It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: California passed legislation to remove penalties for having sex with children

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Hey ATS!

Have you seen this shocking bill?

It changes the way registering as a sex offender works when minors are involved.

Let's take a closer look:

This can't be allowed to be signed into law!

Help protect our children if you live in the US:

Will we see similar legislation now that elite pedos are getting exposed?

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Anon283799

DEFUND California .

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

And it just so happens that Pedowood-Hollywood is in CA with plenty of resources to help disgusting legislation like this get passed. UNREAL

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
well when my wife toll me about dis......yesterday, I didn't really.......

now I'm all about gadangg....
edit on 4-9-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Didn’t they want to become their own country a couple years back?

Let them. Then bomb the sh!t out of them.

ETA - obviously joking. No thought police for me.
edit on 4-9-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Cultural Marxism 10 steps closer to success 😃

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

It's not that straight forward. Your OP is a Qanon conspiracy.

Debunked

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Fake news, try again. Boy, the ATS Russian Troll farm is ACTIVE today!

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
You are misrepresenting what the law intends.

Under the current statute, persons convicted of certain offenses involving sex with someone under the age of 18 years old, must register as a sex offender...

Even if the sex was consensual.

Unless the sex act involved was heterosexual vaginal intercourse, in which case the judge could waive the requirement.

This meant that a gay couple, where one of the participants was, 17 and the other 19, could result in the 19 year old being required to register for life as a “sex offender”;

While the 19 year old in the straight relationship would not be required to register.

By omitting these facts, you expose a quite poisonous agenda.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

I think there are some parts of this bill that is needed. The black and white of the sex offender register has really ruined a lot of lives. Also, I have to put this as a disclaimer that I am not supporting less harsh sentences for rapists and child molesters- because some will twist this post into that.

Plus, the word "pedophile" gets thrown around so much that most people don't even know what the word means! Pedophilia is attraction to prepubescent children-not teens.

Also, it is a lopsided law. Gay offenders face a harsher penalty than straight offenders. WTF? Why? If a 23 year old male has consensual sex with a 16 year old male, the 23 year old will face a harsher sentence than if he were having consensual sex with a 16 old female.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

The swamp is being drained as the government closes in on more and more perverts, pedophiles and molesters.

So California, the state with the most offenders, passes a law to protect them.

Probably the state legislature has quite a few affected criminals in its ranks.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

So instead of raising the bar, we lower it for everyone? Is that right?

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

Also, it is a lopsided law. Gay offenders face a harsher penalty than straight offenders. WTF? Why? If a 23 year old male has consensual sex with a 16 year old male, the 23 year old will face a harsher sentence than if he were having consensual sex with a 16 old female.

Fact of the matter is that it's pervy and problematic either way you look at it.

So we lower the bar for everyone instead of raising it. That doesn't seem right.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Why in the hell would anyone dream up or spend time working on a bill to legalize sex with minors????

WTH Democrats.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   

There's nothing shocking about it.

As others have pointed out. This is adjusting some inequalities in the law.

Fake news outrage as usual.
edit on 4-9-2020 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Biden is likely behind this. CA needs to be separated from the rest of the US.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
a reply to: game over man

I think there are some parts of this bill that is needed. The black and white of the sex offender register has really ruined a lot of lives. Also, I have to put this as a disclaimer that I am not supporting less harsh sentences for rapists and child molesters- because some will twist this post into that.

Plus, the word "pedophile" gets thrown around so much that most people don't even know what the word means! Pedophilia is attraction to prepubescent children-not teens.

Gays always wanted special treatment so there they go.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

Both are terrible. 16 year olds are very impressionable (easily coerced). At 23 people are far more cognizant of how to manipulate others.

There is a big difference in gay and heterosexual sex in this manner. A gay 23 year old perpetrator, could do far more mental damage to a 16 year old, that is simply young and confused.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

It's not that straight forward. Your OP is a Qanon conspiracy.

Debunked[/ quote]

From your source.

According to its Senate Floor Analysis, the legislation "exempts a person convicted of nonforcible sodomy with a minor, oral copulation with a minor, or sexual penetration with a minor, as specified, from having to automatically register as a sex offender."

Operative word, "with a minor."

No debunked at all.
edit on 4-9-2020 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Bhadhidar

So instead of raising the bar, we lower it for everyone? Is that right?

What else does equality mean?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join