It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another one bites the dust - Stolen History website now gone

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
a reply to: stonerwilliam

never seen site before, nice to see somethig different..............but...............this thread

1911 trams without cables

has the poster not heard of.....trains????

Interesting the 3 tracks in the road might have something to do with it but what i did notice was how many Right hand drive cars were in New york !

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
Hasn't anyone watched "The Fifth Element"?

Quite possibly one of the greatest movies ever made

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Interesting the 3 tracks in the road might have something to do with it but what i did notice was how many Right hand drive cars were in New york !

that's right, electrified third rail / live rail. they have them in the subway now.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

that's right, electrified third rail / live rail. they have them in the subway now.

I do remember seeing something about that in a documentary years ago pretty dangerous too if you had a penny farthing or a horse on a wet day with metal shoes .

There was some fantastic old photographs on the old site really mind blowing buildings of the past that were torn down and forgotten about i hope the new site is as good as the old

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

The trolley/traction lines pictured in those videos actually used a 4 rail system, there was a feed rail and a return rail in a vault under the street that the electric brushes contacted for power.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It is shocking how many tram rails were ripped up in the past after pressure from the oil companies and just to replace a few miles of it in Edinburgh Scotland was a billion pounds

www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com...

And it took years longer than planned just like the new HS2 rail project underway in England just started and way over budget

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
It is shocking how many tram rails were ripped up in the past after pressure from the oil companies and just to replace a few miles of it in Edinburgh Scotland was a billion pounds

In New York City it was mostly owing to Robert Moses who was not an advocate for mass transit and was for building highways as the primary means of growth and movement in the City.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join