It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Russian archive has published documents on the atrocities of the Nazis

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthSeeker73Uk
a reply to: RussianTroll
As a niave poster but long time lurker, I've read RTs posts with great interest.

Have read his past posts with interest, and have always been surprised by several things....

1. Seems to have quite a confident knowledge of history (mainly Russia), though with a tone of pro Russia which itself makes it dubious.

2. The complete denial of any Russian mistakes find very bizarre as all powers etc have and will make, deny whatever bullcrap they spew.

3. For one to defend Putin and his regime and to compare with other nations (yes they not be perfect but if one had to choose I personally would not choose Putin, without spending time to explain would never choose the regime of Putins Russia.

4. RTs explanation of the Skipels is ridiculous.

5. All nations past and present have done and will do bad, but for RT to constantly defend Russia is, I find strange, except for one reason, which, most surprising hasn't been questioned more on this site
except by mainly by 2 fellow AtS users.

6. Finally, the defence of Soviet troops after WW2 is shocking, with said troops confirming behaviour without remorse with RTs consistent pro Russian behaviour.

This site was I believe a great source of information, but lately seems to be filled with Trump and RTs posts and his, Russia don't do wrong and everyone else is wrong rhetoric.

Sorry for rant, but smells fishy and even by the lack of the so obvious double bluff name.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthSeeker73Uk

If he is really Russian. You need to know that Russian arguments and debate discussion is based on whataboutisms.

It's a sort of philosophy now. Started during the cold war when Soviet citizens would question their officials and such and it would instantly be turned around to point blame at someone else. Once you notice how Russiantroll is using this tactic, you'll see he just might be a literal Russian troll / shill.

Either way, the person brings a little spice to the forums.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp
LOL, very true.
Just this pro Russian smells fishy, especially for this site.
RT keeps going on about outsiders but here he is with multiple posts....,

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Russia is going through this weird transition phase from attempting to separate their Soviet past to modern times.

Which is weird because Putin wants to basically go back to before the Bolsheviks revolution. To return to "traditional values". This means, Russia is #1, and if you aren't of Russian heritage, you're not welcome. So it's not really modern or progressive really.

There's a better explanation as to how I can see Mr Russiantroll as attempting to be 'superior'. He's been subverted by his own government.
edit on 4-9-2020 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp
Ha, maybe so.

But, not a but against u at all. ( thank u for ur response).

Not sure which direction to take this.....,RT.., just seems odd.

USA bad, UK bad but Russia and China at evidence without many posts are worse, past not included.

Still surprised at responses of RTs posts, even by major players on this site, and how some support of members.

Just my thoughts after over 10 yrs of lurking.....

edit on 4-9-2020 by TruthSeeker73Uk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Not to make this about RT but his mistake of bringing Nazi behaviour compared to what the Soviets did is surprising with his knowledge, though what they went through I could never understand.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   

On topic.....

All did bad, but even though soviet troops have a thought of war retaliation against German soldiers which in my opinion in circumstances is at time of war behaviour, actions against German women is evil, backed up by soviet troops later in life, though mostly thought exceptable including some Russian women who thought rape exceptable.

But hey, RT will have some clever answer.......

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthSeeker73Uk

On topic.....

All did bad, but even though soviet troops have a thought of war retaliation against German soldiers which in my opinion in circumstances is at time of war behaviour, actions against German women is evil, backed up by soviet troops later in life, though mostly thought exceptable including some Russian women who thought rape exceptable.

But hey, RT will have some clever answer.......

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   

No, the acronym dp in this case is far more sinister, means double post, some reason if I shut off my iPad after posting a reply, when I open it again the next time it posts the same reply.
“DP, double post”

As for life, we disagree, my faith is in Christ not this mortal coil.
There are options for forever and ever

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   

LOL!

