So, 24 would be the max, again, why are they there with 14 year old? Can't be because they are so enlightening to be around.

Does it say high school only? How does that stop a 18 year old or 19 from going to middle school?

If this was suppose to be special treatment for gays, why wasn't it written better?

This sounds like grooming to me.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Just in time for the "Cuties" Netflix premiere too.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Nivhk
We are supposed to be upset about the inappropriate movie poster, not the movie itself, remember?

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

So California, the state with the most offenders, passes a law to protect them.

It's been debunked but you don't care about that do you? Just keep pushing the lies. CA has the highest population in the country so you'd expect them to... but as usual, you'd be wrong. If you are able to understand the concept of 'per 100,000 population here are the ACTUAL facts:

#1 Oregon 688 per 100,000
#2 Arkansas 536
#3 Delaware 491
#4 Michigan 440
#5 Wisconsin 435
#6 South Dakota 425

CA doesn't even make the top 10.

You guys just can't help pushing debunked lies and making stuff up can you? Hey, if you can't win fair.. cheat, right?

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Good, now practice equality across the board..
in prison, remove them from protective custody to general population.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain
Oh no. My complete bad. I thought it was about the 650 "actors" interviewed for lead role.

Shame me!

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   
how about you READ the post above yours to UNDERSTAND what the law means,,,,,,you and others are DELIBERATELY twisting it into something else.........so TYPICAL

a reply to: Anon283799

The swamp is being drained as the government closes in on more and more perverts, pedophiles and molesters.

Probably the state legislature has quite a few affected criminals in its ranks.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Between 2000 and 2015, over 200,000 minors were legally married in the United States around six children per thousand.

The vast majority of child marriages in the U.S. were between a minor girl and an adult man.

Most minors married were girls and in most cases.

Rather a few married when they are under the age of sexual consent, sixteen to eighteen for most states.

And the kicker, In some states minors cannot legally seek a divorce, making leaving the spouse, or there ability to enter into a shelter to escape abuse almost an impossibility.

So shocking but hardly indicative of just California.

That crap runs deep and is a culturally acceptable practice is some places.
edit on 4-9-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Nivhk
No, that's just business as usual, carry on, you are overthinking this. Don't mention the parents either. It's really something you need to forget about.

Instead, praise the "art".

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

The numbers you posted are kind pointless though.
Too many variables to use the figures as an accurate assessment of an areas safety.
Population, demographic area, volume of policing/reporting/community participation etc...
Bad areas will be significantly under reported.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Wow....that's just. It literally says if the only thing a person has done is rape someone under ten, they don't need to register as a sex offender.

What that needs is an extra paragraph...

"Because, those persons are subject to immediate arrest and execution."

But it doesn't....

Well if you have children and you live in California, your neighbour could soon be an unregistered pedophile.
edit on 4/9/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I don't understand the downgrade vs. upgrade.
Just make the other one bad too.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

It's been debunked but you don't care about that do you? Just keep pushing the lies. CA has the highest population in the country so you'd expect them to... but as usual, you'd be wrong. If you are able to understand the concept of 'per 100,000 population here are the ACTUAL facts:

You guys just can't help pushing debunked lies and making stuff up can you? Hey, if you can't win fair.. cheat, right?

No, he stated the MOST sex offenders, not the most per 100k. He is right, so are you, just in different stats. "You guys" jump the gun so often and knee-jerk so well we'll never be able to be as good as you at that.

Here are the top ten stats by state by actual count:

Number of Sex Offenders By State
Rank State Number of sex offenders
1 California 106,216
2 Florida 69,654
3 Texas 66,587
4 Michigan 47,329
5 New York 32,257
6 Oregon 23,598
7 Wisconsin 21,871
8 Illinois 21,297
9 Washington 20,758
10 Georgia 19,724

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

da fuuuuuu....

Where are all the reasonable people at?!?!? Christ!

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
a reply to: jtma508

The numbers you posted are kind pointless though.
Too many variables to use the figures as an accurate assessment of an areas safety.
Population, demographic area, volume of policing/reporting/community participation etc...
Bad areas will be significantly under reported.

They're REGISTERED sex offenders. You're just making stuff up. A poster made a statement of fact that was wrong. Period.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

I actually thought you were doing what you are calling those other two out for but i took a second and evaluated. Checks out, I agree with ya.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: jtma508

No, he stated the MOST sex offenders, not the most per 100k. He is right, so are you, just in different stats. "You guys" jump the gun so often and knee-jerk so well we'll never be able to be as good as you at that.

Here are the top ten stats by state by actual count:

Number of Sex Offenders By State
Rank State Number of sex offenders
1 California 106,216
2 Florida 69,654
3 Texas 66,587
4 Michigan 47,329
5 New York 32,257
6 Oregon 23,598
7 Wisconsin 21,871
8 Illinois 21,297
9 Washington 20,758
10 Georgia 19,724

And as I said CA has the highest population so of course they have the most. That's a meaningless number. It is the prevalence that matters. Based on its population CA would have about 272/100,000 people. You aren't very good with numbers are you?

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

I expect many are confused as well. I do not think them at all mutually exclusive.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
... and countless other things to think about, I won't settle on just a word or two, point being it's the same as if I, white German woman, would pretend to know how a black African women feels about just anything, just to score a point in a discussion.

That's just in line with the LGBQsomethingsomething-rainbow association that acts like it is some official elected entity to speak on behalf of everyone they see under their umbrella.

Just no. I understand where you are coming from and I value your tolerance a lot, though.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I guess if the Majority of the state falls into that catagory of doing the crime, then society dictates that there has not been a crime committed. Lets just toss out any progress we have made in protecting the children. I guess this is related to the saying that everything causes cancer in California, I guess they ban laws that protect kids because they cause cancer.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join