It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A School Laptops Conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I see all kids will have a laptop given by the government/school districts in order to go school online. It crossed my mind a crazy conspiracy theory. I don't believe I'm the only one that thought that.

What if those computers are set to transmit a sort of subliminal message or a signal designed for mind control or to influence kids.

Hundreds of Thousands of little trojan horses all over. A computer given by the school would look so innocent that it could bypass parents supervision.

I know it sounds like a Stephen King novel. This is ATS after all right?

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Not exactly but, almost as bad, you can be assured every single thing done on that laptop will be monitored by the school and any questionable internet searches or anything done the school doesn't like you can rest assured the police will likely be the first to know.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

And they have camera and microphone too.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
They all use 1995 earthlink and are full of the classic pop up ads.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Since far more kids have smart phones than laptops (evidence the awareness of, and use of TikTok),

It is far more likely that any “mind control signal” the “government “ would like to transmit would be sent over smart phone not laptop or desktop.

Likewise regarding the deployment of potentially live cameras and microphones.

Unless your kid prefers grandpa’s old flip-phone!

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Yeah among a bunch of terrifying other things.

www.netsupportschool.com...

There's plenty more out there. Just do a quick search for classroom management software and take a look at a list of their 'features'. It's some pretty dystopian #.

a reply to: Bhadhidar

Don't worry, most of them are able to work with students' cell phones and in many cases are becoming mandatory to install.
edit on 1/9/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   
My grandkids are doing the online schooling and received the loaned Chroomebook laptop.
They must only be used for schoolwork and also must be turned back in at the end of school.
I'm sure it will be monitoring them

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Oh, the messages already being transmitted by the public education system are veryun-subliminal. Both of my kids were homeschooled and I'm thankful for it and for my wife who carried most of the weight of the project.

I would not want my kids subjected to what is taught in public schools now. I don't think that they need to do anything subliminal. They're pretty damned overt about their ideologies and their agendas.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
They all use 1995 earthlink and are full of the classic pop up ads.

What is that supposed to mean?

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   

It means that they could be unusable and with built in eyes

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

I know what you mean, but if you own the device, you can control what's inside or stop using it.

A government computer is different.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
I see all kids will have a laptop given by the government/school districts in order to go school online. It crossed my mind a crazy conspiracy theory. I don't believe I'm the only one that thought that.

What if those computers are set to transmit a sort of subliminal message or a signal designed for mind control or to influence kids.

Hundreds of Thousands of little trojan horses all over. A computer given by the school would look so innocent that it could bypass parents supervision.

I know it sounds like a Stephen King novel. This is ATS after all right?

I understand your concern.

However, my granddaughter is using our ancient personal 17" screen laptop with Windows 7.

The school only gave free laptops to "poor" children. I guess those who get free lunch, also get the free pad.

Problem is for the poor kids a lot of the work has to be printed out and then scanned and sent back to the teacher. Poor kids don't have printers with scanners, if they do the family already has a computer.

Anyway, my grandchildren aren't being watched or brainwashed by their school. The grandson has Mom's old laptop with one missing M cover and he has to push the exposed button to type an M

So the conspiracy theory won't work for all the kids, not the "rich" ones like my grandkids using one old laptop with a missing letter M and the other using a Windows 7 with a 17" screen.

edit on 9/1/20 by The2Billies because: spelling

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I remember when this was a new concept-

I remember apple giving the local school district a huge discount on macbooks, so they'd get tons of taxpayer dollars to hand out their brand of thinking to the kids in 6th grade.

And then I remember when I was entering the workforce, and those kids were entering college- all buying macbooks, because that's all they knew.
Telling their parents to buy apple phones, and apple workstations.
Around this time, Apple finally adopted Intel processors. A few years later, companies started actually releasing apple versions of their programs... but not long after that, nobody cared anymore.

Everything went to web-based UI so it could run on any platform.

Fortunately they fight good user input devices at every turn- otherwise they might actually progress past the sales teams in the office.
People with real jobs need more than one mouse button.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Most schools I'm aware of are assigning Chromebooks to all or most of their students. All of our area schools are. I'm glad I'm not in the school system anymore, it was hard enough to keep up with what was there, having all mobile devices like that would have been a nightmare to deal with.

And you can bet your sweet bippy they're all being tracked by the school. To not do so would be highly irresponsible.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   
considering how easy it was to make idiots riot, arson, loot, and murder?

i can see this happenning.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   

my partner is an elementary school teacher and all of the kids get Chrome books in 2nd grade. If one of them is looking at "pictures of girl b00bs", alerts go off (it's a program called GoGuardian I believe! Look it up)

Also, one day, one of the kids who got in trouble for looking at "b00bs" and other inappropriate items, they also looked at "cool dragon pictures" and "web games" for most of the day instead of remote learning..

I'm not hating on the kids, obviously.. but I would think the school would be able to block a lot of web access (that is also a double-edged sword, but restrictions would serve a bigger purpose for the more impressionable kids than adults). I also wonder if "cashless society" and other NWO plans like this dictate the need for all younger generations to be indoctrinated with technology & the internet from very early age in order to ensure useful drones (and build up addictive hormonal responses, and general compliance with social norms)

It is no joke though.. depending on the school district & state regulations I have a feeling there is a lot more surveillance than just which boys are trying to look at boobs

And this is all part of a much bigger picture IMO
edit on 1-9-2020 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Most schools I'm aware of are assigning Chromebooks to all or most of their students. All of our area schools are.

Yep, my partner is teaching 6 and 7-year olds who all get their own Chromebooks (even before COVID and remote learning they all got one at this age). A remote monitoring software called "GoGuardian" is installed on all of them so teachers/administrators (and who knows who else) can see everything the kids are doing on the tablets.

How much you want to bet some members of Congress/the higher ups in gov. have personal stock or family/friends with stock/kickbacks/government contracts for this software? Here's a link: www.goguardian.com... MI08DPrK3J6wIVko7ICh3R3QfFEAAYASAAEgJNp_D_BwE

This is not all innocent.. it is nefarious and with a purpose

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   
It's a hackers dream come true. If the parents are linked to the chrome books via their network or screen mirroring app, any halfassed jackleg could make out like a bandit. Kids looking at boobs will be the least of their worriers.
edit on 1-9-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I literally just had this conversation with my wife.

It isn't just the monitoring im concerned with.

Whose to say Google and everyone else involved (hardware such as chromebooks to zoom and a hundred other companies I'm not aware of) aren't using A.I. algorithms and facial recognition as well as heuristics programs to decide my child's future?

Credit scores, consumer credit scores, possible pigeon-holing my kids future because these companies find out he's an individual not being raised to be a mindless consumer?

All of these tech toys and programs and services are being offered by companies and corporations that blatantly censor and are politically motivated.

What protections are guaranteed?

None.

This # has me livid right now.

The school district received nearly 1200$ per child in government funding, so why in the hell can't we get textbooks and worksheets?

I'm sorry but, # this system.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I have a slightly different take on the tech since my son suffers dysgraphia and the tablet can help him get around his inability to write easily and quickly and legibly. However, I'm annoyed that the school refuses to allow us to install a good voice to text for him. The crappy one they have on his tablet has the worst auto-co-wrex ever. It read 3, 6, 9 as three-way sex night.

I don't think the tech is terrible for some kids because they need it as a tool. But I'm not sure it needs to be relied on as heavily as it is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join