It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child Killer flogged, stabbed, hanged in public.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
DR H................are you using your sarcasm and wit IN MY FAVOR or against ME...... sir????

angie

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by amb1063
DR H................are you using your sarcasm and wit IN MY FAVOR or against ME...... sir????

angie

Unbelievable brilliance, your wisdom and in-depth knowledge of this subject is without measure among your peers, have a safe joy-joy day.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   
ok.............well now that wasn't a very straight up answer.

i sense massive sarcasm oozing..............but since i love you dearly......i'll overlook you...............and also wish you a joy joy day!

angie

[edit on 18-3-2005 by amb1063]

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Let’s stay on topic please. If you have nothing constructive to add to the conversation then add nothing to the conversation.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Thanks KL.

Sanc'.

Sep

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I personally truely feel for the children and their parents. But this is kind of going to far. A legal system is suppose to bring justice. It is suppose to deter other people from doing evil. What was done to this man was done because of anger, not a sense of justice. But in this case, to be honest, when I read it at first I was happy, and I think we can overlook the barbarism.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Whilst it is obvious to all that these people got their just desserts, can we just stand back a little, take a deep breath and count to ten?

Over the course of history, there have been some truly barbaric punishemnts inflicted on people, often for lesser crimes than those mentioned in this story - being hanged, drawn and quartered, for example, was once a popular entertainment for visitors to the Tyburn tree. In China, you could be sawn in half. In some sates of the US you might be fried in the electric chair. The list is endless really. Torture and punishment has long been a crowd pleaser it seems.

But, the point is - did those punishemnts then ever actually stop a would-be criminal? Did the tortures act as a deterent? I think not - brutality breeds brutality IMO. Whilst it might make us feel good to see people whipped, stabbed, hanged, does that make us better people - or does it bring us down to their level? Make your own mind up please - I know you will.

But what I find disturbing is the way in which on one hand we condemn the perpertrators of child abuse - but allow, by inaction, to see children die by neglect, or starvation, or by acts of war. So, we can turn a blind eye to AIDS in Africa, allow the poisining of the planet by the acts of large corporations or governments, all without the same degree of vengence being expressed here? For there are children dying every day - alone, in tears, in pain, slowly, without hope or any chance of survival. Isn't that child abuse too?

Yes, we live in enlightened times - let's go flog some more murderers - that will make the world a better place for sure.

Just my two cents....

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlfredENewman[/i
But what I find disturbing is the way in which on one hand we condemn the perpertrators of child abuse - but allow, by inaction, to see children die by neglect, or starvation, or by acts of war. So, we can turn a blind eye to AIDS in Africa, allow the poisining of the planet by the acts of large corporations or governments, all without the same degree of vengence being expressed here? For there are children dying every day - alone, in tears, in pain, slowly, without hope or any chance of survival. Isn't that child abuse too?
Just my two cents....

Fairenough- but that is not the point we are talking about people who molest children- yes i am certainly aware that their are children dieing of AIDS acts of starvation and so on- that is their and our goverments fault- and yes before anything gets said i would happily donate money my bf donates to unicef every month- everyone tries their best to sort out the sitution but their is only so much we can do. But child molestation happens right down our streets vermin are walking our streets and there is something we can do.

I know that violence isnt always the way but in this situation if i was a parent, and it happend to my child, i personaly would want that person to suffer as much or even more than my child had to.

The only people that can sort out the poverty there and stop us polluting is the GOVERNMENT- we can help to a certain point- but we cannot make laws but goverments can- and they say its not so simple but they could clear the debts with AFrica if they wanted to but obviously dont.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Sounds like we can learn something from the Iranians.....y'all heard about the poor little 9 year old girl in Florida? I wonder what her last thoughts were?

Our American liberal justice system FAILED that little girl and I happen to like the Iranian system better. Hang them high!! In front of all their neighbors, families and friends.

The Death Penalty needs to happen in full view of anyone that wants to see it. Only then will it become a deterrrant.

Maximu§

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
What these people did is disgusting, and horrible- that goes without saying. What i find equally disturbing and terrifying is the fact people here on ATS, who are supposedly part of a "civilised" society want to get their revenge with voilence and barbaric acts. It's somewhat hypocritical to pick and choose which parts of another countries ways of life you would like to adopt for yourselves. Think before you speak...

[edit on 19-3-2005 by paranoia]

Odd

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
not everybody is a pacifist weiner like you.

if not for the awesome power of violence, our society would never have been concieved.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by paranoia
Think before you speak...

I always think before I speak Paranoia and barbaric criminal acts deserve barbaric punishments. When you kidnap, rape and strangle a child.....your no longer a human being IMO, your a mad-dog that needs to be put down.

