It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon State Police are Federally Deputized

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: SKEPTEK

''Gov Brown sending federally deputized police to Portland to circumvent the DA and allow protest-related charges to stick.''

www.reddit.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Have you guys even watched the feeds coming out of Portland lately?

I have. In fact, I've been watching them for the past 4-5 nights actually and the amount of # these cops, both PPD and OSP have had to endure is disheartening. These ANTIFA #s getting right in their faces, yelling obscenities, lying about events and provoking them into taking action (which doesn't happen) is UNBELIEVABLE!

Couple that with the fact that once they DO make an arrest, these retards are back on the streets within hours, released without bail and once again, on the front lines in front of these cops.

Imagine being in their shoes. Your hands are tied behind your back, being paid 30-40 bucks an hour to take # from these little snot-nosed, entitled, soy-bred beta mother#ers who think they're acting out some real-life COD scenario with no power whatsoever to put and end to it.

I'm fully in support of this action.

Like the clip from Airplane goes (Point...Counterpoint)..."They bought their tickets....they knew what they were getting in to. I say.....Let em crash!"
edit on 2-9-2020 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Biden just said he is against violence...Looting, vandalism etc are not protests and should be prosecuted... So it is now said...I wish Trump would have said that or offered feds to support these poor cities in need.

You are kidding right? You wish Trump would have offered to support these poor cities, You mean by like offering Federal Assistance? Which was denied!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

''Gov Brown sending federally deputized police to Portland to circumvent the DA and allow protest-related charges to stick.''

www.reddit.com...

She wanted to send them BEFORE they were federally deputized and the state police told her to go fudge herself.

I'm sure she probably will rescind the order now that the cops can actually prosecute and jail her Brownshirts.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Tanga36

Expeditiously Excellent.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

I hope this is the beginning of some real action towards restoring order across the U.S.

Biden just said he is against violence...Looting, vandalism etc are not protests and should be prosecuted... So it is now said...I wish Trump would have said that or offered feds to support these poor cities in need.

Why not pile on this deceptively wrong headed posts not so subtle fantasy .....,...

WATCH: Portland Mayor Refuses Federal Help, Then Blames Riots On Trump (VIDEO)

.....Portland, Oregon Mayor Ted Wheeler blamed President Trump for the violent riots after refusing federal help to stop them. He also stated that he does not know how to prevent them.

......Mayor Wheeler stated, “As you know, on two prior occasions, I have asked the governor for the National Guard. She declined in those two circumstances. But we are in communication now. It is my belief that between PPD, the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office and the state police, we have been successfully throughout this in terms of operations when we’re combined and when we’re collaborating. And I’m told by our law enforcement professionals that that is sufficient. Well, I’m not sure how you specifically, operationally can prevent this.”

Wheeler published a letter declining federal aid ‘on behalf of the City of Portland” citing that helping is Trump’s ‘ticket to reelection’.......

edit on 922020 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Funny thing is, the majority of people in Portland seem to be OK with the rioting.

Maybe we should just let that whole city burn and let them kill each other.

If nothing else it'll free up parking spaces and real estate for normal people to do something with.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
OSP troopers federally deputized amid renewed Portland protest response

Link

Oregon State Police troopers responding to the ongoing protest-related unrest in Portland have been federally deputized, state police confirm.

State police tell KOIN 6 News they’re working with the U.S. Attorney’s Office to review arrests made by troopers assigned to Portland for potential prosecution. The troopers assigned to Portland have been cross-deputized by the U.S. Marshals.

The Multnomah County District Attorney Mike Schmidt previously announced his office would presumptively decline to prosecute certain misdemeanor charges stemming from the protests, a move which resulted in criticism from law enforcement agencies, including state police in mid-August.

“OSP is not criticizing any officials and we respect the authority of the [Multnomah County] District Attoney, but to meet the Governor’s charge of bringing violence to an end we will use all lawful methods at our disposal,” an Oregon State Police spokesperson said.

It is unclear at this time whether all arrests made by deputized state police troopers will be prosecuted on a federal level or if assaults on troopers at protests will result in charges of assault on a federal officer. KOIN 6 News has reached out for further clarification.

This is great news. All of those protesters that are caught and released are going to be in for a surprise. No more beating a cop and getting off. No more felons let back on the street like the man who shot another in Portland. That guy should not have been on the street.

From inside the P.D., Federal, local: when all this began?

Word came down to us (responders and l.e.o.'s....)...2 words that are quite telling.

Our officers and others were told "No Misdemeanors"...don't blow up the courts w cases....

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATruGod

You are kidding right? You wish Trump would have offered to support these poor cities, You mean by like offering Federal Assistance? Which was denied!!!

Add to that the officials on the ground in Kenosha begged for the National Guard assistance and their @sshat governor denied it! Trump offered, Kenosha wanted, and Tony Evers DENIED it. Everything in Kenosha falls squarely on the shoulders of the governor in Wisconsin, including the Rittenhouse incident.

