It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's largest writing and teaching org demands teachers use Ebonics instead of English

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth

originally posted by: bluesman462002
No wonder blacks and cops have so many problems.
Cops can't understand what the hell their saying.a reply to: Bloodworth

Nobody can.

I use to work with this black guy who could not read or write and he would say the funniest stuff.

I would go get pizza and he would say get some of those garlic nuts...meaning knots

Then he would say man that guy is losing it, he is starting to get that old timers disease.
Meaning alzheimers.

The funniest is when they try and spell America names. Cant the dr or birth certificate people tell them they are just making up their own spelling of common names.

The names! Lol!

I think naming your kid "ZellaQuanday" or "Lawyer" or "Royalty" , "Notorious" "Sexy" and even "Placenta", will decrease your kids chances of employment 10 fold.

Nobody wants to say those words outloud.

I've seen a job application go straight to the garbage because of it.

White people are guilty of this too. They tend to name their kids like you would name a dog, Cooper, Tucker, Skyler, Chance, Archer. Those name are just as ridiculous.

What ever happened to Pete and Tony and Jimmy?

edit on 5-9-2020 by galaga because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-9-2020 by galaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Systemic racism against non-eubonic users. Where does it end?

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: darepairman

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: Trueman
Just when I started making progress with my written English.

I'm a guy with double accent and already sound weird.

Nobody will understand me if I speak Ebonics.

Everyone needs to be taught to talk like a Yooper, that will keep people confused for ten years and help to stop all this political crap.

You mean my stormy crommer?

EEHH!

Ohh, I see Ya got your Yooper cap on

you mean my stormy crommer?
edit on 5-9-2020 by darepairman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
We Wuz Kangz!

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Language evolves. Dialects can become languages, and languages can diminish into dialects.. The Galician language for example (of the province of Galicia, Spain) is recognised as an official language, even though only 2 million people live in Galicia (and not all of them speak Galician). It's slowly but surely dying out.

In my opinion Ebonic is simply a result of "us" (the white guys), putting "them" (the colored guys), in seperated communities, all together in ghetto's, housing blocks or complete neighborhoods specifically for minorites..

Eventually, if you keep a community seperated from all others long enough, their language will evolve seperately also. If you have to watch every single word when you are talking in front of the white community, because every single words is scrutinized, you will start talking in code, wich eventually becomes slang, which eventually evolves as rooted into the language.

Though mixing it with English in classes, no. If it's a language now, keep it seperate. Start teaching Ebonics.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011
Systemic racism against non-eubonic users. Where does it end?

Can a white person talk Ebonics, or is that cultural appropriation?

I am thinking of starting all my sentences at work with "Yo! Modar#er". It seems legit, but don't want to make any social faux pas or be accused of racism.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Seems to me the only way to get through this is to force every black man to mate with a white woman, and every white man to mate with a black woman to produce half cast children. Eventually, a few generations down the line,everybody will be coffee coloured and there will be no place for racism between us.

Then we can concentrate all our hatred on the Chinese, who are the obvious threat to humanity

edit on 6-9-2020 by Lucius Driftwood because: poor grammar on my part.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
h3y 1f 7h353 57up1d n00b5 637 70 u53 3b0n1c 1'm 601n6 b4ck 70 l337 5p34k y0u 60d d4mn l053r5

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I think many places in India have done the same thing recently and have abandoned teaching English as a first language

India moves to end primary treaching in English

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucius Driftwood
Seems to me the only way to get through this is to force every black man to mate with a white woman, and every white man to mate with a black woman to produce half cast children. Eventually, a few generations down the line,everybody will be coffee coloured and there will be no place for racism between us.

No need for force ....... It is already happening naturally (evolution) given time

In biology, evolution is the change in the characteristics of a species over several

generations and relies on the process of natural selection

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I want off this planet.

If you speak in an educated manner, then you're a white supremacist.

How about everyone who hates america so much literally just goes back to wherever their bloodline is from in Africa, and we'll foot the bill? If you hate the oppressive hell you live in, in the US, how about moving back to Ethiopia, Kenya, Darfur? No?

2020 is 0/10, wouldn't recommend

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join