It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally some disavowing from the left

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

Biden did denounce he rioting a few times in May - July but has recently been silent since then - he seems to have forgotten what he originally said as it's almost verbatim in this Article in May.

Protesting such brutality is right and necessary. It’s an utterly American response. But burning down communities and needless destruction is not. Violence that endangers lives is not. Violence that guts and shutters businesses that serve the community is not.

The act of protesting should never be allowed to overshadow the reason we protest. It should not drive people away from the just cause that protest is meant to advance.

Biden op-ed

Only this time he politicised it more and pin the rioters actions on Trump.
edit on 3-9-2020 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: network dude

She said the riots won't stop AND THEY SHOULD NOT.

The topic being discussed was "protests", not riots.

The words are interchangeable now. Like assault rifle, and semi-automatic. Like fascist and antifascist, like democrat and racist moron.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

From the YouTube transcript:
00:00
clear that i know that there are
00:01
protests still happening in major cities
00:03
across the united states i'm just not
00:04
seeing the reporting on it that i
00:06
that i had that's right for the first
00:07
few weeks um but they're not
00:10
they're not gonna stop and that's
00:11
they're not this is a movement i'm
00:13
telling you
00:14
they're not gonna stop and and everyone

you are cute. Like that little puppy who isn't sure why pissing on the floor is bad.
Well, when the lights go out, your "protests" seem to turn into "riots". When "protesters" bring bats and rocks, they aren't really protesters.

But I think you knew that.

But for the record, until the light go out and the privileged kids start to tantrum, the protests are fully protected under the constitution. The founders just forgot the part about looting and burning.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Trump’s “failure to call on his supporters to stop seeking conflict?” #ing BIDEN said this. OP, do you not realize that Biden is blaming Trump for EXACTLY what he himself has failed to do? Trump supporters were not out rioting these past 100 days. It has been BLM and ANTIFA, parts of the Democratic party, who have been rioting. Biden has refused to tell his party to stop looting and murdering, and his VP has been on video ENCOURAGING IT.

Do you not see this?

How can you not see this?

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

From the YouTube transcript:
00:00
clear that i know that there are
00:01
protests still happening in major cities
00:03
across the united states i'm just not
00:04
seeing the reporting on it that i
00:06
that i had that's right for the first
00:07
few weeks um but they're not
00:10
they're not gonna stop and that's
00:11
they're not this is a movement i'm
00:13
telling you
00:14
they're not gonna stop and and everyone

you are cute. Like that little puppy who isn't sure why pissing on the floor is bad.
Well, when the lights go out, your "protests" seem to turn into "riots". When "protesters" bring bats and rocks, they aren't really protesters.

But I think you knew that.

But for the record, until the light go out and the privileged kids start to tantrum, the protests are fully protected under the constitution. The founders just forgot the part about looting and burning.

In the context of rioting/protesting I only have one thing to say-

At the start of all of this, I saw protesters stand between local businesses and looters in Miami and defend the businesses. It's a damn shame the legit protesters couldn't keep that momentum going. It's also interesting to me that between Broward and Dade counties, both Democrat run counties, we've had no other riots or looting. There were a couple flare ups at the very start and I don't know if it was protester intervention or police intervention that quelled it. Regardless, we've had nothing down here since the first 2 weeks after Floyd's death. Thankfully.

Think of how powerful of a movement the protests would have become if the protesters shut down looting in every city. It's a damn shame it was allowed to turn into what it became.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

You forgot about BAMN.
They are not stupid.
They are the enemy.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Trump’s “failure to call on his supporters to stop seeking conflict?” #ing BIDEN said this. OP, do you not realize that Biden is blaming Trump for EXACTLY what he himself has failed to do? Trump supporters were not out rioting these past 100 days. It has been BLM and ANTIFA, parts of the Democratic party, who have been rioting. Biden has refused to tell his party to stop looting and murdering, and his VP has been on video ENCOURAGING IT.

Do you not see this?

How can you not see this?

You might want to go back and read what *I* wrote instead of getting all up in arms over absolutely nothing to do with me.

