It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California fatal shooting/ crowd responds

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

In possession of a firearm while committing a felony period
done deal. The cops will not face charges nor should they be
disciplined. The one who needed the discipline should've got
some from his parents. He'd likely still be breath'n. He could
ride his bike head on into a diesel against the better street
advice. And it wouldn't be much different.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Don’t fight cops and you won’t get shot.

There.

I’ve solved this issue.

What’s next?

I don't think it is that simple...In tough areas cops are harden and tend to ratchet up their demands very quickly. They also do not have a sense of awareness when to ratchet it back down.

The only people who fully comply with cops within seconds are basically criminals that know. I have seen house wives tasered because they stood confused about the situation for a few seconds longer than the cops cared. People in general are not use to a cop barking orders at them..criminals are and they assume the position quickly.

If this guy was homeless that is a whole other ball of wax as in his mental health would be in question too.

You have to respect them for carrying on such a #ty job, but most city cops are terrible, period.

The young ones are much better but it gets to the point where they're out of shape, and suffering severe PTSD.

It's a very ugly situation for these guys.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

Whether they're disciplined or not depends entirely on the public response. Unfortunately.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

The cop said he was punched. Do we actually know that? As for complying, how does this guy get to tell the cop he will kill him, wander back and forth and still gets back in his vehicle?
Video

This man, who was not asked for ID has his hands up and is kicked in the back and tackled. Come to find out they had the wrong guy, but still charged him with resisting.

Video

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

Well one crazy homeless guy down...Maybe we can eliminate 50k more... I don't disagree with you, but I also need to go back to the original crime...riding a bike. Dropping his clothing bundle that happened to have a gun in it is weak sauce to suggest shooting at that point even if he fought to get away.

I think there will be more to the story as I do not think a cop would shoot the guy just on what we know right now.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I don't like being stopped by cops, every time I do I feel like mouthing off or just leaving. You know what I actually do? The very opposite. I'm polite, even if the cops are being assholes, I listen to the things they say and don't do anything that could be interpreted as threatening.

As much as my encounters with cops have been unpleasant at times, even harassing, they haven't become violent.

Because I understand, that cop talking to me, has a taser, a gun, body armor, backup, handcuffs, a club, training, protection from the law for things I dont etc.

I may not like it, but as another commenter said, there's usually two ways out of a situation with a cop, the easy way and the hard way. The easy way might end up with you in jail still, but the hard way, you've got jail at best to look forward to, and becoming dead at worst.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DustDoses

You have to respect them for carrying on such a #ty job, but most city cops are terrible, period.

The young ones are much better but it gets to the point where they're out of shape, and suffering severe PTSD.

It's a very ugly situation for these guys.

I do and it is a tough job especially in inner city environments. This is why cop reform is needed, but in a much different way than what people have been suggesting. Going back to partners is a start....

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

I may not like it, but as another commenter said, there's usually two ways out of a situation with a cop, the easy way and the hard way. The easy way might end up with you in jail still, but the hard way, you've got jail at best to look forward to, and becoming dead at worst.

Ya everyone understands that...Now tell that to the person who has mental health issues, or drug issues. Cop reform is about how to deal with those types of people and not just beat the crap out of them or shoot them in the end.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Honestly what does any of it matter? Who cares whether the shooting was justified or not? The bottom line and the good news is this gives the Dems the excuse to burn LA to the ground. Since Dem mayors see post-riot Detroit as the model for future cityscape, this gives them the chance to gut LA and burn out the city vehicles and it justifies defunding the cops.

I dont see that anything else really matters.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Cop reform should be about teaching cops to disengage from people with mental health issues or who are acting out under the influence of drugs. Thats how they have reformed cops in Portland and Seattle from what I read; and its how they are handling things in NYC.........i.e., they arent responding. And of course, that means normal innocent citizens get hurt until they get smart enough to leave those cities........which they are doing in droves all across the country.

Thats progress, thats genuine cop reform.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Cop reform should be about teaching cops to disengage from people with mental health issues or who are acting out under the influence of drugs. Thats how they have reformed cops in Portland and Seattle from what I read; and its how they are handling things in NYC.........i.e., they arent responding. And of course, that means normal innocent citizens get hurt until they get smart enough to leave those cities........which they are doing in droves all across the country.

Thats progress, thats genuine cop reform.

This is actual police reform that will work, from a hardcore left wing liberal:

1. More funding

2. More paid vacation

3. More stringent physical requirements. (If you can't physically handle 90% of men your size, you should be pushing a pencil). A cop should be FULLY MMA trained and a street cop should be in fighting shape. A cop should know HOW to choke and WHEN to let it go, more importantly.

4. Regular rounds of effective psychotherapy, including access to rounds of psychedelic therapy, as this is the cutting edge of PTSD therapy. Extremists, sociopaths, and pussies need to be culled from the department.

5. End the war on drugs

5 steps to a PERFECT police force

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

"Dijon Kizzee"

You know, it's bad enough that they're raised to be criminals and thugs, must so many of these subjects also have names that sound like condiments?
edit on 1-9-2020 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

"Dijon Kizzee"

You know, it's bad enough that they're raised to be criminals and thugs, must so many of these subjects also have names that sound like condiments?

Yup. He definitely had it coming with that name!

Pop a few, done why chase anyone. F' it. Pop him and a paid vaca and no charges VS taking him down and see where he got the weapon or find out if he's involved in other crimes....you know the stuff we see on TV ☺️😂😅

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I’ll say it again.....DON’T BE A #ING CRIMINAL OR ENGAGE IN CRIMINAL ACTIVITIES.

Also if this shooting was not justified, HANG THE #ING COPS IN THE TOWN SQUARE AND SELL REFRESHMENTS.

At some point you have to wonder if these incidents are being staged somehow for the benefit of someone.
Because if I was a cop, I wouldn’t be using deadly force for a bicycle infraction.
And what the hell is a bicycle infraction in California anyway?

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
A good hypothesis would be that Dijon Kizzee was getting rid of or attempting to hide or move the weapon from the area of that shooting by passing it around and was either a known suspect or they new that he may have had it and decided to set up the entire thing or that were just too stupid to know better. If any of this is true my guess is that we will never know. Yeah I am most likely full it. But thats my only guess atm. a in a reply to: dug88

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Just to let it be known I might be reacting like a asshat here too. Either way this is not great and media is already in gear to use this it seems.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   

"Dijon Kizzee"

Jews?? (It's a Hebrew name).

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

"Dijon Kizzee"

Just wow. You know what is interesting in the videos I posted? Only one actually committed a crime and was a criminal did not comply and told the cop he would kill him. The non criminal, non thug with his hands up was the one who was beaten.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
This sounds a bit shady, they dropped him because he "had" a gun, which was on the ground..not liking this, upon 1st info.

Sounds very shady, I agree. Another day in America the police shoot and kill an unarmed black man. More will come and Republicans will jump for joy and victim blame. White supremacy is on the rise.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Don’t fight cops and you won’t get shot.

There.

I’ve solved this issue.

What’s next?

Your boys in blue sound pathetic...fist vs bullets? They wanted to kill him because he was black. Are you surprised it's the LAPD.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join