It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally some disavowing from the left

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   
This only took 3 months...

The deadly violence we saw overnight in Portland is unacceptable. Shooting in the streets of a great American city is unacceptable. I condemn this violence unequivocally. I condemn violence of every kind by any one, whether on the left or the right. And I challenge Donald Trump to do the same. It does not matter if you find the political views of your opponents abhorrent, any loss of life is a tragedy. Today there is another family grieving in America, and Jill and I offer our deepest condolences.

We must not become a country at war with ourselves. A country that accepts the killing of fellow Americans who do not agree with you. A country that vows vengeance toward one another. But that is the America that President Trump wants us to be, the America he believes we are.

As a country, we must condemn the incitement of hate and resentment that led to this deadly clash. It is not a peaceful protest when you go out spoiling for a fight. What does President Trump think will happen when he continues to insist on fanning the flames of hate and division in our society and using the politics of fear to whip up his supporters? He is recklessly encouraging violence. He may believe tweeting about law and order makes him strong – but his failure to call on his supporters to stop seeking conflict shows just how weak he is. He may think that war in our streets is good for his reelection chances, but that is not presidential leadership–or even basic human compassion.

The job of a President is to lower the temperature. To bring people who disagree with one another together. To make life better for all Americans, not just those who agree with us, support us, or vote for us. Donald Trump has been president for almost four years. The temperature in the country is higher, tensions run stronger, divisions run deeper. And all of us are less safe because Donald Trump can’t do the job of the American president.

joebiden.com...#

From the ole’ Twitter-

The deadly violence we saw overnight in Portland is unacceptable. Shooting in the streets of a great American city is unacceptable. I condemn violence of every kind by anyone, whether on the left or the right. And I challenge Donald Trump to do the same.

twitter.com...

And from Kamala-

I join @JoeBiden in condemning this violence. This can not—and must not—be who we are. Americans deserve a president who will heal our country and bring people together—not fan the flames of hate and division.

twitter.com...

At this point, I’m honestly surprised they did this. I first saw it in the form of an ad on YouTube where the script could have been right from a Trump ad (or any conservative/Republican) just with the names switched around, as it ended with some bible talk and scripture. That’s a double whammy from the left; denouncing the violence AND adding in some Christian values.

Until now, I honestly believed they were just going to run with ignoring the violence and not making a peep about it. Clearly they started seeing how much their lack of attention to it was hurting their chances.

And before ya’ll get excited and start busting out your ATS-engraved pitchforks, IDGAF about either side in the battle for 2020. I’m proudly not voting for Biden or Trump and am more than happy to “throw my vote away” to a third party. Democrats will tell you a vote for a 3rd party is a vote for Trump, Republicans will tell you a vote for a 3rd party is a vote for Biden. To them, I say “blow me where the pampers is.” (Bonus points for whoever can name the movie that line is from).
edit on 3-9-2020 by Drucifer because: They’re, their, there, duh.

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

that's a stark contrast from what Harris just said on Colbert:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

She said the riots won't stop AND THEY SHOULD NOT. Now she want's us to believe she is against them?
I can't believe she would flip flop on something like this.......Oh wait, sure I can.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   
How pathetic.

After months of fanning the flames.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   

The left noticed the poll numbers are not shifting their way and realized that people don't want their town to be on fire.

It also shows that as network dude stated biden and Harris are not of like mind and she was only chosen because of demographics.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Does Kamala know she just said she supports the riots the other day in an interview and that they shouldn't stop? Democrats have no shame, but I guess it's not needed when their supporters believe everything their MSM handlers tell them. Even if it's the exact opposite of what they just said.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Joe , is that you ?

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

The left noticed the poll numbers are not shifting their way and realized that people don't want their town to be on fire.

It also shows that as network dude stated biden and Harris are not of like mind and she was only chosen because of demographics.

For sure. Campaign managers are going to be telling Kamala now, “Put on your DA pants for a little while and start denouncing the violence.”

All in all, I’m a pragmatic guy and while I really find both parties to be intolerable, I want the violence and looting DONE with. If these idiots (all involved) from each side can agree on one thing, I’ll take it.

Now it’ll be very interesting to see how this plays out with both parties disavowing it. Are these idiot mayors going to climb aboard the disavow ship and actually let the police do something? I was anticipating the rioting to last right up until after the votes are counted, which is still possible, however, if there is no action being taken between now and then, it’s all going to look like empty words. Democrat mayors, I would assume, are going to want to align themselves with Biden/Harris.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
They hate police, hate the National Guard and support organizations that bail out anarchists. They died on this hill. It's over so pick up the dead and retreat. There are other hills but this is lost an can not be re-taken. He owns the high ground on law enforcement.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
They hate police, hate the National Guard and support organizations that bail out anarchists. They died on this hill. It's over so pick up the dead and retreat. There are other hills but this is lost an can not be re-taken. He owns the high ground on law enforcement.

