It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California fatal shooting/ crowd responds

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

originally posted by: vonclod
This sounds a bit shady, they dropped him because he "had" a gun, which was on the ground..not liking this, upon 1st info.

Sounds very shady, I agree. Another day in America the police shoot and kill an unarmed black man. More will come and Republicans will jump for joy and victim blame. White supremacy is on the rise.

Interesting in that these all appear to happen in democrat run cities.

Yet your go to is to immediately place blame on republicans.
edit on 1-9-2020 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I think there will be more to the story as I do not think a cop would shoot the guy just on what we know right now.

You're looking at it morally and whether I agree with you or not in
regards to morals which I do. It makes no difference to the officers
actions legally. Doesn't matter where their heart was at when they
shot him. They may not even have a conscience about it. But if they
do and there's any doubt in one of their minds. That will manifest
later. It usually does.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Don’t fight cops and you won’t get shot.

There.

I’ve solved this issue.

What’s next?

Go solve Portland?

Nuke it from orbit, it’s the only way to be sure.

So Republicans want to drop a nuclear bomb on United States land. 👏👏👏👏

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

There.

I’ve solved this issue.

What’s next?

Your boys in blue sound pathetic...fist vs bullets? They wanted to kill him because he was black. Are you surprised it's the LAPD.

LA? Haven for leftists?

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

There.

I’ve solved this issue.

What’s next?

Go solve Portland?

Nuke it from orbit, it’s the only way to be sure.

So Republicans want to drop a nuclear bomb on United States land. 👏👏👏👏

Moron I live there.

Rolls eyes

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

This sounds a bit shady, they dropped him because he "had" a gun, which was on the ground..not liking this, upon 1st info.

Sounds very shady, I agree. Another day in America the police shoot and kill an unarmed black man. More will come and Republicans will jump for joy and victim blame. White supremacy is on the rise.

I didn't blame Republicans for the victim being black. I said Republicans are happy another black person was killed by the police. Such as you are and the 50 people behind you who starred your posts. Do have Alzheimer's or something?

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Now you just sound stupid.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I didn't blame Republicans for the victim being black. I said Republicans are happy another black person was killed by the police. Such as you are and the 50 people behind you who starred your posts. Do have Alzheimer's or something?

Careful. You will literally get a ban here if you call someone who condones genocide evil.

I mean, if you call a right-winger condoning genocide of civilians evil.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

There.

I’ve solved this issue.

What’s next?

Ya, I get that, for instance, the Jacob guy..no real issue with that, this one, not so sure.

*shakes head*

If people want to defund cops, make police departments smaller. . . . then the only real thing to do is stop committing crimes.

If you don't give the cops a reason for existing, then there won't be cops.

This case? Specifically? Who knows.

It doesn't matter any more, really.

Because people will loot, burn buildings, harm innocent people now because; reasons.

Sorry but a huge population of people believe cops are guilty of crimes. Some cops are found guilty of murder. Though it's very hard to convict them due to the system in place. That's one of the main reasons people are protesting. Not sure if you've been paying attention.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Do you actually have sympathy for black lives? Especially the ones killed by the police? From reading your posts it seems like you don't. Must be a misunderstanding on my part. Such as I was supposed to know that you live near Portland. My bad.

Anyhow the first stories coming out of this murder seem shady on the behalf of LAPD. That's my opinion.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Do you actually have sympathy for black lives? Especially the ones killed by the police? From reading your posts it seems like you don't. Must be a misunderstanding on my part. Such as I was supposed to know that you live near Portland. My bad.

Anyhow the first stories coming out of this murder seem shady on the behalf of LAPD. That's my opinion.

Christ almighty.

Just because I don't immediately call for looting and burning, then I'm a cold bastard?

You're welcome to your opinion, I'd rather base my opinion on all the facts instead of knee-jerking my way through life.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: dug88

If I was a cop in LA, got punched by somebody who booked it from me and found a gun, I'm not waiting to ask questions.

But the gun was in his bundle that he dropped, so he didn't have it when he was shot...

We will hear more about this, but at first glance this kind of goes down the path that I see as a major issue with some police departments in they come on too hard in the initial response as they quickly ratchet it up and they do not deescalate it once the situation has changed and the threat is reduced.

This sounds like maybe a homeless man who was riding his bike and breaking some local law about it... OK, homeless people are not all there in many cases... In Portland about 6 years ago they worked on changing their approach as crazy homeless people were getting killed by cops mainly because they were not fully complying at the time, and not so much they put the cop's life in danger.

