It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler says he’ll move after protests outside his building

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Portland Mayor Ted Mayor gave notice to the residents of his condo building that it would be best for me and for everyone else’s safety and peace that he move out of the building.

On Monday, Wheeler’s 58th birthday, some in a group of more than 200 graffitied and damaged the building and sidewalk and threw a burning bundle of newspapers into retail space in the building.

Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler says he’s looking for a new place to live after his Pearl District condo building has been the site of repeated demonstrations, including on Monday when crowds demanded he resign and some people set fires and broke windows.

On Saturday night I watched a twitch TV feed on Facebook where the journalist asked various demonstrators where they where headed to. One said the mayor's residence. They ended up at a gas station going after a " nazi" Trump supporter. Honestly it was like watching a Zombi movie of mindless marchers following a speaker on a bullhorn.

Wheeler will have to move underground, or out of state. Probable best to step down.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: fernalley

Portland Mayor Ted Mayor gave notice to the residents of his condo building that it would be best for me and for everyone else’s safety and peace that he move out of the building.

On Monday, Wheeler’s 58th birthday, some in a group of more than 200 graffitied and damaged the building and sidewalk and threw a burning bundle of newspapers into retail space in the building.

Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler says he’s looking for a new place to live after his Pearl District condo building has been the site of repeated demonstrations, including on Monday when crowds demanded he resign and some people set fires and broke windows.

On Saturday night I watched a twitch TV feed on Facebook where the journalist asked various demonstrators where they where headed to. One said the mayor's residence. They ended up at a gas station going after a " nazi" Trump supporter. Honestly it was like watching a Zombi movie of mindless marchers following a speaker on a bullhorn.

Wheeler will have to move underground, or out of state. Probable best to step down.

It is funny watching liberal politicians get bitten by the Frankenstein social justice mob they created...

You'd think a lot of these folks would be getting red pilled but liberals aren't known for being able to connect dots very well.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: fernalley

What a gutless moron.

Talk about fuel the powertrip of the mob, (or maybe thats the hidden plan) may as well just give then free reign and the keys to the city.

They'll still torch the place as it was his residence. So much for "everyone else's safety"

Should have just cordoned of the building and placed national guard centuries.

Gutless wonder.
edit on 2-9-2020 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
link   

DNC Leaders: Burn it down, burn it ALL down!

*bLM makes it to these leaders neighborhoods*

DNC Leaders: This violence is out of control, I'm getting the hell out of here and trust me, it's only for all of you guys. That's why I'm leaving.

link   
WHAT !!

He should stay and fight !!

roflol 😃

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

what i dont understand about ALLLLL of these protesters that have a MAJOR problem with America is if they hate it here so much than why not just move somewhere that they would be happy.

it would be a win win for everyone. Maybe the government could pay people for their passports and help them get citizenship somewhere else and the people can use the governments money for their ticket and a month or two of rent.

or setup an island near US Pacific territories and move all the protesters there and they can make their own US territory that they can run as they see fit, it would go Lord of the Fly's so fast

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Wait a minute. About what are these mindless toddlers upset with him? He’s on their criminal side. They’ve had absolutely no interference or hinderance in their criminal looting and rioting and arson and destruction and intimidation and murder. He hasn’t and won’t jail any of these criminals. What the hell?

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

it would be best for me and for everyone else’s safety and peace that he move out of the building

Mayor, it would be best for your and everyone else's safety if you work to end the violence in your town. How can you be so blind?

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Yes, great idea maybe we could relocate them all to Venezuela. Hmmm, pretty sure somebody thought of that all ready.

I’M LOOKING AT YOU, LINCOLN!
edit on 2-9-2020 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: Spelt poor

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Outstanding Thread! Bumped into at least low Earth orbit.
I could hope.
I believe as a modern-day screenwriter for the Mary Shelly disaster,
he ought to stick around for the last reel: and live the part he wanted.
You STAY, Ted... be the modern Prometheus' PROPER daddy.

In fact after this I'll be callin' him Gramps instead of Mayor. Get
the kids all pumped up on Sunday and split right after dessert?
COME BACK HERE!!

