It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible Ancient Indian Knowledge of the Solar System 10,000 years ago!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 02:07 AM
link   
The Rig Veda is considered the oldest known Indian text on the planet written around 10,000 BC. It is one of the four sacred canonical texts of Hinduism known as the Vedas. The hymns predominantly discuss cosmology. Books 1 and 10 in part also deal with questions about the origin of the universe and the nature of the divine, and other metaphysical issues in their hymns.

The Dharmic culture of India that existed more than 10,000 years ago knew the average distance from the Earth to both Moon and Sun which were 108 times their diameters!! How did they measure this? This explains the 108 beads of the holy necklace or 'japamala', 108 karanas, pilgrimages, even yoga poses!! What instruments did they use? This is extraordinary and incredible. Ancient Indians knew these scientific facts 5000 years earlier than scientists discover it!

While history credits Copernicus for proposing the heliocentric model of our solar system, it was the Rig Veda that first noted the central placement of the sun and other planets orbiting it in the solar system, 10,000 years ago!

Rig Veda 1.164.13

“The Sun moves in its orbit which itself is moving. Earth and other bodies move around sun due to force of attraction, because sun is heavier than them. The sun moves in its own orbit but holding earth and other heavenly bodies in a manner that they do not collide with each other through the force of attraction.”

The speed of light was also known to them. Here's how it was calculated....

The sun travels 2,202 yojanas in half a nimesha. A yojana is 9 miles; a nimesha is 16/75 of a second. Therefore, 2,202 yojanas x 9 miles x 75/8 nimeshas = 185,794 miles per second or 2,99,000 kilometers per second. That’s astonishingly close to the real ‘scientifically-proven’ 3,00,000 kilometers per second figure!

But here's what we are told.....

During the Mesolithic period (about 10,000 B.C. to 8,000 B.C.), humans used small stone tools, now also polished and sometimes crafted with points and attached to antlers, bone or wood to serve as spears and arrows. They often lived nomadically in camps near rivers and other bodies of water.

While the rest of the world was busy hunting with rudimentary tools, the Indian civilization had scientists studying the heavens, 10,000 years ago!!

Ref: www.history.com...
www.mensxp.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: OrionHunterX

This from Google...

Rigveda, (Sanskrit: “The Knowledge of Verses”) also spelled Ṛgveda, the oldest of the sacred books of Hinduism, composed in an ancient form of Sanskrit about 1500 bce, in what is now the Punjab region of India and Pakistan. It consists of a collection of 1,028 poems grouped into 10 “circles” (mandalas).

No mention of 10,000 bc

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 02:33 AM
link   
that is the western point of view ....what about a hindi point of view?
i think you'll find a different opinion if you look further. a reply to: midicon

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: tri-lobe-1
i think you'll find a different opinion if you look further. a reply to: midicon

I think you might find that nothing was written at that time and the date is based on astronomical calculations which really prove nothing.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 02:45 AM
link   

I believe that knowledge was given by someone not from this planet.

What I don't understand is why. It seems to be part of an unfinished project by an alien culture.

Something interrupted abruptly the education of locals and made these aliens go away. I guess God didn't approve the project.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 03:03 AM
link   

They did not know anything that even the greeks did not figure out. they were highly innacurate when it came to their calculations. And they only knew about 6 planets. They were Budha (Mercury), Shukra (Venus), Bhumi (Earth), Mangal (Mars), Brihaspati (Jupiter), and Shani (Saturn). Geometry can get you somewhat close on the distances betweeen earth and the sun but the vedics made the same mistake the greeks did. They assumed all planetary bodies traveled at the same speed this is wrong, This is why every one of their totals is wrong . What we needed was triganometry and instruments that could determin solar parallax. Solar parallax is only about eight arcseconds, an angle too tiny to measure with tools of the era.

Be very careful when dealing with vedics they want to tell the Indian people they know the secrets of the universe and make several wild claims.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Thanks OrionHunterX. Interesting stuff. How on earth can ancients work out speed if light!

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 04:11 AM
link   

S&F

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Where did you get that translation from?

According to this, Book 1, Hymn 164, verse 13 reads:

"Upon this five-spoked wheel revolving ever all living creatures rest and are dependent.
Its axle, heavy-laden, is not heated: the nave from ancient time remains unbroken."

