It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan Governor in the News Again ...2 New Lawsuits

page: 1

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
So, it's been awhile since I posted about doings in Michigan involving our Dear Leader.
Ms. Whitmer is being sued...AGAIN, this time in Federal Court by the Thomas More Society.

pair of lawsuits filed against top-ranking state executives in Michigan seek to challenge the recent policies the two Democrats have put in place as part of their efforts to mitigate the coronavirus outbreak there.

The suits, filed by the Thomas More Society on behalf of several Michigan plaintiffs, argue that Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer and Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson have, respectively, suppressed political speech and unlawfully altered the state's absentee voting system, according to a press release from the Thomas More Society.

justthenews.com...

The first suit is bad enough, stifling free speech, even when allowing leftist protests across Michigan:

One of the suits, filed in federal court, seeks to challenge several COVID-19 restrictions Whitmer has imposed via executive order on the state, namely limits on both indoor and outdoor gatherings; specifically, Whitmer has banned indoor gatherings that exceed 10 individuals and outdoor gatherings than exceed 100.

Those limits apply to any sort of gathering regardless of its purpose, but the nonprofits Election Integrity Fund and One Nation Michigan argue that Whitmer's order functions as an abridgment of their right to free speech and assembly under the U.S. Constitution.

The second lawsuit, and the scarier one IMHO, allows applications for voting to be allowed, even if signatures are not verified.

Benson's office in June launched an online application portal where Michiganders can apply for a mail-in ballot using their driver's license and part of their social security number.

Glad to hear that the Thomas More Society is on the side of Freedom in Michigan.

tennesseestar

They “point to Whitmer’s threat of jail time for those seeking to host political rallies and election irregularities in Wayne County during the August 4 primary as justification for the suits.”

www.mlive.com...

edit on Wed Sep 2 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Sep 2 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   
She is Busy ... er ... or at least her legal counsel is ! As she is still dragging feet on Nursing homes -

Family members of COVID-19 victim sue Michigan nursing home that didn't allow staff to wear masks

.....Williams, his stepfather and his brother sued the nursing home. So did three former employees, all certified nursing assistants, who contracted the virus and alleged the nursing home refused to test residents or staff, to let employees stay home unless they had a fever and to allow employees to wear masks or PPE during the initial weeks after the pandemic hit Michigan in mid-March......

Gov. Whitmer receives report with recommendations for nursing home safety

GET This lol

CHRT's preliminary data shows:

No significant evidence of transmission of COVID-19 between patients admitted from hospitals to nursing home residents in hub facilities.

talk about slow walking ....

then this The Most Important Coronavirus Statistic: 42% Of U.S. Deaths Are From 0.6% Of The Population

Nursing homes and assisted living facilities: The #1 COVID problem

What ? - Confused ? LoL just the way these people roll .....

edit on 922020 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

The first one....really? And that was allowed?
Even before the plandemic, workers should have been wearing masks around compromised residents..

That second link sounds like some real bureaucratic B.S. to me.
SMH

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   
She's going to be speaking at 2:30 today, probably to call for more lockdowns since two counties have had increases thanks to idiot college kids.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Heres Hoping this gets rolling Q uick !

State Board Considers Another Petition To Recall Gov. Whitmer - SEPTEMBER 02, 2020 - 10:16 AM

Petition language is being considered by the state Board of Canvassers in Lansing today in another recall campaign against the governor.

Jim Makowski, with the group GAGE (Guarding Against Government Excess) wants Gov. Gretchen Whitmer and others in state government recalled because of executive orders dealing with longterm care facilities in Michigan. .......

An earlier effort to recall Whitmer focused on the closure of businesses was approved by the Board; and a third, focused on the governor's stay-home order, was denied due to a lack of specificity and some factual errors.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
She's going to be speaking at 2:30 today, probably to call for more lockdowns since two counties have had increases thanks to idiot college kids.

I expect a nothing burger.
Certainly not a lockdown.
Rumors are nothing on local economies, like opening bars and gyms until after Labor Day.
Other rumors this will be some B.S. about economic development...which would not have been needed if she had not locked own the state so damn tightly for so long.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I'm in one of 'em, whoopie do. Most people are leaning toward Miss Bossyass doing exactly that again, but she has no public support left other than the screwed up diehards that really should get some legit damn therapy and stop being afraid of their own shadows anyway.

