It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas weather reporter Kelly Plasker found dead after Facebook Confession

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I didn't see this anywhere else so here it is folks.

Kelly Plasker, a reporter with news station KCBD, shared a “final confession for the sins I am responsible for” on Facebook Sunday in which she alleged a teacher groomed her for a relationship in high school.

-nypost.com Kelly Plasker Article

Do we have to show how broken we are to be taken seriously? Do we have to murder, kill, destroy our lives? It appears that sometimes, it takes a violent murder or a tragic suicide for something like this to be looked at- and even then only looked at for but a moment before it's quickly forgotten.

My heart goes out to her family.

I understand her brokenness. Nothing can take away the pain. This kind of abuse never leaves you and you're never really free of it... I have a long way to go myself, hopefully many years until old age battling this suffering.

So sad.

If any of you ever need somebody to tell your story to- I'm here. I will listen. I will believe the unbelievable.

Love always,
Lou
edit on 1-9-2020 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   
That's some sad s*** man that really is some sad s*** to hear

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Isn't it, #ing tragic man.
edit on Tue Sep 1 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   
it sucks she killed herself.
if the teacher waited till 18?
thats technically aok.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

If the teacher waited until she was 18 yrs old and no longer in school then maybe. But because she was still under his aid, his student, even if she was still 18 yrs old it would have still been a grotesque abuse of authority.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

I agree. There has to be more to the story, however. Looks like she graduated High School quite a few years ago.

Suicide seems to claim too many GOOD people.

The EVIL ones don't have a conscious...and that's too bad.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yeah, I almost wonder if she remained in contact with that alleged teacher? And her son Thomas hung himself in 2018 according to this source: Thomas Locke, Kelly Plaskers son

Regardless, that's one of the main points of my post- that it doesn't matter how long ago the abuse happened.

She grew up had children had an apparently successful career, was loved by employees- it doesn't matter how far you run or how hard you hide... sh-t like this never leaves you. You can try to pretend all you want that nothing bad ever happened but, it'll catch up to you. I can almost guarantee that, from personal experience.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise
I wish people could understand that every one of us is imperfect.

In fact, we're all equal and loved, in God's eyes.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Are you saying that everybody is imperfect, not just sex predators, so how dare we judge?

And are you saying that sex predators are equal to the rest of society and equally loved by God?

Maybe God still loves sex offenders but here in the United States of America, sexual offenses of this nature are illegal and can be measured and judged. Sex abuse is consistently known to be destructive to individuals leaving lasting negative impressions and negative behaviors that follow even into adulthood. So yeah, I'm judging, and hating. I'll leave the loving up to God.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   

This is tragic and happens more than people realize.

I was sexually groomed or rather abused by my 9th grade math teacher. This went one until 11th grade. He was a great teacher as far as math, as far as I'm concerned that's what I liked. He took me and friends bowling and pizza hut on Fridays. It was awesome, and as far as I saw praise for 100% on the weekly tests. At the time I was innocent and saw nothing wrong with it. I just thought he was genuinely looking out for me.

I found out years later, he was fired. Turns out I wasn't the only one.

For any outlet, media personality, or politician that thinks this is fine. You deserve a slow death! You are the scum of this earth. If you think it's ok to abuse a child, you deserve no life!

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Terrible story, my heart goes out to her and family.

When I was in grade 6, my home room teacher was having an affair with a former student, I'm guessing he would of been 14 at best. She was about mid to late 20s. Funny thing is we all thought something was up, joked about it, but being around 11, what did we really know..turned out we knew enough. She was fired, not sure about charges, probably not. This was in the 70s.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: IncognitoGhostman

Wow there are some really relatable details in your experience.

I'm glad you're still alive and kicking, thanks for sharing!

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise

Are you saying that everybody is imperfect, not just sex predators, so how dare we judge?

And are you saying that sex predators are equal to the rest of society and equally loved by God?

Maybe God still loves sex offenders but here in the United States of America, sexual offenses of this nature are illegal and can be measured and judged. Sex abuse is consistently known to be destructive to individuals leaving lasting negative impressions and negative behaviors that follow even into adulthood. So yeah, I'm judging, and hating. I'll leave the loving up to God.

Then take it from someone who has been there...

You are never going to get over it with that attitude.

It will be a cancer, spreading in you until it consumes you.

And for the record, I'm not a religious person, but stop blaming God and yourself for what happened.

Neither of you were at fault.

Wish you luck with your journey and stop self-hating so much.

Unless you just like to play the victim for something that wasn't your fault at all.

edit on 1-9-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I know you mean well (do you?), so I thank you for your well intentioned comment.

I will say that it's not wrong to be angry about what happened- its not wrong to hate everything about it, in fact I would say that anger and hate is an appropriate emotional response. Along with the stockholm syndrome stuff too. Among a combination of countless other emotions or lack thereof.

In my experience there's no end to the healing. In other words, there's really no "getting over it."
edit on 1-9-2020 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

Its why we need to seperate property crimes from our law books and only police crimes against Humans which must be taken more seriously and we need to stop trying to rehabilitate these people....we need to lock them up throw away the key and give them an in-Prison 24/7/365 option to self-euthanise if they feel a 300 year sentence is inhumane..

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise
a reply to: dantanna

If the teacher waited until she was 18 yrs old and no longer in school then maybe. But because she was still under his aid, his student, even if she was still 18 yrs old it would have still been a grotesque abuse of authority.

Kinda like Clinton and a certain intern.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   

By that time in my life I had gone through so much more. I lived in the ghetto, the only white kid. I had to fight to survive. A local gang (GBoyz) took me in and I was safe. My dad came out and was transexual. This was in the mid 80s. This was after I had a babysitter at 3 who let me feel her up and down.

At that point I was in a small town, thought things were gonna be great. Little did I know.

Suicide is hard, I've lost many friends to it. Most recently I lost my 21yr old son to it. I have no idea why, he never left a note or anything. I know it was because of his girlfriend. Unfortunately I the middle of November he will have a son. A son that will never have a chance to know his dad. He never knew his "real" dad due to commiting suicide when was 21 (2yrs old). Sometimes no matter how much you love and give, it's not going to matter. You can only love today and live.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

Just like that!

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: IncognitoGhostman

Wow I'm so sorry for your loss and all that hardship.

Just like there will always be things to be sad about (and there's a lot to be sad about, and it's ok to be sad about them, and angry, and hateful), there will always be things to be grateful of and there will always be things to be happy about.

It's ok to hate, it's ok to love.

Cheers to being allowed to feel every emotion!

Cheers to being allowed to have a bad day, or life, and being allowed to be angry about bad things that happen, it's ok to struggle man...

but cheers to love as well. It's important to shift our focus to what we have and can be grateful of.

I hope you always have love, thanks again for sharing.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
Unless you just like to play the victim for something that wasn't your fault at all.

There's no "playing victim" when it comes to sexual abuse, not sure what you really intended to mean here. Actually you sound kind of angry, lol. I hope you feel better!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join