IDGAF about either of the two bullsh*t parties. They're all f*cking liars and scrambling for political points at the expense of America's citizens. I want nothing to do with that filth and if you would have resisted foaming at the mouth and hitting the Reply button, you might have seen that.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   

It’s from PCU. Show me where the campus is.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

It’s from PCU. Show me where the campus is.

You sir, win ATS for today!

Even better, you're a guitarist and can surely dig the fact that Steve Vai wrote the score for that movie. All those chase scenes have Vai tearing it up underneath them!

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   

You know I know this 👍

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

And encino man and crossroads.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   

And encino man and crossroads.

And one of the Bill And Ted movies.

This has been my main git-fiddle for 23 years. I was a MASSIVE Vai fanboy in high school and while I don't listen to his music as much these days, him and David Gilmour will always be my two favorite guitarists.

imgur.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Hell yeah! The jem! I still remember the first time I saw the audience is listening on mtv.
I got a tele a strat a four les Paul’s and the Jimi Hendrix flyin V (number 314 of 400)
And a prs. I’m getting myself the slash appetiteburst next month for my 40th birthday.
Hit me up in 25 years if you wanna buy some vintage Gibson’s in good condition!

Oh and a real Dobro! Willie Mae would be pissed if I left her out.
edit on 3-9-2020 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

He thinks we still listen to record players

Hey!!! don't knock record players!! it a better way to listen

That's all..carry on!

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
will hiden biden or Democrats disavow the modern day Weather Underground ? SDS - Students for a Democratic Society

Scroll a bit there .... eye opener ...

I don't think So - Cuz that is his/their base ..... Support a Democrat and you support Marxists Values ... Jussie sayin
Fact Check me here

The Weather Underground, originally known as Weatherman, evolved from the Third World Marxists, a faction within Students for a Democratic Society (SDS), the major national organization representing the burgeoning New Left in the late 1960s. Members of the Weather Underground sought to advance communism through violent revolution, and the group called on America’s youth to create a rearguard action against the U.S. government that would bring about its downfall....

edit on 932020 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I’ve heard that a brand new Vinyl sounds better than cd but it was always an unorthodox and expensive way to listen to music. I probably would’ve burned through 100 copies of appetite for destruction by now

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

a reply to: vonclod

I’ve heard that a brand new Vinyl sounds better than cd but it was always an unorthodox and expensive way to listen to music. I probably would’ve burned through 100 copies of appetite for destruction by now

The thing with modern vinyl is that it's still mixed and mastered like modern music and they just transfer it to vinyl. While it certainly doesn't sound bad, it's not quite the same as back in the day when they were mixing and mastering specifically for vinyl. With today's ultra-clear recording ability, you might gain a little warmth/smoother high end, but it'll entirely be dependent on how well your system reproduces it.

Also, killer collection of guitars! I just bought my 2nd Strat a couple weeks ago as I'm in the middle of re-fretting my older Strat and I got lazy/impatient and really wanted to play a Strat, so when a Classic 50's popped up for $300 I couldn't say no. I don't currently own any Gibsons, but I WILL own a Silverburst Custom within the next couple of years. I'm also a big Explorer fan. Out of the 12 I currently have, it's 3 Ibanez and a mish-mash of everything else, Fender, EBMM, Jackson, Warwick.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MetalThunder
will hiden biden or Democrats disavow the modern day Weather Underground ? SDS - Students for a Democratic Society

Scroll a bit there .... eye opener ...

I don't think So - Cuz that is his/their base ..... Support a Democrat and you support Marxists Values ... Jussie sayin
Fact Check me here

The Weather Underground, originally known as Weatherman, evolved from the Third World Marxists, a faction within Students for a Democratic Society (SDS), the major national organization representing the burgeoning New Left in the late 1960s. Members of the Weather Underground sought to advance communism through violent revolution, and the group called on America’s youth to create a rearguard action against the U.S. government that would bring about its downfall....

Well, if they're being violent dumbasses, I think he already covered it, but feel free to tweet him to ask and surely one of his handler's can relay the question.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   
the center must hold.
it is not held by centrists.
only the tension from either end.
pull too hard and it can snap.
edit on 0000009020392America/Chicago03 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   
nothing like good ol' biden chivalry backtracking to trump hating.

We must condemn violence! Orange man bad!

<< 1    3 >>

join