It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Time for Protest Control

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

You are wanting the state to issue state sponsored licenses to the people they deem worthy to protest, and only those who they deem worthy. The same state that the people are protesting against. And, on top of that, you want people to have to take a state-sponsored course on how to "correctly protest" according to the state they protesting against?

We already let the state issue state-sponsored licenses to the people they deem worthy of carrying a gun, and only those they deem worthy. The same state that is threatened by the people who want to carry guns. And, on top of that, some states require people to take state sponsored courses how to "correctly use a gun" according to the state that wants to outright ban all guns.

Sounds the same to me.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

When the 1st Amendment was written, I don't think the Founding Fathers had the concept of assault speech or words of war.

Oooh! I like that! "Assault speech"!

And of course the government get to define what "assault speech" is... by George I think you've got it!

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

This thread is hilarious because of the number of people who missed the point.

I know, right? And even funnier, it is the posters who normally cry against the right to keep and bear arms that are now screaming about government intrusion on the right to protest.

It's like they can't make a square peg fit into a square hole...

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

It is a violation of the U.S. 2nd Amendment, for armed militia groups to quell protests with weapons (especially firearms), without the permission of the state government that they are operating in.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

It is a violation of the U.S. 2nd Amendment, for armed militia groups to quell protests with weapons (especially firearms), without the permission of the state government that they are operating in.

*reads 2nd Amendment*

It is?

*reads 2nd Amendment again*

Really?

*reads 2nd Amendment yet again*

Where does it say that?

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I keep reading it, but it keeps saying the same thing...

10 USC § 252 says the opposite:

Whenever the President considers that unlawful obstructions, combinations, or assemblages, or rebellion against the authority of the United States, make it impracticable to enforce the laws of the United States in any State by the ordinary course of judicial proceedings, he may call into Federal service such of the militia of any State, and use such of the armed forces, as he considers necessary to enforce those laws or to suppress the rebellion.
That actually says the President can call in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, National Guard, Coast Guard, and the Space Force if he declares an uprising to be an insurrection.

TheRedneck

edit on 9/4/2020 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The purpose of the right to bear arms, and the right to violent 'protest' is a fine distinction to make.

What is the true purpose of this right ?
If not to overthrow a government that is considered unsatisfactory.

even in war criminal behaviour is despicable.
edit on 00000091205912America/Chicago04 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   

So many subtle things can be considered protest/protesting, you might as well get rid of the whole first amendment and become a communist country if this is Trump's plan.

Lots organized protests and demonstrations go through a legal approval process anyway, so your idea is already in existence. Just like when streets got painted with Black Lives Matter for example.

Permit is one of the words I'm looking for. OP must be really unfamiliar...
edit on 4-9-2020 by game over man because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: rom12345

The purpose of the right to bear arms, and the right to violent 'protest' is a fine distinction to make.

Interesting theory. So we are qualifying rights depending on what we think they should be used for now?

That sounds less like a right and more like a privilege. Who makes that decision?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
who ever has the most guns, makes the decision, I would think.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

...if this is Trump's plan.

Trump's plan?

I thought I wrote the OP... *checks*... yeah, I wrote it. Sorry if you got confused... my name is not Trump.

Lots organized protests and demonstrations go through a legal approval process anyway, so your idea is already in existence. Just like when streets got painted with Black Lives Matter for example.

So I can't just go find a protest and join in?

I learned something today! Where do I go to get a license to join a protest?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   

You can get city permits for organized protests.

Link
edit on 4-9-2020 by game over man because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

That's for the protest. Where do I, as an individual, get licensed to join a protest?

I thought I could just show up with a sign and join in. Do I need a permit to do that?

Did the people in CHAZ/CHOP have a permit from city hall to take over police stations?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Sookiechacha

What happened to watering the Tree Of Liberty with the blood of patriots, that needs to happen from time to time?

Hey, I'm just looking for a fair solution to all. Don't you agree that protesters should be licensed for the good of society?

TheRedneck

i think you are confusing "rights" with "privilege" .
all americans have the right to protest. peaceful, no burning of buildings, no blocking roadways, no threatening the citizens, no looting. all the persons who commit criminal acts should be taken before a court. our elected officials should support our police, our legal process and its citizens. instead of a licence we should vote in people who will uphold the law and protect our cities and people from the violent mobs we see today.

an example of a citizen's privilege:
all americans have the privilege to drive a car. that privilege can be taken away if the person is found guilty of a list of vehicular violations.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

That's for the protest. Where do I, as an individual, get licensed to join a protest?

I thought I could just show up with a sign and join in. Do I need a permit to do that?

Did the people in CHAZ/CHOP have a permit from city hall to take over police stations?

TheRedneck

YeAh BrO wE tOoK oVeR tHe PoLiCe StAtiOn!

LMAO

You're Right! In the united states it's totally illegal to walk around waiving a sign. Actually it's illegal to "show up" anywhere like you said you need a license to "show up". Glad you're asking the important questions. 👏👏👏👏👏

Having a social security number has nothing to do with anything either. How about being a non-citizen, do they have constitutional rights or no?

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

No, I don't think I am... unless you are claiming the 2nd Amendment describes a privilege?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   

a reply to: subfab

No, I don't think I am... unless you are claiming the 2nd Amendment describes a privilege?

TheRedneck

armed insurrection seldom comes from privilege .

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

You're Right! In the united states it's totally illegal to walk around waiving a sign. Actually it's illegal to "show up" anywhere like you said you need a license to "show up". Glad you're asking the important questions.

No, that was what you were saying, I thought. I proposed that people should have to be licensed to protest, just like people have to be licensed to carry a gun. You said they already do have to be licensed. So I asked where I needed to go to get a personal license to join a protest. I know where to go get a personal license to carry a gun: that's the Sheriff's office.

Come on, maaaaaan! Keep up!

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: rom12345

Well, let's make sure we're on the same page. Is there a right to keep and bear arms?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
unfortunately you can't get a license for a hold up, unless you are in a mob.
edit on 00000091246912America/Chicago04 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   
One Mans common sense is unreasonable restriction to another.
Ex-felons should not be allowed to protest.
It's just common sense.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join