Yeah, The Iranians do alot of stupid things (as do we all), but I like their justice system in this context. The Liberals have had their chance to fix our broken-revolving-door justice system and they have FAILED.

WTF was this animal doing on the streets of Florida???? Who was the stinkin lawyer who got him off??? I want him and the probation board whipped for turning a monster loose on society!!!

In regards to the perverts family....I want them whipped also! They knowingly hid a monster in their house...they did'nt warn their neighbors....they hid him and they should suffer.

There will come a time when we conservatives rise up and put things right in this country.....that may be a good time for the Liberals to take an extended vacation to Canada, because it won't be pretty.

Maximu§

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus

The Death Penalty needs to happen in full view of anyone that wants to see it. Only then will it become a deterrrant.

Excuse my ignorance here but didn't we once have public executions in Britain, America, - oh - and probably most of the world? (Indeed, some countries still do).

Is there any evidence that having these public executions acted as a deterrent? Surely if they had a deterrent effective then there would have been no murders - or, for lesser crimes, as many in UK were executed for theft - and in the States, horse stealing?? Is there any evidence that public executions made the streets safer? I don't know., so let's do some research here

Sample quote (there is lots more to read):

"Deterrence, Brutalization, and the Death Penalty: Another Examination of OklahomaÕs Return to Capital Punishment. In this study, author William Bailey speculated that if executions had a deterrent effect in Oklahoma, it would be observable by comparing murder rates and rates of sub-types of murder, such as felony-murder, stranger robbery-related killings, stranger non-felony murder, and argument-related killings, before and after the resumption of executions. Bailey examined the period between 1989 and 1991 for total killings and sub-types of killing. After controlling for a number of variables, Bailey found that there was no evidence for a deterrent effect. He did, however, find that there was a significant increase in stranger killings and non-felony stranger killings after Oklahoma resumed executions after a 25-year moratorium. (36 Criminology 711-33 (1998))." (my emphasis)

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by misspickle
Fairenough- but that is not the point we are talking about people who molest children- ...

Greetings misspickle

Thank you for all your points - i found them of great interest.

The case of child molestation is obviously emotive - please don't think I am condonning it or one minute. All Life is precious - that is a given.

However, as a civilised society, do we want retribution and revenge for people who commit such acts of barbarity? Do we want to bring ourselves down to their level? If we do, are we an better than them? I find that the difficulty - by allowing barbaric practises, like torture, folowed by hanging, etc - to be committed by the state in our name, are we any better than those who committed the act in the first place. We might feel "justice has been done" and that we have extract real pain from the person being tortured before they die - but has it helped make a better society for all to live in?

For myself, I doubt it, and would hate to live in a country that condoned the torture of others, no matter what the crime.

just my 2 cents

AEN

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Too good for people like them.
Middle-eastern justice......i like the way that sounds.
hate to say it, but we could learn a thing or two about the death penalty from them.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by amb1063
angie

Unbelievable brilliance, your wisdom and in-depth knowledge of this subject is without measure among your peers, have a safe joy-joy day.

I think he/she is trying to stave off being banned.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by paranoia
It's somewhat hypocritical to pick and choose which parts of another countries ways of life you would like to adopt for yourselves. Think before you speak...
[edit on 19-3-2005 by paranoia]

How do you figure that picking and choosing parts of other countries ways of life are hypocritical??? How do you think that OUR way of life here in these United States came about!?!?!?

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
This makes me think of something from when I was young. My parents always said that it is best to calm down and not act from emotions when punishing your children. You know, think it out, decide what's best for everyone. It's amazing that some people here think that this is a good idea, especially in a forum full of people who supposedly think things through. In this situation, the correct person was caught and handled accordingly by the mob. So, if we say that this is great, then it influences the mob to do the same in other situations. Eventually, the wrong person will be caught and abused and tortured. Or someone will be caught and tortured for practically nothing. Behavior such as this should not be condoned in any country. Yes, it feels great, but it's not acceptable.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
What I read was he killed boys. If he had killed girls he would probably be still alive, with a few lashes on his back.

Don't start thinking the Muslim laws are good.

Roper

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Its amazing how people on this board can preach about the bible and quote scriptures at you, talking about the evil terrorists in the world (iran anyone?) - yet when in the same breathe they can avocate animal kind of behaviour on those that have done wrong. Is this what a civilised society is supposed to do?

You can't pick and choose im afraid when and where to break your own rules and laws when the right kind of "criminal" comes up. Who is the judge, the jury and the executioner? what are the guidelines for this? Or are you suggesting when mob mentality rears its head, the law step aside and allow them to do as they please?
What about the possible cases where somebody could possibly be innocent? Will god forgive you? Oh, is it a sin to murder?

Come on - dont let your emotions cloud the bigger picture

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join