And yes, Trump keeps offering National Guard support to Portland and both Wheeler and Brown keep denying it.

Kate Brown did try to marshal extra law enforcement at the state level and from neighboring counties to help in Portland, but because the DA there refuses to prosecute riot related charges, none of those extra law enforcement will go in. They refuse to put themselves on the line if their efforts won't do any good because the arrests are on the streets within hours.

That's why they took this step. They refuse aid from Trump in the form of National Guard, so they have to do this - Federalize the local and state law enforcement to make any offenses against them Federal ones, so the rioters are charged with Federal offenses and go into that level of the justice system. Otherwise the Portland DA will simply refuse to charge and let them go back on the streets.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Just who are her Brownshirts, the rioters? So your position here is that she really didn't want to send in state deputies but pretended to because she knew that it would not blow back on her so much if it was the state police that said ''you can't? But now that they have been federally deputized and they ''can'' be sent in, since she really didn't want to in the first place, she will back off of that?

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Yes her Brownshirts are the BLM / Antifa domestic terrorists.

With the changing of laws, Governor Brown(shirt) knew that the state police she would send in would have to abide by her laws which would release the domestic terrorists right back onto the streets within hours.

Now that the state police are deputized that will not be the case.

Prepare for a ridiculous public statement from Governor Brown(shirt) how she now has changed her mind.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

None of the officials cared about what was happening until the polling started to turn against them.

Now some of them would like to rein it in, but the true radicals aren't on board with that. As far as they're concerned, the revolution has begun. The Portland DA is a radical.

This move is intended to get around him. This is a bit of a breakdown in the Democrat party I think.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Everything in Kenosha falls squarely on the shoulders of the governor in Wisconsin, including the Rittenhouse incident.

Ket, you don't understand.

Informed opinion tells us this ALL the fault of President Trump. I had to re-gear my thinking to realize that our Republic had a POTUS who is the supreme commander of all other politicians in the country, and thus responsible for anything bad that happens, no matter which subordinate politician made the call.

All this makes me wonder how many of these people never attended, or payed attention in, a high school government class.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Trump tried to send in federal help and the city officials denied them.

I am looking past Trump and Biden here and instead looking right at the Democrats in Portland who have been releasing people that the state police have arrested. The Portland shooter was even arrested a few weeks ago on weapons charges and was let go by the Portland DA. Whose fault is this again?

Governor Brown has vindicated herself a little to me by allowing the state police to be federally deputized.

I am coming to the conclusion that Democrats being in charge is a sure way for their municipalities to become a #hole. That's why I live in a red county now. We aren't having the same kinds of problems here as they are in Portland. I left the SF Bay area for the same kinds of reasons. too.

I was wrong to think that it didn't matter if I vote 3rd party. There is a lot on the line after all.

edit on 2 9 2020 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

www.reddit.com...

Where in that does it indicate proof of the claim ?

Hmmm sounds like possible biased planted BS but maybe not.

Need proof 😎🚬

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   
More insite into how Oregon government works.

This is the case of an independent journalist who was documenting ANTIFA/BLM activities, and they decided they didn't want him there. They mobbed him with intent to forcibly remove him/harm him. He merely pulled out his fully legal CC weapon to show them he had it and back them off. It worked.

But out of that, he ended up facing 50 years in prison from the Oregon legal system.

His case is potentially headed to the SCOTUS.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Yeah... the looney tunes domessick terrorists/anarchists finally pushed Trump #45 into the Martial Law bubble

Title: Feds DEPUTIZE Oregon State Troopers . . . Local Prosecutors Now out of the loop over Rioting, Looting and such

NATION: NEWS DESK: 02 SEPTEMBER 2020: halturnerradioshow.com... ng-looting-and-such
~~~~~~~~~~~~

#45 did exactly what the NWO wanted-expected-programmed....

its just beginning to jell into a dictatorship with the perps/masterminds gleeful to the MAX at this preparatory phase
of the 'fundamental Change' of the Constitutional Republic into a bizzarre Technocracy

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Ok. I will look for her to rescind her order to quell the rioting.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Funny thing is, the majority of people in Portland seem to be OK with the rioting.

Maybe we should just let that whole city burn and let them kill each other.

If nothing else it'll free up parking spaces and real estate for normal people to do something with.

Actually in many cases they think the riots are over blown...It all depends on the level of lefty you are. One of my workers who is very left lives down in the middle of it and says he hardly sees anything even though he can't go out at night walking the streets...lol Its like the farther left you go the more you stick your head in the sand. Now people who go more towards the right are highly concern not only with the rioting, but the shear degrading that the cities has been doing for the last 5 years now as homeless fill every nook and cranny and stores started to leave years ago to now everyone is looking at leaving. My other friend said that 5 years ago he had at least 5 coffee shops and a dozen of places to eat within a short walk from his house, now he has none within that short walk.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join