Hey RT, you just dropped the ball

3. Marshal Mannerheim (by the way, he was a Swede)

Carl Gustaf Emil Mannerheim Born 4 June 1867 Askainen, Grand Duchy of Finland, Russian Empire

Askainen

If you dont even know that you are not well informed individual.

Please stop telling bs

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

LOL!

Hey RT, you just dropped the ball

3. Marshal Mannerheim (by the way, he was a Swede)

Carl Gustaf Emil Mannerheim Born 4 June 1867 Askainen, Grand Duchy of Finland, Russian Empire

Askainen

If you dont even know that you are not well informed individual.

Please stop telling bs

Until the early 2000s, it was believed that the Mannerheims moved to Sweden from Holland. However, a Finnish-Dutch group of researchers in early 2007 published a report that they found a church book in the Hamburg archives, according to which the oldest known ancestor of Gustav Mannerheim, Hinrich Marhein, was baptized in St. Jacob's Church in Hamburg 28 December 1618. From the record of his birth, it follows that his father was a certain Henning Marhein, who was granted the citizenship of the city of Hamburg in 1607 [6].

There is a document from which it follows that Hinrich Margein, who after moving to Sweden became known as Henry, founded an iron factory here [6]. His son in 1693 was elevated to the Swedish nobility (Swede.) Russian, while he changed his surname to Mannerheim. In 1768, the Mannerheims were elevated to the baronial dignity, and in 1825, Karl Erik Mannerheim (1759-1837), the great-grandfather of Gustav Mannerheim, was elevated to the counts dignity, after which the eldest son in the family became a count, and the younger brothers of the eldest member of the family (to to whom Gustav Mannerheim also belonged), as well as representatives of the younger genealogical branches, remained barons.

After Russia's victory over Sweden in the war of 1808-1809, Karl Erik Mannerheim was the leader of the Swedish delegation received by Alexander I and contributed to the success of the negotiations, which ended with the approval of the Constitution and the autonomous status of the Grand Duchy of Finland. Since then, all Mannerheims have become distinguished by a clear pro-Russian orientation, since Alexander I has repeatedly reminded: “Finland is not a province. Finland is a state. "

ru.wikipedia.org...Маннергейм,_Карл _Густав_Эмиль

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Seems to me there was a mighty hunger in the Ukraine from 1932 - 33 caused by Stalin's policy of collectivization and confiscation of food stores to punish Her for movements wanting independence. Estimates start at 3 million on the low side to 12 million on the high side. Seeing how accurate records of deaths, especially in rural areas was sketchy at best, and dead men tell no tails, it would be safe to assume that it would qualify as a Soviet Russian caused genocide. Holodomor

www.history.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: cprnicus
Seems to me there was a mighty hunger in the Ukraine from 1932 - 33 caused by Stalin's policy of collectivization and confiscation of food stores to punish Her for movements wanting independence. Estimates start at 3 million on the low side to 12 million on the high side. Seeing how accurate records of deaths, especially in rural areas was sketchy at best, and dead men tell no tails, it would be safe to assume that it would qualify as a Soviet Russian caused genocide. Holodomor

www.history.com...

If you go by total number of deaths Stalin wins by a landslide. However not all the deaths he caused were intentional even his gulags as it turns out most survived. The same cannot be said for Nazi concentration camps. What it does show however is that communism often leads to huge loss of life

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
If you go by total number of deaths Stalin wins by a landslide. However not all the deaths he caused were intentional even his gulags as it turns out most survived. The same cannot be said for Nazi concentration camps. What it does show however is that communism often leads to huge loss of life

Or rather both demonstrate that totalitarianism, whether part of a free market or closed economic system, is an emergent property of either extreme when militarily governed and coupled with the suppression of opposition and dissenters.

George Orwell got it right. Both are as bad as the other because they are both corrupted by absolute power, and some are more equal than others within both regimes, nor as 'free' as the packaging may imply. The CIA of course had the ending rewritten for the film version so only the communists were the bad guys, clearly not wanting to show their hand in the game.

<< 1  2   >>

join