I agree with this, just like the cop in Seattle 10 years ago shooting a deaf Native American in the back in broad daylight crossing the street because he had a carving knife whittling wood.

No video recording either by witnesses or body cam. Sounds like the cop planted the gun as of now imo. Either way it's racial profiling at it's finest, or worstest.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
a reply to: Hecate666

The cop said he was punched. Do we actually know that? As for complying, how does this guy get to tell the cop he will kill him, wander back and forth and still gets back in his vehicle?
Video

This man, who was not asked for ID has his hands up and is kicked in the back and tackled. Come to find out they had the wrong guy, but still charged him with resisting.

Video

Why are you telling me this?
I said that there are bad cops but that includes that you also admit that there are bad criminals...did I just have to say somethings so loony?
Why are black criminals always beautiful, innocent, lovely people who are close to being jesus and couldn't do anything wrong, and then FOR NO REASON AT ALL they get shot...because they have brown skin?

Seriously. I know innocent people get shot sometimes, mostly white criminals or white innocent people. I've read the stories, it makes me angry. Sometimes an innocent black person gets shot and sometimes a black officer shoots a mentally disabled white person and quite often...police officers get shot just for being a police officer.

However, most of these injustices make the news, because they are not as common as you think. Most of the time a criminal does something really dumb and gets shot, because he's a criminal and did something really stupid. Why can't that be the case, when it is the most logic explanation?

Oh no, the Satanic white officer made all that up because he fancied shooting a black guy for breakfast, like they always do, and afterwards they all sit around a table laughing an evil laugh. Is that what you think happens most of the time?

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Christ almighty.

Just because I don't immediately call for looting and burning, then I'm a cold bastard?

You're welcome to your opinion, I'd rather base my opinion on all the facts instead of knee-jerking my way through life.

You did knee jerk, your first post in the thread. Your reaction, evidence by the stars is the opinion of many on this forum and in this country, so it's all good imo, you're not a cold bastard. The way America is and the way the system is, myself and many others different than you are the cold bastards, not you. That's why you're referred to as the good ol boys and the rest of us are terrorist. I'm aware of the reality in the United States and I'm very accepting of that. No burning and looting over here except I love Bob Marley.

I wouldn't be so worried, Trump is going to win by a landslide and so many people against him will be killed and go to jail. We are nearing the light at the end of the tunnel.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I am sure Kamala will bail him out...

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Actually it was very good advice I gave, in my first post in this thread.

Don't fight the cops, you won't get shot.

Of course you'd rather people fought the cops, obviously. Which is just weird and really, not very smart.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
"The dead man's man name"

Now that is a liberal description. I wonder what his other names and genders and identities were?

Let's focus on what matters most here though. Free televisions and shoes. Just do it.

America is crumbling on fast forward.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

I will apologize to replying to you in that last comment when I meant to reply to a different person. It was a mistake as the page has a tendency to scroll on me.

No I do not think it happens all the time. Are there justified shootings yes. Are all black people or white people good? No. Do white people get killed by the cops unjustly? Yes. Should white people be outraged when it happens if there is no justice? Yes.

That we see it happen frequently in an excessive way, with no justice most times is a problem. Are these perfect people? No. Is an officer of the law the judge, jury and executioner? No. Does there appear to be different rules for different people? Yes. Are people still being hurt or killed when they do comply? Yes.

Defund the police? No. Have accountability without having to have video or protests, yes.
Find out where its going wrong, bad cops, bad training, overworked,ptsd, whatever it is, maybe try to fix it?

Before you ask, looting,rioting,burning. Wrong. Peaceful protests as have been going on in my state almost daily for 3 months, fine.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Of course you'd rather people fought the cops, obviously. Which is just weird and really, not very smart.

Cops have strict protocol they are supposed to follow but we know that is not true. They do whatever they want. I guess that is what perspective you're coming from? It's probably why he fought back and ran because he figured he was going to die anyway.

And you guessed it. I don't want any police except detectives and maybe some elite squad who will jump up like firemen when serious danger is called in. Everything can be replaced by community services and DOT can handle motor vehicle crimes.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Step 1: Don't attack cops.

Step 2: Don't murder people because you are too weak and lazy to do your job correctly.

These two things don't have to be mutually exclusive.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join