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: tri-lobe-1

You'll also find a different opinion if you actually read the Rig Veda, instead of relying on BS Hindu Creationist websites as in the OP.
Rig Veda 1.164.13:

13 Upon this five-spoked wheel revolving ever all living creatures rest and are dependent.
Its axle, heavy-laden, is not heated: the nave from ancient time remains unbroken.

Link

Harte

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   

This is very very ancient civilization, and its inherited knowledge. Comparing this information to 1500s (AD) Catholicism, or 500 BC Greco-Roman understanding the world - both linked and foundation to "our" understanding of civilization and its evolution - it is very obvious, we as species, have gone thru these cycles over and over again. Emerging from the previous one, with nothing, and at best throwing stones on each other.

108. That number must be embedded into quite many esotheric teachings...?

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   

I don't know that they gleaned this information from scientists studying the heavens - there's no continuity of this research/knowledge to indicate that was the case. It seems more like given (by "Others") information.

From what I've seen before, the astronomical positioning of stars in the sky detailed in the Vedas indicate the time period being discussed is in the range of 2800-2400 BC (4000-4800 years ago.) This doesn't necessarily mean it was written then. I would think information was somehow passed on and eventually committed to writing from that 2800-2400 BC time period, rather than having been written ahead of time to describe the night sky 5200-6000 years later (as it would have been if written 10,000 years ago - or 12,000 years ago if written around 10,000 BCE.)

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   

This is extraordinary and incredible. Ancient Indians knew these scientific facts 5000 years earlier than scientists discover it!

Well I'll be the book of Enoch also tells us exactly how man was given
that information. Cause he damn sure wasn't going to figure it out for
himself at the time.

According to science.
edit on 4-9-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
What if there is no speed of light?
What if light is static and only matter has motion?
The dog does not wag its tail.
The tail is absolutely static and the Universe wags around it.
Relativity.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

This from Google...

Rigveda, (Sanskrit: “The Knowledge of Verses”) also spelled Ṛgveda, the oldest of the sacred books of Hinduism, composed in an ancient form of Sanskrit about 1500 bce, in what is now the Punjab region of India and Pakistan. It consists of a collection of 1,028 poems grouped into 10 “circles” (mandalas).

No mention of 10,000 bc

If true on the timing, meh. Even 5,000 years ago the information was clearly way ahead of it's time and the knowledge certainly didn't just 'happen' upon the capabilities of learning to write the spoken word. They surely knew about it generations before it was written it would seem.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I dont believe that there was one civilization with an array of knowledge and the rest of the planet was just a bunch of hunter gatherers.

I believe the world was like it is today. Technology and some places on the planet where hunter gatherers exist.

There are hunter gatherers in Africa. Today.

I believe that there has been at least 2 advanced world civilizations before us.

I believe Us, Cro Mags, Neanderthals, Denisovans and other hominids that we haven't discovered existed at the same time. Kinda like "The Lord of the Rings". But advanced and later destroyed either by cataclysmic earth changes or war or both.

I believe those Vedas are about actual events that happened 30,000 years ago. The war they describe, is the war that destroyed the planet and most of its inhabitants. Those include all kinds of hominids described in those vedas. The monkey men is a good example.

So yeah, its entirely possible.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Considering they were using primitive tools, it's more likely there was an advanced precursor civilization responsible for those texts.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Listen I never been a religious person as in church going
I actually have a aversion to going. I have been interested in topics like the OP. I’m sure we all watch ancient aliens and for some of us it might make sense in some ways and seem plausible.

I think if you watch this like I did a few days ago you will be able to reconcile how people from so long ago seemed to have this information.

I’m not here pushing a form of religion just offering some thought on how this all can fit in logically into our reality.

mostholyplace.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   

You do know that shamans and others of that sort were also studying the heavens, too?? Primitive does not mean uneducated and ignorant.

How else did they know when to plant? They followed the seasons through the stars. Navigated entire oceans via them. Etc...

India was hardly unique in that.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Homefree
What if there is no speed of light?
What if light is static and only matter has motion?
The dog does not wag its tail.
The tail is absolutely static and the Universe wags around it.
Relativity.

So when you shine a flash light or laser what is happening?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join