It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon State Police are Federally Deputized

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
OSP troopers federally deputized amid renewed Portland protest response

Link

Oregon State Police troopers responding to the ongoing protest-related unrest in Portland have been federally deputized, state police confirm.

State police tell KOIN 6 News they’re working with the U.S. Attorney’s Office to review arrests made by troopers assigned to Portland for potential prosecution. The troopers assigned to Portland have been cross-deputized by the U.S. Marshals.

The Multnomah County District Attorney Mike Schmidt previously announced his office would presumptively decline to prosecute certain misdemeanor charges stemming from the protests, a move which resulted in criticism from law enforcement agencies, including state police in mid-August.

“OSP is not criticizing any officials and we respect the authority of the [Multnomah County] District Attoney, but to meet the Governor’s charge of bringing violence to an end we will use all lawful methods at our disposal,” an Oregon State Police spokesperson said.

It is unclear at this time whether all arrests made by deputized state police troopers will be prosecuted on a federal level or if assaults on troopers at protests will result in charges of assault on a federal officer. KOIN 6 News has reached out for further clarification.

This is great news. All of those protesters that are caught and released are going to be in for a surprise. No more beating a cop and getting off. No more felons let back on the street like the man who shot another in Portland. That guy should not have been on the street.

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Prepare for bitching from the Antifa mayor Ted Wheeler and the Antifa governor Kate Brown.

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I've personally spoken with some state police folks.

They are sick about this.

They hate going to Portland. It makes them ill just thinking about it.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   
On one hand, it's ABOUT DAMN TIME.

On the other, if anyone thinks attacks on cops aren't going to skyrocket as retribution, you're fooling yourselves. It's about to get damn bloody.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Seems fair to me.

Massive and systemic corruption in the DAs and widespread political infiltration mean arrests are useless since the DAs will let them go without charge.

Send them to the federal prosecutors.

Some would call it treason to not only openly support the destruction of your own country from a position of power, but to act in a way that furthers such a goal. But im not up to date on the progressive left newspeak so i am sure that definition is long superseded.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Sounds like the police have a more direct line for calling in backup, cool.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Hopefully this applies: 18 U.S. Code § 2383 "Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States."

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   
So after all this time, with defund the police, why haven't I heard a defund the governor or mayor?

Defund city council? Why only the police?

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
Hopefully this applies: 18 U.S. Code § 2383 "Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States."

Please do this and arrest the Mayor and Governor

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Actually....the supply of bad Guys is not unlimited.....only the Good Guys have Infinate Ammo......can someone explain exactly what difference it makes when these Civic Employees are Deputized into Federal Employees.....what is the difference between assaulting a Civic LEO and a Federal Agent?

Who gives the orders to Deputized Federal Employees?
Under what Laws will those attacking Federal Employees be held accountable? What additional resources can be called in if Federal Employees are attacked?

I thought Deputizing was something from Cartoons and Western Movies.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nivhk
So after all this time, with defund the police, why haven't I heard a defund the governor or mayor?

Defund city council? Why only the police?

The funny thing is abolishing the police essentially abolishes the power their office as well.

The police are there to enforce the law they passed. Without a means of enforcement, the law is meaningless. With no one to enforce your rule, you have no power.

Of course certain governors and mayors aeem totally ignorant of this very simple fact. Perhaps they believe the mob will enforce their rule, but the mob serves only itself. Look what happened to Ted Wheeler.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Governors have the ability to remove and suspend mayors and councilmen. I don't think we are going to see that here and even if there was a precedent for the Feds you won't.

The shooting in Portland was the end of hoping things will get better. After 90 days on rioting, even if you want to show pretty pictures, this should NOT be happening in the US.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   

There are quite a few liberal lawmakers, and liberal media pundits that can be jailed immediately.

They have done all of the above...

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

I hope this is the beginning of some real action towards restoring order across the U.S.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

There are quite a few liberal lawmakers, and liberal media pundits that can be jailed immediately.

What are we jailing the pundits for?

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

How about inciting violence , or supporting terrorist.

Personally there is a couple of the talking heads i would like to see drug out of their car and treated like that guy in Portland.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2020blows

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

How about inciting violence , or supporting terrorist.

Personally there is a couple of the talking heads i would like to see drug out of their car and treated like that guy in Portland.

Kind of like how the left has said right wing pundits need to be silenced because of "hate" speech?

I wasn't for cancel culture, but how are we supposed to stop if if both sides are for it? Some even advocating going past canceling and imprisoning.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all
I believe the reason for doing this is so that any crime that CAN be turned over to federal prosecutors will be handled by them rather than the local DA.

Since the local DA has declined to hold many of the violent criminals accountable got their actions and even fewer of the ones that have broken minor laws, the feds will be attempting to hold anyone accountable that falls under their jurisdiction. Doing this helps expedite the process of referring to the feds potential criminal charges. Typically, a cop will do the arrest, fill out the initial charges, write up a summary of why those charges and it gets passed to the local DA. In this case, the local DA has been declining to prosecute most offenses and let's them walk and go right back to what they were doing. If not him, the judges have been letting them out of jail without bail or very low bail. All of this happens before the feds even hear about it.

Now, I can only assume, the troopers will be able to arrest individuals and any of them that have broken federal laws, will have their charges immediately passed on to the feds and they will be able to charge them in federal court, thus bypassing the local circus.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

This is great news. All of those protesters that are caught and released are going to be in for a surprise. No more beating a cop and getting off. No more felons let back on the street like the man who shot another in Portland. That guy should not have been on the street.

OMG! Jack boots on the ground again!

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I hope this is the beginning of some real action towards restoring order across the U.S.

Biden just said he is against violence...Looting, vandalism etc are not protests and should be prosecuted... So it is now said...I wish Trump would have said that or offered feds to support these poor cities in need.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join