It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airline Pilots Landing At LAX Report "A Guy In Jetpack" Flying Alongside Them

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
EDIT: Sorry already posted here if mods could close this one.

Wasn't sure if this was the right forum.for this but thought it might make a nice break from politics anyway.

www.thedrive.com...

s if 2020 couldn't get any weirder, airline pilots landing at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) on Sunday, August 30th, reported seeing "a guy in a jetpack" flying about 300 yards off their wing while on final approach to the bustling airport. What makes the reports even stranger is that, like a scene out of The Rocketeer, the airliners were descending through 3,000 feet when jetpack guy showed up next to them.

Audio recording

American Flight 1997: "Tower, American 1997, we just passed a guy in a jetpack."

Tower: "American 1997, OK, thank you. Were they off to your left or right side?"

American Flight 1997: "Off the left side, maybe 300 yards or so, about our altitude."

Fox 11 reports a Skywest pilot confirmed the sighting:

Skywest Flight: "We just saw the guy passing by us in the jetpack."

Then the tower alerted an incoming Jet Blue flight to the reported hazard:

Tower: "Jet Blue 23, use caution, a person in a jetpack reported 300 yards south of the LA final at about 3,000 feet, 10 mile final."

Jet Blue 23: "Jet Blue 23, we heard and we are definitely looking."

Another pilot chimed in: "Only in LA."

There are a number of new jetpack-like designs that are remarkably capable, but all have very limited range and most have only very low-altitude flight envelopes. Yves "Jetman" Rossi's winged jetpack is definitely capable of such a feat, but his flights have always occurred under highly controlled and well-coordinated circumstances and in sanitized airspace. They are also very high-profile in nature and require a mothership to launch from, such as a helicopter, or at least a very high point to leap from.

So, apparently, someone has a system that is similarly capable, but they are stupid enough to actually use it in incredibly congested airspace as part of an undeclared stunt.

So it seems some mysterious Jetman was joyriding around LA using some kind of jetpack. It's interesting, I guess systems like this exist, but are fairly limited and require other vehicles and coordination and tend to be public displays.

Somebody though, apparently possesses such a device and was able to make a flight through the middle of LA airspace unnoticed until spotted by airliner pilots.

Definitely leaves some room for speculation here.
edit on 1/9/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/9/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
Wasn't sure if this was the right forum.for this but thought it might make a nice break from politics anyway.

www.thedrive.com...

s if 2020 couldn't get any weirder, airline pilots landing at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) on Sunday, August 30th, reported seeing "a guy in a jetpack" flying about 300 yards off their wing while on final approach to the bustling airport. What makes the reports even stranger is that, like a scene out of The Rocketeer, the airliners were descending through 3,000 feet when jetpack guy showed up next to them.

Audio recording

American Flight 1997: "Tower, American 1997, we just passed a guy in a jetpack."

Tower: "American 1997, OK, thank you. Were they off to your left or right side?"

American Flight 1997: "Off the left side, maybe 300 yards or so, about our altitude."

Tower: "Jet Blue 23, use caution, a person in a jetpack reported 300 yards south of the LA final at about 3,000 feet, 10 mile final."

There are a number of new jetpack-like designs that are remarkably capable, but all have very limited range and most have only very low-altitude flight envelopes. Yves "Jetman" Rossi's winged jetpack is definitely capable of such a feat, but his flights have always occurred under highly controlled and well-coordinated circumstances and in sanitized airspace. They are also very high-profile in nature and require a mothership to launch from, such as a helicopter, or at least a very high point to leap from.

So, apparently, someone has a system that is similarly capable, but they are stupid enough to actually use it in incredibly congested airspace as part of an undeclared stunt.

So it seems some mysterious Jetman was joyriding around LA using some kind of jetpack. It's interesting, I guess systems like this exist, but are fairly limited and require other vehicles and coordination and tend to be public displays.

Somebody though, apparently possesses such a device and was able to make a flight through the middle of LA airspace unnoticed until spotted by airliner pilots.

Posted already above you in NEW. 11:20 a.m.
edit on 1-9-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
300 feet lateral seperation works, as long as he stays far away from the heavy's.....wingtip tornados....bad....

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Oops my bad...didn't see.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Didn’t show up on ATC radar, despite altitude of approximately 3,000 FT?

Observed from 900 yards laterally.

Could it have been a mini-jet powered, vaguely “human” shaped drone of some kind?

I could think of some pretty interesting uses for something like that; most of them intel-related!

“Commrade General, we have spotted a man flying over our top secret installation!”

Korporal Gorky your are drunk on duty! Again!

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   

EDIT: Sorry already posted here if mods could close this one.

www.thedrive.com...

Audio recording

Probably Elon Musk.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Hey! You're good!...Ive always believed when we saw em being developed like 50 years ago...that they've been up there since.

Awhile ago I saw a photo of a military team flying in formation w packs.

It was a snow landscape...so I'm sure we got em, they got em and others are looking to get em.

But, what was this??

Thnx!

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Hey! You're good!...Ive always believed when we saw em being developed like 50 years ago...that they've been up there since.

It was a snow landscape...so I'm sure we got em, they got em and others are looking to get em.

But, what was this??

Thnx!

Where'd you happen to see the military team flying?

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

This makes Airforce One extremely vulnerable @ a time when it is landing and de-celerating....this needs to be addressed immediatly....shootdowns in effect immediatly.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Because it wasn't vulnerable before during takeoff and landing.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Dont worry about it. It's just tony stark testing out his new thrusters for his new suit

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cavrecon22

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

But, what was this??

Thnx!

Where'd you happen to see the military team flying?

A photo I believe of a US strike-team...it may have been Army...all had snow-type camo etc.

Was maybe in the late 90's...but I did see it then....

I'll try and search...I'm sure tho it was not Air Force, but Army/Navy...somethin'
edit on 2-9-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join