It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Role Models of the left.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DustDoses

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

originally posted by: Voyaging
Wow you just asserted that black people can't succeed unless it's through rap or sports.... That's pretty racist.
a reply to: DustDoses

I said it's easier and cheaper for someone from the hood to become an NBA star than it is to go to college and be upwardly mobile.

Which is disgusting.

BS.

ANY COLORED PERSON from the hood can go to college for free. There are so many programs and scholarships available to those who want it but even putting the little effort required for this is too much for some.

Where is the privilege in this country again?

Brown kid from the hood. Where was my scholarship? Why am I still paying for classes that I took ten years ago?

Oh wait, you just made all that up.

Evidently you didn't hit all the bullet point criteria required to earn it. Neither did most others of any ethnicity who have attended college, they also have college debt. You gotta earn a scholarship, they're not just handed out like candy. Suck it up already.

That's interesting I thought any colored person from the city can go to college for free.

Super weird! I was under the impression you thought a sport or #ty music was a meal ticket, not hard work.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   

where we at with that link boss?

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   
If your on welfare, college will be at a discounted rate. If you knew anything about what your discussing you’ll know it’s vastly cheaper. There are plenty of better jobs than retail you don’t need more skill sets for. Being too lazy to care for yourself isn’t anyone else’s fault or problem and to argue it’s somehow a system not themselves that brought themselves there is a total lack of personal responsibility. And that’s been a value that’s being championed hard by liberals and anyone who follows the woke culture talking points. You have no ownership of yourself it’s everyone else who made or broke you. It’s pathetic. I have experience living with public housing, most prefer to keep that cheap housing and sell drugs for cash income so their rent stays low or to take low paying jobs, so rent stays low.

edit on 3-9-2020 by Rob808 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
To say that opportunities for advancement and education don't exist for poor black folks is complete and utter bull#.

They have programs and means available to them that NO OTHER group has. Besides those entitlements, there is always a way of succeeding called Bust Your Ass. Work like a boss and things will fall in line. Just look at the other minority groups that exist in this country. Look at how many of them own their own businesses, are able to save up enough money to send their kids to college, maintain a responsible lifestyle both financially and socially. How many Vietnamese do you see crowding our prisons? Yeah....thought so.

It's a culture issue. Blacks that succeed or lead a stable lifestyle are seen as "Uncle Toms" or sellouts to the poor black culture.

Did you happen to see the feed last night out of Louisville, in front of the gas station where the clerk shot someone and the angry black crowd gathered, knowing no facts, to "protest"? There was a young black cop who was repeatedly berated by his "brothers" and called "Uncle Tom Ni##er". Yeah...

An interesting observation though where I live here near Dallas. I'm in a very upper-middle class area and there are many many minority and ethic families represented. The young, black members (teens) all act like inner-city thugs for some reason (as they drive around in their late-model Camaros and Chargers). I'm sure their parents are proud but why that type of behavior isn't squashed in the home, eludes me
edit on 3-9-2020 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Ironic ......Isn't it ?

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
All ignorable, he has a D on his ballot box!! a reply to: MetalThunder

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Why not? The majority of wars in history have been justified by complete fantasy peddled as fact. I guess those pesky Satan worshipers just like secrets, those who kill in the name of God are more overtly crazy.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

If you want to believe in Satan that's your problem.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

My beliefs are irrelevant, it is however entirely possible those with the power to permeate such ideology throughout our society may benefit from its acceptance and so vigorously promote such notions. No matter how clandestine their ruse, I’m not buying it, even if my limited resistance is a futile endeavour.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join