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

what i dont understand about ALLLLL of these protesters that have a MAJOR problem with America is if they hate it here so much than why not just move somewhere that they would be happy.

it would be a win win for everyone. Maybe the government could pay people for their passports and help them get citizenship somewhere else and the people can use the governments money for their ticket and a month or two of rent.

or setup an island near US Pacific territories and move all the protesters there and they can make their own US territory that they can run as they see fit, it would go Lord of the Fly's so fast

Or give them the west coast and let them govern their own. What I wouldn't pay to see that. There could be a PPV livestream and it probably wouldn't last longer than a week.

But in reality, they don't want to leave America. They only want to cause chaos and it's not because they hate it here. I think they just want to make it like a jungle.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
What a clown.. or you could do your job tell the police to do theirs, ask the governor to do his and dump that useless DA so they can actually prosecute.

Nope instead appease and run away, yea that always turns out well.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Wait a minute. About what are these mindless toddlers upset with him? He’s on their criminal side. They’ve had absolutely no interference or hinderance in their criminal looting and rioting and arson and destruction and intimidation and murder. He hasn’t and won’t jail any of these criminals. What the hell?

In my opinion they're bored. The rioting and looting was fun at first but they need new meat so now they turn on their own because they're not going to go to a red city and stir the pot, they'll get pummeled. Apologies in advance for my language in the presence of a lady, but they're pussies. Plain and simple.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

But in reality, they don't want to leave America. They only want to cause chaos and it's not because they hate it here. I think they just want to make it like a jungle.

The funny thing is, they think they'd be at the top of the food chain if that "jungle" became the way of things. Somehow...I doubt it.

Most of 'em wouldn't know what to do in that case. They're part time rioters, and full time, in too many cases, basement dwelling children with no conception of the realities of said "jungle".

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

On the recent Joe Rogan podcast with Duncan Trussell they were preaching pro-liberal policies while at the same time talking about how LA was going to # -- how their friends were leaving LA because of those same liberal policies / liberal law enforcement.

They even made the connection themselves, realizing that liberal policies leads to places you don't want to live in, yet they didn't walk back their desire for liberal policies.

They don't want to be responsible and set up policies that safeguard people from getting out of hand and they don't want to clean up areas where safeguards weren't placed. They want freedom without having to pay for it - they're scumbag leeches.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: KansasGirl

In my opinion they're bored. The rioting and looting was fun at first but they need new meat so now they turn on their own because they're not going to go to a red city and stir the pot, they'll get pummeled. Apologies in advance for my language in the presence of a lady, but they're pussies. Plain and simple.

I agree they are pussies. Your language in no way offends me but I very much like the gentlemanly caveat nonetheless! Thank you 😊
edit on 2-9-2020 by KansasGirl because: I hate autocorrect (but I guess not enough to disable it)

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3
Here's the thing..they will never be happy, no matter where they are. My mom used to have a saying, "everywhere I go, here I am". These people cant run away, no matter where they are, they will be looking at themselves in the mirror. No one left to blame. They will then start eating their young.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Best to leave contractions out of your OP title.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
They are emboldened because the Mayor has done nothing about their rioting. Emboldened, so they are going to continue to push and push to show everyone who is really in charge.

That coward Wheeler is not in charge anymore, that's what they are showing us all.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

The protesting thing is now simple fad. The goals and aims are so poorly defined that its hard for any reasonable person to want to affix themselves to it. I think that if you cut through the BS we can all agree that they criminal justice system is lacking in many ways, and im sure we could easily come to some large scale agreements across the board on where adjustments can be made. Stuff like legalizing pot, eliminating mandatory minimums, figuring out how pedo's do less time than thieves and grifters. I don't think many people would stand against that.

But the protests don't have a clear objective. "Defund the police", again, is something that would receive broad public support....depending. Large portions of the right would love to see a few federal agencies disbanded. We would love to see a reduction of military wares in local forces. We would love to see adjustments in community policing like removing "ghost" decals from cars and making all police cruisers easily seen, or eliminating red light cameras and other tricks cities use to raise funds. But if you are saying disband local police departments...you get into crazy land. And if a large portion of the most vocal protesters weren't saying just that, it would be much easier to mitigate the crazy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join