It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Doesnt Exist

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Believing in something without reason is irrational, this includes supernatural entities which are illogical in their very design. Yes, evidence will change my mind, you have not given me anything other than "I think this" or "Heres my opinion," that doesn't help anything. Lets say your deity was observable, and demonstrated the characteristics attributed to it by theologians, sure then I would believe. You have no clue what the truth his, only speculations, its arrogant of you to claim that you do. I didn't call you a liar, I just said what you said happened to be unlikely and unprovable, and seeing as how you, being a theist, are delusional, doesnt give your testimony much credibility.

There is no speed of time, some things are fast, others are slow, that doesnt mean time changes speed, depends on how fast anything within nature/reality travels. No, not really Bandit.

Please, there is no need for ageism. Tisratil, Energy can not be created nor destroyed, it can become mass, however, and mass can become energy. Chaos exists, whether you like the concept or not, but thas irrelevent.

You accuse me of starting flame wars? I've no insulted anyways, and now you have the audacity to insult me in spite of your implied opposition to "flame wars"? I'm not calling anyone freaks, I'm just diagnosing the paradigm of the majority of humanity.

What about Allah, Chebob? An atheist became a theist, thats a touching story. I know a theist who became an atheist. That proves nothing, and is irrelevent. The area in which you are raised influences the way you are brought up and which deity you are taught to worship. Not true in all cases, but most cases. Its not because I havent experienced your god, I have experienced any of the infinite number of hypothetical gods. Its not my fault, yours is no more likely than the next.

An opinion is worthless to me unless it can be demonstrated to be a fact. Heres an opinion: "Allah exists, how can you deny him after all he has done for you?" I cant prove it, nor do I believe it, but its just as likely as what you claim.

And people have experiences with supernatural entities manifesting themselves in their tacos, it proves absolutely nothing. You know theres a god, Deadinside, how? Can you prove it? You seem to think there is a supernatural big brother monitoring everything you say and do? Spooky. I'm looking at all the bad things in the world and realizing most of them are attributed to Religion/Governments, and if a god really did exist who was all loving as many theists claim, than that god in fact wouldnt allow such horrifying things to happen. I'm not blaming anything on deities because they do not exist.

Its that type of mentality that makes our world suck. "Our world sucks, lets just wait until we all die in hope of some better place, I'm sick of worrying about the problems we all create, I dont want to fix them, instead I'll just pretend they dont matter."

"Religion is an insult to human dignity; with or without it you would have good people do good things, and evil people do evil things. But for good people to do evil things; that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg

"It is said that a neurotic builds castles in the sky and the psychotic moves in. What does this say about the mental state of Christians with their Heaven paved in gold?" [Donald Morgan]

"Ask youself whether the dream of heaven and greatness should be waiting for us in our graves--or whether it should be ours here and now and on this earth." [Ayn Rand]

I would think people who are open to alternative explanations for certain events and who oppose authoritarian systems of coercion, brainwashing and control would fall succeptible to religion, which has actually convinced people there is an invisible man in the sky, watching everything they do. Pass the collection plate around...

Hello, hello, hello, this is the Lord God, can you hear?
Hellfire and damnation's what I've got for you down there
On earth I have ambassadors, archbishop, vicar, pope
We'll blind you with morality, you'd best abandon any hope,
We're telling you you'd better pray cos you were born in sin
Right from the start we'll build a cell and then we'll lock you in
We sit in holy judgement condemning those that stray
We offer our forgiveness, but first we'll make you pay

External control are you gonna let them get you?
Do you wanna be a prisoner in the boundaries they set you?
You say you want to be yourself, by christ do you think they'll let you?
They're out to get you get you get you get you get you get you get you

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I do believe that ACS got mad and picked up all his marbles and went home to mommie. It is amazing how people post threads on this forum and then start calling everyone who disagrees with them as being irrational, etc. (This seems to especially true of "skeptics".) It seems that they are disappointed that we all don't fall down in fawning acceptance of their percepts and that we are not totally in awe of their "brilliance". What do they want, our adulation? What I always find interesting that they always trot out the same old arguments which have been around for years as if they just thought it up on their own. Someone made a comment about ACS tender age. Indeed how can someone so young expect to instruct those who have exprienced life? You would think that such a person would at least consider what others have to say. It is a pity that their minds are so closed For time grows short. Each hour brings the times of tribulation closer. Such people will fall easy prey to the beast who will come.

