It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's largest writing and teaching org demands teachers use Ebonics instead of English

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
From the source:

teachers respeck Black thought and how that thought manifests in Black speech and writing. That is, it might not sound like you desire it to, but remember, it sounds real right, regardless of unrelenting white supremacist socialization.

I would suggest that they attempt to master the English language first.

Repeck? LOL LOL LOL

They have my respeck!!!
edit on 3-9-2020 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: trollz

But what about chinglish, or hillbilly speak, or all the other broken dialects of English? Why don't they all get official status too? In fact, why bother teaching proper communication in school at all?

Just let everyone make whatever sounds they feel comfortable making and call it language, then be upset and offended when the other person doesn't understand your random noises. That's the only truly politically correct way to settle this matter.
edit on 3/9/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
a reply to: midicon

I'm confused, why don't black people just use and learn English like everyone else.

In Africa, they have been invaded and exploited by all kinds of foreigners, not just English, but Spain, France, Russia, Middle East and others. As a result, the language that has developed is a mix of all these influences with their native traditions.

Perhaps if we where not such idiots when over there there would be more respect and support for English. It is a tough place. I don't know?

Truth is they are still using English, just a lazy bastardised form. Might make graduating and school life easier for some, who can say? You talk about Africa, they can have and teach Ebonics and that's fine but in the US and the UK standard English should still be taught, as it should be in all English speaking countries.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

dont act like you dont know a lot of 'great films' from that era are going to be classified as racist. If you couldnt get away with it nowadays it's gonna be considered racist.

OH HOW IRONIC that all of schooling, thought, and endeavor still comes down to that 1 person saying 'yep, youve got the job'
edit on 3-9-2020 by akiros because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
How does one say, "Ree" in Ebonics?

It's still "REE" since stupid is universal.

Here's an idea, while they're at it Doctors should be taught Witch Doctory spells to treat patients since medical research is a white people thang.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
Just when I started making progress with my written English.

I'm a guy with double accent and already sound weird.

Nobody will understand me if I speak Ebonics.

Everyone needs to be taught to talk like a Yooper, that will keep people confused for ten years and help to stop all this political crap.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The normalization of illiteracy and criminal behavior.

Why is black american culture devolving??

How is this moving forward again?

Please remind me..

🤦🏾‍♂️

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon

English has been the common language for a lot of commerce and trade all around the world. If anyone thinks that is going to stop overnight they are dreaming, or we have an extinction level event.

Here in Australia there are a lot of different aboriginal dialects, about +200 main ones. English is taught to a lot of them. Had the stolen generation not too long ago. A lot them still keep the culture they can as the western influence in the region grows.

I don't really know how Ebonics is structured, expect a lot of local variations. Is it a standard language across the African continent? English is still used in some African parliaments, helps with a common standard across jurisdictions.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Hmmm, American English is so racist that it has words like raccoon, opossum, tornado, burrito, deja vu, bona fides, quid pro quo, schadenfreude, gesundheit, cuisine, aloha, sandwich, teriyaki, ballet, croissant, glitch, macho, patio, plaza, karaoke, karate, ninja, chocolate, moccasin, gung ho, babushka, paparazzi, etc., which we allowed into our language from other languages essentially unchanged to reflect a "proper" notion of English grammar and spelling.

But, you know, I'm sure when all this was going on, the only thing anyone could think about is, "Today, I'm wanting to construct this language specifically to oppress black folks!"

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

You have a nice balanced view on the topic. One of the problems I see with this issue is that it comes in the wake of all the other things going on at the moment. There are valid issues but they have been hijacked by all sorts of other agendas and have become lost in the mix.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
And the other demand is all the girls must talk ebonics REALLY LOUD too!

"OH NO YOU DI'-INT, GIRRRRL FREN'!!"
edit on 9/3/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: Cuz I was gettin' my ebonics on, aiiieeeet?

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Why didn't they write their demands in Ebonics?

So does that mean there is a different ebonics for each black language or just 1 language ?

Are other skin tones allowed you use it or do we all need to carry translators for the conversation?

Beginning to get the feeling the welfare state is a representation of white supremacy, so should be unacceptable and damn well racists to offer it to those melatonin gifted amongst us

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: Trueman
Just when I started making progress with my written English.

I'm a guy with double accent and already sound weird.

Nobody will understand me if I speak Ebonics.

Everyone needs to be taught to talk like a Yooper, that will keep people confused for ten years and help to stop all this political crap.
word. donchaknow.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
But if you want English words of African origin:

aardvark, apartheid, gnu, coffee, jamboree, jazz, jumbo, impala, mamba, mambo, zombie, etc.

Just do a search for English words of African origin. There's a whole list, and they follow the "standard" English spelling about as well as the other words of foreign origin in out language do.

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows other languages down dark alleys, mugs them, and rifles through their pockets for spare grammar. - A saying I've run across.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

It's not devolving so much as certain elements in power have decided that it's easier to tear everyone else down than it is to lift people up.

Lower the standards and then everyone magically succeeds ... at being crappy, but they all feel good because they've succeeded.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

You want a dialect that darn near qualifies as a language in and of itself, try Cajun. That needs subtitles.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
This is the most concerning news I've seen in a while. More outright attacks on modern culture and societal sophistication. I can smell the globalist dollars funding this crap.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah I had a step uncle from New Orleans, didn't talk heavy Cajun but had a thick accent and would throw in a bunch of Cajun words. I always liked listening to him talk though. It always sounded kind of cool, that twangy, southern French kinda way of speaking.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
# this. I'm switching to speaking in iambic pentameter for now on

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Hmmm, American English is so racist that it has words like raccoon, opossum, tornado, burrito, deja vu, bona fides, quid pro quo, schadenfreude, gesundheit, cuisine, aloha, sandwich, teriyaki, ballet, croissant, glitch, macho, patio, plaza, karaoke, karate, ninja, chocolate, moccasin, gung ho, babushka, paparazzi, etc., which we allowed into our language from other languages essentially unchanged to reflect a "proper" notion of English grammar and spelling.

Many of those words have nothing to do with " American English ", whatever that is.

Take " Sandwich " for instance.

The sandwich as we know it was popularized in England in 1762 by John Montagu, the 4th Earl of Sandwich

www.history.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join