She can call for lockdowns all her dictatorial ass wants, we're (as a state) still going to snub it. Like my dad said, "Give me liberty, or give me death -- it not just some hollow phrase." At nearly 80, I think he's lived plenty long enough to suss out when that is in danger as a right.
edit on 9/2/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/2/2020 by Nyiah because: Ok, enough typos dammit

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

I'm in one of 'em, whoopie do.

You're one of what?

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Will Michigan voters in November stay with the dems or shift towards trump?
Has she hurt the dems or just her own chances to be reelected?

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I'm in one of 'em, whoopie do.

You're one of what?

IN one, not am one. In Kent County, with "rising" positive tests for college kids. I didn't think that was particularly muddled, but I guess it was? Sorry about that

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Will Michigan voters in November stay with the dems or shift towards trump?

Trump. This state is going red by a bigger margin this time, hands down.

Has she hurt the dems or just her own chances to be reelected?

Objectively speaking, she's screwed herself foremost. Guilt by association isn't the best rule of thumb to go by, but it HAS negatively impacted the public's views overall of Democratic politicians in state. "Once bitten, twice shy", more or less. So much so that they are using two telling phrases to campaign on -- "Run like we're behind, work like we're behind". Well, no need to act like it, you ARE trailing. And "Ignore the polls", that's a good BSing line to hoodwink folks with. You don't need to actively campaign to ignore them, unless you know it's a futile battle. Most folks have picked up on those, and left-end political flavors see that writing on the wall.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Sorry, I read that wrong. Isabella County (Central Michigan University) has something like 178 cases now thanks to the dumbass partiers that can't use common sense.

I missed the first little bit of her speech but I caught the "mandated masks until a vaccine is available" BS. Uh uh... not going to happen Gretch. You may think it will but that won't fly. She's again begging for help from the Fed while stonewalling the information they want from her regarding all the nursing home deaths.

I really, really hope that second recall attempt gets underway soon. I'm a life-long resident and I haven't seen anyone as bad as her so far. I thought Granholm was bad... well, she was, but Whitmer is working very hard to exceed Granholm's pathetic failures.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Considering she gave the finger yet AGAIN to businesses Her Royal Hine-ass decreed as not being deserving of making a living 6 months later still, getting to addressing it later in the week, or weeks from now, that. will. not. fly. either. These people are being treated as sacrificial lambs for the "cause" that no one is buying anymore. Nobody with a conscience thinks this is ok -- a handful of screeching harpies from her fanbois & fangirls brigade might be stupid enough to, but the rest of us are seeing a major state economy collapse looming if she keeps up her # through autumn, let alone holiday season. A lot of these businesses are in the "Last Gasps" stage. She's #ing the whole state over to be a smug prick. They won't forget that in November.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Considering she gave the finger yet AGAIN to businesses Her Royal Hine-ass decreed as not being deserving of making a living 6 months later still, getting to addressing it later in the week, or weeks from now, that. will. not. fly. either. These people are being treated as sacrificial lambs for the "cause" that no one is buying anymore. Nobody with a conscience thinks this is ok -- a handful of screeching harpies from her fanbois & fangirls brigade might be stupid enough to, but the rest of us are seeing a major state economy collapse looming if she keeps up her # through autumn, let alone holiday season. A lot of these businesses are in the "Last Gasps" stage. She's #ing the whole state over to be a smug prick. They won't forget that in November.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. She has tons of support on Twitter but that's a fraction of the population of our state. But she's also not up for election this November, she has two more years unless she's recalled. I'm sure you know that, I can't wait for the signature forms to get out. Hopefully the person spear-heading this won't be stupid enough to steal money from the organization and it actually goes through. The Lt. Gov does't seem to me to be anywhere near as corrupt as she is. But even he wasn't born until after I graduated high school so he doesn't have a clue what previous governors did so I don't have much faith that he will be anything other than a Democrat rubber stamp.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Yep, I definitely know that. This is not a governors election year, but senators, congressmen...I think the state's population is certainly going to be making a big statement to Gretchen via them, until we can give her a proper foot-up-the-ass boot from office.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Let's hope That is true.
I still can't believe she got elected, TBH.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   
She got elected because Bill Schutte was a bad candidate for the GOP. He's a swamp-dweller to the core. She had the backing of the DNC and millions more dollars in help to discredit Schutte plus the backing of BCBS.

Looking at the donation charts, I don't understand how the State of Michigan was able to donate to either campaign. Using taxpayer money for political campaigns shouldn't be legal.

join