It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tonawanda residents want a new policy that allows police to accept ‘sexual gratuities’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   
So all over America people are screaming about defunding the police, burning the country down over it etc.

Whelp.....

Meanwhile....

buffalochronicle.com...

Following tawdry rumors over a sexual misconduct allegation against a popular career police officer, Brett Rider, 46, several Town of Tonawanda residents are pushing the Town Board to change its policies to allow officers to receive ‘sexual gratuities’ while on duty.

The policy would not allow officers to request sexual gratuities under any circumstance, but in the event that such a non-monetary gratuity is offered, the officer would not be punished for accepting it, so long as the encounter is less than 15 minutes and the officer declines to take his next scheduled 15 minute break.

The Town of Tonawanda is planning to discuss the possible termination of Rider, a veteran public safety dispatcher, after an internal investigation found he committed misconduct on the job. A resolution that has been prepared to terminate him will be on the agenda for Monday’s Town Board meeting.

In this political environment, with all the horrible things being said about our police officers in the national media, this policy would be a real morale booster,” says Karen, a Tonawanda resident and supporter of the policy change who asked that her last name not be published. She is leading a woman’s group that is lobbying for the new policy, and she is encouraging other supporters of the new policy to join her at Monday’s Town Board Meeting.

it’s widely rumored that Rider is accused of having sexual intercourse with a married woman, age 56, while on duty. The Chronicle is unable to confirm the veracity of rumors that Rider was propositioned by the woman and that several days later her husband learned of the encounter and was displeased.

“The Town Board took this violation of town policy very seriously,” said Tonawanda Supervisor Joseph Emminger, adding he couldn’t say anything more about a personnel matter.

Some of the town cops for reference.

If I get this straight, a cop was caught having sex with a married woman and punished for it, in response, the town is pushing for a law that allows cops to ask for and receive sexual favours, as long as they take no longer than their assigned break time.

Ummmm....that I guess..

I dunno, i'm kind of at a loss for words here.

ETA: Actually just noticed...

this policy would be a real morale booster,” says Karen, a Tonawanda resident and supporter of the policy

Of course it would be someone named Karen...

EDIT AGAIN: Hmmm upon further examination.of this site...I think it's a parody news site...could mods maybe move this to the joke forum or something?
edit on 1/9/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I....I...um...who...Dammit, I don't even know where to go with this one, other than jokes. But nothing I can think of is T & C friendly

Edit: Seriously, still not sure whether to laugh my ass off, or be upset over it. Laughing is probably best anyway, considering the year so far. Just when we think we've seen it all, some town goes, "Hold my beer!"
edit on 9/1/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   
LOL

Thank you I needed a good laugh today, dug.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

These officers will have a powerful advocate in their corner, if Joe Biden wins.

kfax.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Import the 3rd world, become the 3rd world.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

So all over America people are screaming

Don't speak for all Americans...not everybody is screaming and not everyone is angry.
I really dare people to have as much balls as they pretend to have online.

You should really up your game.

edit on 1-9-2020 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

So all over America people are screaming

Don't speak for all Americans...not everybody is screaming and not everyone is angry.
I really dare people to have as much balls as they pretend to have online.

You should really up your game.

Yet you're so angry.

A lot lately.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

These officers will have a powerful advocate in their corner, if Joe Biden wins.

kfax.com...

No they won't and your political jargon is getting old.
Do you not understand it is rigged??
Your political threads have as much weight as an election....get a grip on reality.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   

The article says they cannot ask for sexual favors, but may accept them if offered, as long as they last no longer then 15 minutes.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Funny story.

I think this site is really dry satire of a tabloid.

It's conservative-leaning and is listed as "Fake News".

edit on 1-9-2020 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

NY Gov. Cuomo

And I give 2 craps about him why?

It's conservative-leaning and is listed as "Fake News".

Than leave.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   
15 min breaks? WTF
Id get the union onto that

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Tonawanda, is sortakinda likaboitofa suburb of Buffalo NY, but is sortakinda closer to Niagara-Falls NY.

About 25 years ago or so : there was a scandal involving some city-workers.
Somebody noticed that many city work-trucks, would park in a certain parking lot around noonish, stay there all afternoon, then all leave at the end of the afternoon.

Turns-out there was a trail through a hedge, and a quick hop across the street, to their favorite strip-bar !

One of the horniest areas of the country !! LoL !

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Wait what??? Are they hiring?

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 05:54 AM
link   

"Do you know how fast your were going, ma'am?"

"No, but I do know how fast I'll be going now. 15 minutes."

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Go away then.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
It says they are NOT allowed to ask for it, but should be able to accept when offered.

If the town is willing to legalize prostitution as well?

I'm all for it.
As long as their wives are, if that is the case.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Greatness is at hand!

USA🇺🇸

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
So all over America people are screaming about defunding the police, burning the country down over it etc.

Whelp.....

Meanwhile....

buffalochronicle.com...

Following tawdry rumors over a sexual misconduct allegation against a popular career police officer, Brett Rider, 46, several Town of Tonawanda residents are pushing the Town Board to change its policies to allow officers to receive ‘sexual gratuities’ while on duty.

The policy would not allow officers to request sexual gratuities under any circumstance, but in the event that such a non-monetary gratuity is offered, the officer would not be punished for accepting it, so long as the encounter is less than 15 minutes and the officer declines to take his next scheduled 15 minute break.

The Town of Tonawanda is planning to discuss the possible termination of Rider, a veteran public safety dispatcher, after an internal investigation found he committed misconduct on the job. A resolution that has been prepared to terminate him will be on the agenda for Monday’s Town Board meeting.

In this political environment, with all the horrible things being said about our police officers in the national media, this policy would be a real morale booster,” says Karen, a Tonawanda resident and supporter of the policy change who asked that her last name not be published. She is leading a woman’s group that is lobbying for the new policy, and she is encouraging other supporters of the new policy to join her at Monday’s Town Board Meeting.

it’s widely rumored that Rider is accused of having sexual intercourse with a married woman, age 56, while on duty. The Chronicle is unable to confirm the veracity of rumors that Rider was propositioned by the woman and that several days later her husband learned of the encounter and was displeased.

“The Town Board took this violation of town policy very seriously,” said Tonawanda Supervisor Joseph Emminger, adding he couldn’t say anything more about a personnel matter.

Some of the town cops for reference.

If I get this straight, a cop was caught having sex with a married woman and punished for it, in response, the town is pushing for a law that allows cops to ask for and receive sexual favours, as long as they take no longer than their assigned break time.

Ummmm....that I guess..

I dunno, i'm kind of at a loss for words here.

ETA: Actually just noticed...

this policy would be a real morale booster,” says Karen, a Tonawanda resident and supporter of the policy

Of course it would be someone named Karen...

EDIT AGAIN: Hmmm upon further examination.of this site...I think it's a parody news site...could mods maybe move this to the joke forum or something?

So BJ's and handies for LEO's to "look the other way" for jaywalking? Sounds like a nice coffee break.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
um! bribery.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join