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Jagdflieger, I've conclusively demonstrated that all
theists are delusional, irrational, ignorant and superstitious, if you have a problem with it, change, dont blame me for pointing out the obvious. I've experienced life aswell, I've considered what many have said. My mind is not closed at all, it is very open, but not so open that my brain fell out. What beast? Are those scare tactics?

[Edited on 14-7-2003 by AnarchistSuperstar]

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 10:37 PM
link   
AS in my opinion perhaps you should start here....

Quantum Concsiousness

If this is to much then note the math and begin from what you know

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I believe God exists...I believe in Him, I believe 'through' Him. Is my belief rational by any form of scientifically logical/proveable data?? Nope.

Do I care? Nope.

Does that therefore make me delusional? Probably.

Do I care? Nope.

Is anything said against His existance going to make me stop believeing in Him? Nope.

Is anything I say about Him going to cause Non-Believers to become Believers? Highly unlikely.

Again...do I care? Nope.

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Anarchist, you just spout out line after line of opinion and, dare I say it, drivel, intertwined to look like an intelligent thread of sentences. You haven't proved anything, all you've done is say "I don't believe you" in as many different ways as possible.

What about Allah? Just because someone decides to call God by a different name doesn't prove religion to be false, does it? If a Spanish person has a different name for the word Dog, does it mean that dogs are fake?

You have taken everyones opinions and perspectives personally as an attack against your atheism - why? If someone wants to tell people how they have experienced God, why should you tell them they are lying? Is that not irrational?

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I think if god were to look at me, he would slap me.

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I don't think so ACS, for you say to believe in something without reason is irrational. Well if you were open to possiblities, then it could be shown that belief in God is reasonable. However you chose to call everyone who believes in God as being irrational, ignorant, delusional, and superstitous. You have not proven a thing except that all you can do is call us liars.

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   
You guys are failing to see that this thread was a trap, intentionally placed, so that he could play the role of member seeking opinionated answers so that he could, in turn, tell you, in his intellectual way, that what you, indeed, believe in..............is false, improbable, irrational, etc.

But, his nature and his motivations as well as his underline intentions were revealed.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
You guys are failing to see that this thread was a trap, intentionally placed, so that he could play the role of member seeking opinionated answers so that he could, in turn, tell you, in his intellectual way, that what you, indeed, believe in..............is false, improbable, irrational, etc.

But, his nature and his motivations as well as his underline intentions were revealed.

regards
seekerof

I guess I put too much faith in the good nature and willingness to talk rationally of mankind..........sigh

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

regards
seekerof

Who says we didn't see it as a trap?? Heck...not only did I see the cheese, I also saw the spring-loaded wire catch....

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 11:12 PM
link   
You see, we were all supposed to fall down in awe of ACS and his "brilliance" and say "My what an intellectual and brilliant person you are!!! Let us put you up on this pedestal and listen your wisdom." When he got refuted, all he could do is call us "irrational, bigoted, etc." Typical anti-theist bulls**t. Well folks it is the oldest sin in the book. They want us to worship them in their "brilliance".

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Seeker,

His original post made the statement, "God Doesn't Exist," and then went on to provide a logical argument as to why that statement is true. You yourself referred to his analysis as an, "argument and point of view." He has been as overt about his intentions as one could possibly be. Of course he thinks what you believe in is false, improbable and irrational. He said as much right from the beginning. What opinions was he searching for? I'm starting to realize why perhaps you are having such a tough time keeping on point in this thread. Maybe it's just beyond you, who knows...

Now where is Toltec? Shouldn't you be pointing out to Seeker that you sense no real effort at trickery here? Or do you only swoop in with your moderator wings when it's a non-believer that you need to straighten out?

jagdflieger, the premise of virtually every post you have to offer in these threads is, "don't waste time with the non-believers, they are close minded and they just can't fathom considering anything we have to say." Do me a favor if you will. Re-read all of your posts in this thread and tell me again who is the one with the closed mind. Perhaps if you had something to offer that didn't involve hocus pocus delusions, it would be worth altering our views. Right now everything you have to offer is intangible, unprovable and not in the realm of reality.

fixx

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 11:46 PM
link   
VPG why is that?? My advise is that you begin your own thread with your comments as the title, or send a U2U to some one you feel will understand.

If you would prefer to talk to a female member personally my impression is that can be worked
out.

VPG would very much like to hear more

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixx

Seeker,

His original post made the statement, "God Doesn't Exist," and then went on to provide a logical argument as to why that statement is true. You yourself referred to his analysis as an, "argument and point of view." He has been as overt about his intentions as one could possibly be. Of course he thinks what you believe in is false, improbable and irrational. He said as much right from the beginning. What opinions was he searching for? I'm starting to realize why perhaps you are having such a tough time keeping on point in this thread. Maybe it's just beyond you, who knows...

