It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California fatal shooting/ crowd responds

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
California has been quiet during the riots.

Well that may be changing real fast, I'm sad to report. A black man was fatally shot yesterday late afternoon in Los Angeles. Though the details are still emerging, it was reported he had a tussle with officers and dropped a firearm before the shooting occurred.

(link contains video)
www.foxla.com...

The fatal encounter took place around 3:15 p.m. local time. The sheriff's department said the two deputies saw the man riding his bicycle in violation of vehicle codes, according to the LA Times, but offered no details about the man or the nature of any infraction.

abcnews.go.com...

Sheriff’s Lt. Brandon Dean said the specific violations were not known, the Los Angeles Times reported.

Dean said investigators had not yet interviewed the deputies, but he gave this account: When deputies tried to stop the man, he dropped his bike and ran. When they caught up to him he punched one of them in the face and dropped a bundle of clothes he was carrying. The deputies spotted a handgun in the bundle and opened fire.

“He was in possession of a firearm and did assault a deputy,” Dean said.

abcnews.go.com...

Crowds wasted no time to respond and gather.

A large crowd of people gathered near the scene of the incident in south Los Angeles, chanting "No justice, no peace" as deputies stood facing them. They also chanted the name Dijon Kizzee — the dead man's man name, according to the Los Angeles chapter of Black Lives Matter and media reports citing family members. Officials have not yet publicly identified the man.

www.kpbs.org...

edit on 1-9-2020 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Trying to more info about this stories I did a search for shootings in LA. The first result was about a shooting at a house party last night. That was also the latest in weeks of constant shootings every other day or so.in LA from what I could tell.

If I was a cop in LA, got punched by somebody who booked it from me and found a gun, I'm not waiting to ask questions.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
This sounds a bit shady, they dropped him because he "had" a gun, which was on the ground..not liking this, upon 1st info.

+33 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Don’t fight cops and you won’t get shot.

There.

I’ve solved this issue.

What’s next?

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

There.

I’ve solved this issue.

What’s next?

Go solve Portland?

+25 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

There.

I’ve solved this issue.

What’s next?

Go solve Portland?

Nuke it from orbit, it’s the only way to be sure.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

There.

I’ve solved this issue.

What’s next?

Ya, I get that, for instance, the Jacob guy..no real issue with that, this one, not so sure.

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

There.

I’ve solved this issue.

What’s next?

Ya, I get that, for instance, the Jacob guy..no real issue with that, this one, not so sure.

*shakes head*

If people want to defund cops, make police departments smaller. . . . then the only real thing to do is stop committing crimes.

If you don't give the cops a reason for existing, then there won't be cops.

This case? Specifically? Who knows.

It doesn't matter any more, really.

Because people will loot, burn buildings, harm innocent people now because; reasons.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

There.

I’ve solved this issue.

What’s next?

I agree, but as we have seen, more info needed before the pitchforks emerge, nope, too late, nevermind.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   

There.

I’ve solved this issue.

What’s next?

*shakes head*

If people want to defund cops, make police departments smaller. . . . then the only real thing to do is stop committing crimes.

If you don't give the cops a reason for existing, then there won't be cops.

This case? Specifically? Who knows.

It doesn't matter any more, really.

Because people will loot, burn buildings, harm innocent people now because; reasons.

Don't get me wrong, things have been allowed to get waaaaay out of hand, I'm not in the defund clique, I think better training, less dumb laws, unions..etc

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

There.

I’ve solved this issue.

What’s next?

I agree, but as we have seen, more info needed before the pitchforks emerge, nope, too late, nevermind.

I'm not raising any pitchfork yet, some will of course
edit on 1-9-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I was a bad boy all thru the 90s chalked up a grand total of
thirty five arrests. I just wanted it to sound like I'm brag'n.
All just petty warrants with a county lid no prison. But the
point is I seen some stupid ass people come in to that holding
tank. And I got arrested with a couple also. I still got all my teeth
because I knew once they rolled up. It's stop everything and let
them do their job. Cause if they decide you're go'n there's two
ways there. That's the only choice you have because you are
go'n. After a while I knew most of the deputies. And a couple
times deputy Coopersmith radioed the watch commander and
asked if he had to take me. Or could he just cite me for another
court date? And the commander said>" No bring his ass in here
I want to talk to him". You wouldn't believe what they can
know about you.

edit on 1-9-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   
He ran and punched a police officer in the face.
Sounds like he was another brainwashed idiot who thought he was above the law because he was black.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

If I was a cop in LA, got punched by somebody who booked it from me and found a gun, I'm not waiting to ask questions.

But the gun was in his bundle that he dropped, so he didn't have it when he was shot...

We will hear more about this, but at first glance this kind of goes down the path that I see as a major issue with some police departments in they come on too hard in the initial response as they quickly ratchet it up and they do not deescalate it once the situation has changed and the threat is reduced.

This sounds like maybe a homeless man who was riding his bike and breaking some local law about it... OK, homeless people are not all there in many cases... In Portland about 6 years ago they worked on changing their approach as crazy homeless people were getting killed by cops mainly because they were not fully complying at the time, and not so much they put the cop's life in danger.

edit on 1-9-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
So he dropped his bike when he saw the cops and then punched one of them in the face, turned out he also had a gun. That isn't an innocent person who just wants to walk in the park with his kids and has nothing to hide.
For those who say all the above doesn't warrant shooting him, I say that considering the facts we do know, why should I believe he didn't do other stupid stuff too, that got him shot?
Remember that cops get shot too, far too often. Only for doing their jobs. Then leave a sad wife/husband and kids without on of their parents behind.
Why are criminals who behave like demented baboons more important in the hierarchy of life than a police officer?

If there are dodgy officers...and there are [!], then it is quite OK to assume there are dodgy criminals.

Or am I forced to believe that all black criminals are actually mother Theresa? Come on.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   

So they shot an unarmed man? If he wasnt reaching for that dropped fire arm the officer that shot him needs to be tried for murder.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   

YAWN.

It's all so tiresome.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

There.

I’ve solved this issue.

What’s next?

I don't think it is that simple...In tough areas cops are harden and tend to ratchet up their demands very quickly. They also do not have a sense of awareness when to ratchet it back down.

The only people who fully comply with cops within seconds are basically criminals that know. I have seen house wives tasered because they stood confused about the situation for a few seconds longer than the cops cared. People in general are not use to a cop barking orders at them..criminals are and they assume the position quickly.

If this guy was homeless that is a whole other ball of wax as in his mental health would be in question too.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

I dont know the whole story here, but from the op it sounded to me like the gun was in the bundle of clothes he dropped, not in his hand pointing at the officer.

Just being in possession of a weapon isn't a legit reason to be shot.

Maybe he deserved it for something else idk, but sounded like he disarmed him self lmao.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

YAWN.

It's all so tiresome.

Not to worry. I have a feeling TPTB will be changing the backdrop again soon enough.

edit on 1-9-2020 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join