It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eyes on the skies: SkyDrive plans to launch flying cars in three years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Hello ATS. I have another flying car video to share. I know..."ANOTHER Flying Car Video, Lostbook?" Yes, ATS. Another flying car video. This one is a bit different, however, this one shows how the cars will work in a real world application.. I think it's pretty cool.

What says ATS? Inspired or meh?

www.youtube.com...=share
edit on 2-9-2020 by lostbook because: paragraph edit

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

they say alot of things.

You won't see till 2050. There is a reason why we still trying to master lower earth orbit .

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   
cool, as a seasoned pilot.......flying is not inherently safe and life seems to seek folly and throw problems....I swear life proves ya when ya get a new technology

I want one

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   
This will elevate the high from cannabis to new heights....but of course every buzz seems to crash sooner or later.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Concept is pretty cool. They might be good for cities.
The biggest problem with these concept air cars is they tend to be terrible at both functions.
On road driving and flying performance.
Most are battery powered with low speeds and ranges.
Air traffic is already crowded. Especially around busy cities and airports.
It would have to be completely automated. People are too stupid, or won't learn the regulations to be safe.
My biggest issue with these craft is glide slope, or lack thereof.
A plane can glide for a long distance with no power, helping you find a safe landing spot.
These just drop and explode in a toxic, fiery lithium, melting epoxy coffin.
Imo...it's good to stick to tried and true aircraft with wings and thousands of hours sorting mechanical problems and tuning flight characteristics in odd situations.
All this would need to be addressed before I flew one.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Looks great but they'll be out of reach of most peoples cashflow to begin with and a good few years after...

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   

My Father and his father were both promised these!

IDK sure hope to see it reality before I pass on!

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: seedofchucky

they say alot of things.

You won't see till 2050. There is a reason why we still trying to master lower earth orbit .

What happens in 30 years other than I am really old by then?

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

they say alot of things.

The Moller Skycar Company told us back in in the late 1990s that it would be happening real soon! Of course, they were also sued for making unsubstantiated claims to investors.

They even had a real car designed. All it needed was an engine to provide the lifting and moving thrusts, but those were just pesky little details.

edit on 9/4/2020 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

they say alot of things.

The Moller Skycar Company told us back in in the late 1990s that it would be happening real soon! Of course, they were also sued for making unsubstantiated claims to investors.

They even had a real car designed. All it needed was an engine to provide the lifting and moving thrusts, but those were just pesky little details.

The skycar is a big disappointment

top topics

join