It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally some disavowing from the left

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
a reply to: vonclod

I’ve heard that a brand new Vinyl sounds better than cd but it was always an unorthodox and expensive way to listen to music. I probably would’ve burned through 100 copies of appetite for destruction by now

Its hit or miss, some sound fantastic..some are meh. I was just having fun with ya. I love vinyl, but I have put some effort into my vinyl setup..its a labour of love. I think it engages you more. I'm not a snob though, however anyone listens is cool

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

I’ve heard that a brand new Vinyl sounds better than cd but it was always an unorthodox and expensive way to listen to music. I probably would’ve burned through 100 copies of appetite for destruction by now

The thing with modern vinyl is that it's still mixed and mastered like modern music and they just transfer it to vinyl. While it certainly doesn't sound bad, it's not quite the same as back in the day when they were mixing and mastering specifically for vinyl. With today's ultra-clear recording ability, you might gain a little warmth/smoother high end, but it'll entirely be dependent on how well your system reproduces it.

Also, killer collection of guitars! I just bought my 2nd Strat a couple weeks ago as I'm in the middle of re-fretting my older Strat and I got lazy/impatient and really wanted to play a Strat, so when a Classic 50's popped up for $300 I couldn't say no. I don't currently own any Gibsons, but I WILL own a Silverburst Custom within the next couple of years. I'm also a big Explorer fan. Out of the 12 I currently have, it's 3 Ibanez and a mish-mash of everything else, Fender, EBMM, Jackson, Warwick.

Very true, not all, but a lot of it is mastered off digital files/masters Some even, right off the cd. Some groups still use tape..Tool for instance

It's really all about the skill and care of the engineer doing the mastering for vinyl..that goes for digital too, heard many shrill cd's.

Every friday, for 5-6 years, I have music/beer night, we rock out to whatever I find new, lots of classic metal. We start off with digital, but eventually spin some records. We all agree, the vinyl just has something to it.

Ok, on topic, Kamala..what a scumbag.
edit on 3-9-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

Awesome deal on the strat! I like the explorers too. I want an explorer and a sg but I’d also like to retire one day. Lol.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The OP is a dishonest Trump stooge who parrots Trump lies:

On May 31, the fifth night of demonstrations, former Vice President Joe Biden, the party’s presumptive nominee, wrote in a statement that protesting police brutality is “right and necessary” and the “American response."

“But burning down communities and needless destruction is not,” Biden wrote. “Violence that endangers lives is not. Violence that guts and shutters businesses that serve the community is not.”

source

Don't use things Trump says as factual. They're almost always lies.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

Whaaat? I didn’t post that twice. Weird.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

On May 31, the fifth night of demonstrations, former Vice President Joe Biden, the party’s presumptive nominee, wrote in a statement that protesting police brutality is “right and necessary” and the “American response."

“But burning down communities and needless destruction is not,” Biden wrote. “Violence that endangers lives is not. Violence that guts and shutters businesses that serve the community is not.”

source

How about Kamala?

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist
Weird things happening on the board, the last week or so.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Trump’s “failure to call on his supporters to stop seeking conflict?” #ing BIDEN said this. OP, do you not realize that Biden is blaming Trump for EXACTLY what he himself has failed to do? Trump supporters were not out rioting these past 100 days. It has been BLM and ANTIFA, parts of the Democratic party, who have been rioting. Biden has refused to tell his party to stop looting and murdering, and his VP has been on video ENCOURAGING IT.

Do you not see this?

How can you not see this?

You might want to go back and read what *I* wrote instead of getting all up in arms over absolutely nothing to do with me.

IDGAF about either of the two bullsh*t parties. They're all f*cking liars and scrambling for political points at the expense of America's citizens. I want nothing to do with that filth and if you would have resisted foaming at the mouth and hitting the Reply button, you might have seen that.

I’m sorry, man- I was wrong. I didn’t see the rest of your OP- all iI saw was the quotes you had shared. I must have skipped over it because I didn’t reply until I had read a few more comments by others. Doesn’t matter why- I apologize. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

(I’m probably gonna keep foaming at the mouth, though. I’ve straight up had it with the stupidity. But I’ll be sure not to foam at the mouth and direct it at you 👍🏻)

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

source

My lord, both right and left members of ATS are just so anxious to jump down someone’s throat without reading anything a poster actually wrote. Go back and read the OP, genius. I’ll repeat it here again for you, I DON’T GIVE A F*CK ABOUT YOUR PARTIES. THEY ARE BOTH FILLED WITH LIARS AND PIECES OF SH*T.

Where did *I* mention Trump at all in the OP? I made the OP when I came across Harris’ tweet, where she re-tweeted Biden, then I looked on Biden’s site. That was the first I heard of either of these people denouncing the violence. If they said it previously, they didn’t say it enough or to the right people because I haven’t heard it. Then again, I can only stomach about 30 minutes of political bullsh*t in one day before I go find something productive to do with my life.

No wonder why you get torn apart in threads. You may want to reevaluate the way you go about reading and processing information. Slow down and read everything. Let me guess, you saw the thread title, read a line or two and felt that tinge in your arm, like a ghost pushing it up towards your keyboard...eventually the ghost took over and you found yourself writing a bunch of moronic bullsh*t, automatically thinking I was a Trumper.

F*cking hell, man. You’re no better than the Trumpants on here who will jump to conclusions and start spewing idiocy due to your inability to control your own brain. Next time, try this: When you start feeling yourself becoming unhinged and ready to post all your copy and paste bullsh*t you post in every other thread, slow down for a second and think “Is posting the same drivel over and over going to help my argument? I know right now I REALLY want to post my shtick because I really hate Donald Trump but is this how I should go about it? I haven’t made it through the full OP yet, I haven’t really read what the OP stated....” Right then is when you should stop and re-read something.

“The OP is a Trump stooge”....GTFO, you CLEARLY have not read a SINGLE one of my posts.

Have a good weekend and try not to hurt yourself walking into walls or falling over while strapping up your velcro shoes.
edit on 4-9-2020 by Drucifer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Trump’s “failure to call on his supporters to stop seeking conflict?” #ing BIDEN said this. OP, do you not realize that Biden is blaming Trump for EXACTLY what he himself has failed to do? Trump supporters were not out rioting these past 100 days. It has been BLM and ANTIFA, parts of the Democratic party, who have been rioting. Biden has refused to tell his party to stop looting and murdering, and his VP has been on video ENCOURAGING IT.

Do you not see this?

How can you not see this?

You might want to go back and read what *I* wrote instead of getting all up in arms over absolutely nothing to do with me.

IDGAF about either of the two bullsh*t parties. They're all f*cking liars and scrambling for political points at the expense of America's citizens. I want nothing to do with that filth and if you would have resisted foaming at the mouth and hitting the Reply button, you might have seen that.

I’m sorry, man- I was wrong. I didn’t see the rest of your OP- all iI saw was the quotes you had shared. I must have skipped over it because I didn’t reply until I had read a few more comments by others. Doesn’t matter why- I apologize. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

(I’m probably gonna keep foaming at the mouth, though. I’ve straight up had it with the stupidity. But I’ll be sure not to foam at the mouth and direct it at you 👍🏻)

All good! I’ve gotten it from both sides in this thread!
Which is just another supporting reason of why I can’t stand this right vs. left bullsh*t. At least you admitted you only got so far in before posting. I have the feeling jtma508 is just going to keep spewing forth idiocy like he’s reenacting the Exorcist.

Save the foam for a real fire, none of this back and forth accounts for anything and ya might need it for something legitimate someday.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join