It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protect your kids.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 03:05 AM
link   
With the new post about the little girl rapped live on the internet I had to start a post on things that can be done to protect your children.
I'm a parent of two children, and most everyone i've ever met said that I was way to overprotective. I'd always say that my children would always be safe because of it!!!
If you worry about sex offenders check this site. Scroll down and click on your state.

www.stopsexoffenders.com...

If you wanna be able to find your child no matter where they go check this site

www.wherifywireless.com...

Even the best parents can"t protect thier children at all times. But being better prepared helps me rest at night.
Every year I fingerprint each of my kids and take an updated photo.
The sad fact is that children are abused at school and even at church.
On the above link click on products. There is a phone with one button push in the event of an emergency. Also a bracelet for children to wear when out of your sight that can be tracked online.
I appreciate any ideas from other members on how to keep children safe.
If the little girl from florida had either of these items she would have been found already.
May you all be blessed.
Spy

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
While I do agree with you, we need to keep children safe, I think tracking them anywhere is a bad idea, it violates the security rights, and the gov. has been known to favor the kids not the parents in legality issues having to do with tracking, and spieing.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
This guy threatened to beat me up at a show once, hah!

There is a frighteningly large number of people in my area

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
While I do agree with you, we need to keep children safe, I think tracking them anywhere is a bad idea, it violates the security rights, and the gov. has been known to favor the kids not the parents in legality issues having to do with tracking, and spieing.

As a parent that actually gives a rats backside about her children...no official nobody will ever tell me that I can't keep as close of an eye on my child as I wish to.
Thats my FINAL answer!

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Than you should be ready for a court battle when your kid catches you listening to there phone conversations, if there willing to fight for there rights.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Oh hey now...who said I would be going behind thier backs. They know. And they both appreciate my concern. I don't listen in on calls. I just have tracking devices for auto's and a wrist gps system for my seven year old. Soon my son will have the gps phone device.
They know i'm not trying to take away fun, just trying to keep them safe and findable if ever taken against thier will.
If more children had devices to tip off thier location, alot less would die.
Infact with this technology I believe my children get to go more and do more than before. I can relax and know that no matter what happens I can find them. To me these are safty devices, not spy toys.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Definitely understand you want to take care of your children, it's very good that you love your children, and you should definitely take steps to protect them. Yes life is dangerous, you could get mugged or killed, or eaten by a bear in some situations. But living in a sterile protected bubble isn't necessarily good either. In a bubble we are afraid to talk to one another, we do things like spray our hands with germ killer every time we touch something. I'm not saying run out into life with mindless recklessness without protection, just don't put yourself in a bubble, where you cann't reach out and touch life. The world does have nuts in it, but you will find that most people do not fit the "nut" category. And as bad as the news and newspapers make it seem, there isn't a rapist behind every bush waiting for their next victim.

See, we cannot handle the problems we face on this planet if we don't communicate with one another. Sitting behind security cameras in fear of the other man only sepparates us even more.

I'm not saying don't have security cameras, I was just making a point.

Peace,

Troy

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Krt, well as long as there aware of them, you wont have an problems.
Its good that you care about your kids.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 05:36 AM
link   
this is a tough one......whilst expecting my first child in september i am worried about a few things.....mainly the amount of weirdos and predators out there but also worried about being too overprotective.....i was a little sod when i was growing up....always adventuring and going to places i probably shouldnt have been,my parents were strict but always very kind and loving....i knew their rules were for my best intrests and not to spoil my fun......being torn between my sensible buisness attitude i adopt during the week and then changing at the weekend to riding moto x....sharing time in my pals acrobatics stunt plane and generally putting myself into potentially dangerous situations,i would be a hypocrite to 'wrap' my child in cotton wool!.....i know were talking about child abuse and abduction and not dangerous hobbys and past times but when do you as a parent let your child go out on their own into the world and face these dangerous risks for themselves?........im unsure of this.....i would never want to be the 'vice grip' parent.....mine were a bit OTT and because of that i think i just rebelled more?

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I do believe that your kids will become extremely rebellious if you keep this up.

A GPS wrist locator device? I'm a 14 year old and if somebody put something like that on my wrist I would shove it right up their a$$.

Now, before you think of me as a troll who has absolutely nothing going except for contradicting everything you say, please listen to my arguments.

Think back to when you were their age. Really think about it now... Ask yourself these questions and visualize it.
Did you need a GPS wrist locator? Did you even have one (obviously no)? What would you do if you had one on your wrist?

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
-_- this is why kids should carry around knives -_-

ehh joking up there...but thats why I have some weapons in my room, I have my training swords (wooden but deadly) and 3 knives (I took 2 out the other day)

But thats also why I took a session of karate, I might stop but at least now I know somewhat how to protect myself. And I never walk alone, I allways have 1 friend with me, or more

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I must agree with Reikuro on what she said.

It's a very good idea to have your kids learn karate or self defense so they know what to do when they are in a situation. You should also probably stay to watch for a session or two so you can see what they are learning, then you will be aware of what they can do.

But the part about knives, no. Unfortunately in today's world, if you carry a knife around with you, regardless of the fact that it is only for defense, you will be labled as a gangster or a psycho.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Definitely doesn't hurt to learn self defense.

In my 31 years of life (I'm still young) I have yet to be mugged, and I lived in New York for some of that time. The world is not as bad as the media wants you to believe. That's not to say there aren't crazy things happening, and psychos out there, but I had to cut the news off today. Here is the little girl who is on the news because she was killed by a sexual predator. Completely terrible occurance, but I cann't sit there and listen to the news play it over and over, creating the illusion that sexual predators are everywhere. Watching bad events over and over and over brings us no closer to a resolution of the problem, it just brings our image of the world down.

The media is everywhere that some notable occurance happens, they are there to shove it in our face over and over and over.

Folks, no matter what happens in life, we've got to pick up the pieces and live again. It's hard sometimes but we persist. (Rocky IV is on tv, gets you into fight for life mode) Don't stop living life. Cut the news off, throw down the newspaper and go out into the world for a change. The truth is, we know bad things happen, every day. But remember that there are also good things happening as well. Babies are born, the kids land a good job, you find the love of your life, etc.

Troy

top topics

join