Now where is Toltec? Shouldn't you be pointing out to Seeker that you sense no real effort at trickery here? Or do you only swoop in with your moderator wings when it's a non-believer that you need to straighten out?

jagdflieger, the premise of virtually every post you have to offer in these threads is, "don't waste time with the non-believers, they are close minded and they just can't fathom considering anything we have to say." Do me a favor if you will. Re-read all of your posts in this thread and tell me again who is the one with the closed mind. Perhaps if you had something to offer that didn't involve hocus pocus delusions, it would be worth altering our views. Right now everything you have to offer is intangible, unprovable and not in the realm of reality.

fixx

If you have a problem with me Fixx, get with a moderator. If I so deserve a 'warning', then so be it, but I will not recant what was otherwise obvious.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Fixx the only reason I addressed your comments is because I am impressed, would not have wasted my time otherwise

Seekerof is not suggesting this thread should be removed despite the fact it is inherently no different.

Fixx will say it again this is a discusionforum

Discuss and do not be surpised if I want to discuss as well

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Toltec,

I hear you, do you hear me?

fixx

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 12:40 AM
link   
To all those in this thread who refuse to believe or "know" there is something we Humans would call God.

I say get real....the best arguments shown in this thread have been arguments against scriptures and using BAD science.

It's pathetic.

And I for one refuse to argue any longer with people who have no grasp of what they are debating.

Using science when you yourself have no clue of even the principles of Quantum Mechanics, to support your arguments is mind boggling.

And to disbelieve in God because the Christian God makes no sense, is even more mind boggling.

This thread had a future, but it seems very dead now.

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I read about quantum consciousness, and the advice given to me by my friends (Professor of biology and a professor of physics) www.grahamkendall.net States that quantum consciousness is bunk. That people attached the word "quantum" to their ravings to make it seem more intellectual, but that it really holds no water. I got the same impression once I read the part of the person talking about "Supernatural" numbers and his own intentional dismissal of numerals and Pi.

Need I say any more? Sure, it has some truth to it, but overall it is just peices of information which have been haphazardly thrown together to serve some personal agenda.

Anyways, this has been a somewhat interesting discussion thanks to some people, but others whom cant seem to grasp the concept of agreeing to disagree and yet persist to dismiss the other person through using "waffle" and "evasion" techniques to discredit their claims.

Some people make claims such as, and I'm paraphrasing: "Allah is just another name for God." How is this so? It is a completely different deity from an entirely different religion, how do you explain theistic folks who have more than one god? Lets say, four gods. Do you say they are worshipping the holy quadruplette? Grandfather, father, son, holy ghost? It goes to rediculous lengths trying to secure that their deity is the only one that has the potential of existing when all are as likely as the next. Which in fact isn't saying much.

I say theists are all delusional, because they accept without reason claims that there was a world flood when it has been demonstrated that a world flood never occured; and do you know why? It has been shown that if there was a world flood and everything that breathed oxygen would have drowned. The Egyptians never noticed a flood, if it was world-wide, why would that be? Surely there should be a break in history where people stopped recording everything because they died, right? It just never happened. There are many over disproofs of this illogical and superstitious claims of a vengeful deity drowning women and children. However, I do find amusement in people admittely believing that Noahs ark and Adam and Eve would have required massive incest, seeing as how thats punished in the bible by death. However they say God changed, and made Incest bad one day. Yet, they say God never changes. SOme of them, anyways. It is just amusing.

However, all of this aside. Believing in these irrational things without logical reasons makes me question almost everyones sanity.

They are delusional because they believe in something in spite of invalidating evidence, the belief they themselves believe in is irrational, and they are ignorant of the invalidating evidence, even if it is intentional selective ignorance. Also, they are superstitious.

This is my factual diagnosis of a large majority of the human population. Did you think otherwise? Why? Take a look at history.

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 12:52 AM
link   
sigh...........here we go again.

Allah IS just another name for God. God is just another name for Allah. call him Bungle for all I care, He still loves you. Just because people view Him differently doesn't mean that both sides are automatically illogical and incorrect.
Are you trying to tell me that to believe in God you must be a Christian? God has no name, God is what the majority of the World wish to call him, but Allah's just as good......to me, they all come down to the same thing: a higher being who is in control of life, or something along those lines. Just because I call him God doesn't mean I'm talking about a big old man with a beard in the sky.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join