It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Carlin on pandemic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Since we now live in an age where we look up to comedians for wisdom and look down at politicians for laughs, who better than the late George Carlin to hear some everlasting truth.

"Americans are willing to trade away a little of their freedom in exchange for...the illusion of security"

You may know some of my history. I was a sickly boy growing up. Then I started working outdoors, gettin' mired in the mud, doing some nasty business. I haven't been sick in many, many years. Not a sniffle nor a sneeze brings me down.

Try as I might, I still haven't been able to catch that covid!

But as Carlin says, we have immune systems, and immune systems need practice!

You won't catch me with a clean mask or a bottle of hand sanitizer. You won't catch me calling out sick either. This faux panic has got to go!

(Trigger warning: vid contains language and ideas you may not like.)

edit on 4-9-2020 by NarcolepticBuddha because: 9.600 times I fought the beast

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Thank you for sharing. I like the comedy of this man. And i had not seen this one.

He hits it where it hurts, but it is okay, because he speaks the truth. In a really, really funny way, but it is the truth.

S+F

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Besides, what do you think you have an immune system for? It's for killing germs! But it needs practice, it needs germs to practise on! So listen, if you kill all the germs around you and live a completely sterile life, then when germs do come along you're not going to be prepared. And never mind ordinary germs, what are you gonna do when some super virus comes along that turns your vital organs into liquid #! I'll tell you what you're gonna do, you're gonna get sick, you're gonna die, and you're gonna deserve it, because you're # weak and you've got a # weak immune system!

Lol that's so harsh but I cannot help but mostly agree with it. It may help explain why some people are hit so hard while people who have an actual functioning immune system barely feel it. We've been conditioned so long to believe that vaccines for common viruses like the flu are just as good as the real thing but I don't see any evidence showing that. Luckily there is no requirement to wear masks in my area so I haven't, and the only time I use hand sanitizer is when they have it out the front of the store. I will abide by reasonable rules that each shop asks of me, but I really don't have much fear for Covid-19 at all because I understand precisely how deadly it is and I have a working immune system.
edit on 4/9/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Carlin was a comedian and a prophet no match

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I would say "God bless George Carlin," but his ghost would probably tell me to go f#ck myself.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Thought this might be off topic, but nah. George would open a 2020 show with this, probably dressed the same. Enjoy!
Media Clown, We Will Mock You

edit on 4-9-2020 by Illumimasontruth because: spelin agenn

new topics

top topics

join