It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arrested for a Facebook post....but not that one

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 05:58 AM
link   
As ATS knows, a prego mom got arrested for posting an anti mask post in Australia.

My question is, not if you are ok with it but

If the US government arrested an ANTIFA/BLM rioter for a post, would you be happy or just as mad?

How about if they arrested a Klan member for a post? Would you be happy or just as mad?

Are you starting to get my point? Are you mad at the action or the results? Does who it is make a difference to you?

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

I didn't read what that lady said, Facebook is dumb and so are people posting on it.

If you're getting arrested for being stupid in public, maybe you should reevaluate where you're being stupid...Or God forbid, how stupid you're being.

I love freedom of speech and I hate this gestapo crap, but nothing is new here. The people getting punished for talking # online are the same people who brought the nanny state into existence.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Have tou seen the latest one from the good ol' Peoples Republic of Melbourne?

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 06:21 AM
link   
As to the OP's question, it depends. Are they calling for a violent riot or a peaceful protest? Even KKK scum are entitled to protest if it's peaceful.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: a325nt

I didn't read what that lady said, Facebook is dumb and so are people posting on it.

If you're getting arrested for being stupid in public, maybe you should reevaluate where you're being stupid...Or God forbid, how stupid you're being.

I love freedom of speech and I hate this gestapo crap, but nothing is new here. The people getting punished for talking # online are the same people who brought the nanny state into existence.

Your post is right 100%. No need to say anything else.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 06:46 AM
link   

The 1st amemdment is pretty clear

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 06:48 AM
link   
The influence of the Chinese Communist Party in Australia shines bright, it seems.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Happy for people who post threats to hurt or damage to be arresred.

Unhappy for people who post harmless complaints or dismay at unrealistic agendas to be arrested.

"Are you starting to get my point" - so who it is makes a massive difference DEPENDING ON THE CONTENTS OF THE POST.

So -

Im mad at the result if the actions are harmless......... no brainer to civil well rounded minds.
edit on 4-9-2020 by CthruU because: needed to add extra Clown.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: a325nt
Being stupid in public is subjective. Having said that, it's rarted that someone could get arrested over a simple post, mere words. To my knowledge the post wasn't inciting violence.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat
Have tou seen the latest one from the good ol' Peoples Republic of Melbourne?

This clown has been antagonizing police for weeks at roadblocks and online....... he is a sook and had every opportunity to open the door in a civil manner.

No sympathy for this tinfoil hat wannabe.......not even remotely close to having decent conspiracal mindest.

Clown. Clown. Clown. Clown. Clown. Clown. Clown. Clown.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

Maybe, but it doesn't change the fact he was arrested for a facebook post. In fact, if you watch his facebook video, he specifically says he's not encouraging anyone else to protest, just that he's going. You can watch the video he was arrested for here.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat

Maybe, but it doesn't change the fact he was arrested for a facebook post. In fact, if you watch his facebook video, he specifically says he's not encouraging anyone else to protest, just that he's going. You can watch the video he was arrested for here.

"maybe" but he's been a pig to police and online, he's been uncooperative and offensive a handful of times.

Don't get me wrong though i am not police friendly either but when you poke a bear your gonna get bit eventually so his number was up.

Over the years ive found that the best way to antagonize police is to remain silent - just give em nothing except the only question you must answer by law......name and address - then clam up.

Drives em mad but after all the very first line of the Mirandize Act is you guessed it.................
"You have the right to remain silent"

This bloke as stated is a wannabe clown tinfoil hat conspiracy theorist who cannot even control his emotions. He will spend his life bringing this sort of attention to himself.

Admittedly the police are using the incitement laws as a trumped up excuse and thus are the pigs they always are but in this case its a case of meh, meh, meh who cares.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   

How's that leather taste?

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Arrests are supposed to happen when a crime is committed.
I can't speak for Australian law so I have no clue to the context or backstory here.

But.. If an antifa or clan member threatens lives or terrorism in the United States they would be committing an illegal act and could be arrested.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Depends on if they're inciting violence.

A klan member can peacefully protest or March or post online and I can peacefully protest and March and tell them they're idiots.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnoxMSP

How's that leather taste?

Says the Tom Selleck cheesy mo wanna be who wants to go fast.

Try crawlin out of the 80's - and take the blinkers of.

edit on 4-9-2020 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Your post is right 100%. No need to say anything else.

No. Both of you. She was asking people to get together outside and peacefully protest the freedoms taken away via the apparently God-like nearly sentiment sweial killer Covid-19 virus.

She wanted to assemble to get their voices heard about not being ok with everything being shut down. And being forced to wear masks

You two need to actually read her FB posts.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   

So I didn't know anything about this so I looked it up.

www.news.com.au... 66d54a4170cc5288bddc088

This is saying the reason for arrest had nothing to do with fb. The women was braking the social distancing and mask laws of her country. When cops tried to question her she walked away from them.

Is there a police report or something that would show that the arrest was for a fb post?

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Arresting people for words is generally bad, unless they are inciting violence or making terroristic threats. Our Bill of Rights is clear in the United States. However, your rights may vary in other countries.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Uhhh... What???

None of that made any sense at all.

People getting punished for free speech are the same people who brought the nanny state into existence?

I'd love to know where you get your "facts".

I mean... I say dumb stuff at times but thus... You just contradicted your whole response in the same repose.

edit on 4-9-2020 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join