Oh come on, silly, you know they’ll eat their own in order to get ahead, even if they need to eat some of their own words with it. They spent months putting all the blame on Trump and now that they’re disavowing it, watch their blame shift from Trump to the mayors.

Democrat mayors are now standing around going “Uh....wait...I thought....uh...so do I tell the police to step up or....?”

Nancy Pelosi is at a podium somewhere saying “Mmmmmzzzzullll andzzz mmmmhhmmmuuu”, which put through the Drunk Translator 2.0 comes out as “Donald Trump has let this violence go on for too long and we ask that mayors in these beautiful cities contact us so we can find a peaceful resolution to all this anger and we will help you every step of the way.”

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Joe , is that you ?

“I’m Joe Biden and I’m here to say, if you ain’t gotta hymen you ain’t for Joe Biden”

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   

They are not disavowing the violence, thy are clearly (from thier words) simply blaming someone else. In this case the sitting President.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer

Joe , is that you ?

“I’m Joe Biden and I’m here to say, if you ain’t gotta hymen you ain’t for Joe Biden”

So, you are Bo Jivin and you appease that message ?

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos

They are not disavowing the violence, thy are clearly (from thier words) simply blaming someone else. In this case the sitting President.

To be fair, they’re doing both. Can’t let a crisis go to waste, my good man!

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   
So after months of defending and denying the looting and rioting (at the same time too), the Democrats now expect people to automatically believe their words all of a sudden LOL 🤣🤣🤣🤣

After months of turning offenders loose on the streets after "arrests" they expect civil obedience all of a sudden LOL 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Never trust Democrats for anything. They turn on people like rabid infected dogs and yet people still believe 🤣🤣🤣🤣

After months of rejecting Federal assistance ?? ROFLOL 🤣🤣🤣🤣

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   

At this point, I’m honestly surprised they did this. I first saw it in the form of an ad on YouTube where the script could have been right from a Trump ad (or any conservative/Republican) just with the names switched around, as it ended with some bible talk and scripture. That’s a double whammy from the left; denouncing the violence AND adding in some Christian values.

Well Biden is a well known plagiarizer and he has been making proposals that are identical to Trump policies as well.

He's all on par for his own private little course isn't he LOL

His writers must be bat crap crazy too roflol 🤣🤣🤣

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Joe , is that you ?

No, I’m over here.
Who am I kidding. Joe doesn’t know how to use the internet. He thinks we still listen to record players and go to sock hops.
I do share a birthday with a very popular Clinton around here though, for what it’s worth.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

that's a stark contrast from what Harris just said on Colbert:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

She said the riots won't stop AND THEY SHOULD NOT. Now she want's us to believe she is against them?
I can't believe she would flip flop on something like this.......Oh wait, sure I can.

Where have I seen this before?

Probably just due to ‘some sort of rays’ from her new android.

# 1152
edit on 3-9-2020 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Well Biden is a well known plagiarizer and he has been making proposals that are identical to Trump policies as well.

He's all on par for his own private little course isn't he LOL

His writers must be bat crap crazy too roflol 🤣🤣🤣

His writers are probably sitting around laughing their asses off.

Often times I’m reminded that we’re not too far off from the Middle Ages, where people were fickle and would be willing to change their stance at the drop of a hat, depending on what they were told and by who.

I think we’ve reached a time where even the majority of left-leaning voters know the Democrats are full of sh*t, but will deal with it as long as they’re both in agreement that they want Trump out.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

Joe , is that you ?

No, I’m over here.
Who am I kidding. Joe doesn’t know how to use the internet. He thinks we still listen to record players and go to sock hops.
I do share a birthday with a very popular Clinton around here though, for what it’s worth.

::snaps fingers to a beat while leaning against a wall, hair slicked back, one leg bent with a foot resting on the wall::

You watch your tone there, dog faced pony solider. You greasers are going to get a pop in the mouth from us Socs and when we’re done roughin’ you fellas up, we’re goin’ to the malt shoppe where we’re going to have a dance off with the Jets and the Sharks.
edit on 3-9-2020 by Drucifer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

She said the riots won't stop AND THEY SHOULD NOT.

The topic being discussed was "protests", not riots.

From the YouTube transcript:
00:00
clear that i know that there are
00:01
protests still happening in major cities
00:03
across the united states i'm just not
00:04
seeing the reporting on it that i
00:06
that i had that's right for the first
00:07
few weeks um but they're not
00:10
they're not gonna stop and that's
00:11
they're not this is a movement i'm
00:13
telling you
00:14
they're not gonna stop and and everyone

edit on 3-9-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join