It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just signed up for the military.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
It doesn't take gutz to be an extremist and bradish a weapon.

If you are going out of patriotism then you are mistaken to really what patriotism means. You are choosing a lifetime of suffering in your mind for the actions you are committing yourself to take.

I'll glady brandish a weapon for I am an Extremist but I wouldn't be fighting with you.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by G0DFLESH
I've signed up for the Marines this afternoon for the United States army and I requested to be sent overseas to Iraq. I am 19 years old, and am extremely patriotic and feel I owe it to all the men that that bled for this wonderful country. I am dead sick of all the negative United States military posters on this forum who know nothing of duty and responsibility.

If god chooses me to fall in combat, then let it be. I wouldn't want to go any other way.

Godflesh,

You have chosen to do something that few others have done, and that is to take responsibility for the country in the form of your own life. While others sit idly by, safely at home in America, insulting the very nation that gave them birth, and cannot even be bothered to vote, you have taken the most valuable gift you have, and laid it on the line for them, and countless others whom you will never know.

The cost of the freedom is often inconcievable even to those who choose to stand up and fight to preserve it. Keep this in mind, always, and never lose sight of what you are fighting to preserve. Political squabbles and petty scandals will come and go. Border and battle lines will be drawn and redrawn. Friendlies and Hostiles will sometimes seem indistinguishable from one another, or change so often as to have nearly no meaning. Liberty, however, must always burn bright across our nation, and sadly, must sometimes be fueled with the blood of it's greatest proponants. Never forget this, never give up, and never let that fire die out.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS

I'll glady brandish a weapon for I am an Extremist but I wouldn't be fighting with you.

So OOPS, you have no guts?

And you mention you would "gladly" brandish a weapon. When do you sign up? You have your trip to iraq planned out? When do you leave?

Wait, your NOT going? Why? You say such strong words to a man who is actualy ACTING on his convictions. That must mean that you are going to act on yours too. But somehow I dont think you will even leave your keyboard. You simply dont have the courage like this man does, you can only muster the courage behind the protection of the internet.

Someday maybe you will know the bravery this man has. Until then shut your mouth.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I've signed up for the Marines this afternoon for the United States army and I requested to be sent overseas to Iraq. I am 19 years old, and am extremely patriotic and feel I owe it to all the men that that bled for this wonderful country. I am dead sick of all the negative United States military posters on this forum who know nothing of duty and responsibility.

If god chooses me to fall in combat, then let it be. I wouldn't want to go any other way.

You know what man, good for you, but spare me the patriotic crap!

All the negative United States military posters on this forum know nothing of duty and responsibility????? How the hell do you know?
Why don't you go tell your momma that same crap that Bush spewed out at the State of the Union. Something like "Aw mamma, I'm gonna go fight the terrorists over there so they don't come over here and hurt you mamma".

Stay frosty! (I love that line!)

Peace

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   

He has more guts than you will ever know. If you are so against the USA fighting that war, how come you are here posting on these forums instead of fighting against us? This young man is following his convictions, and he has the courage to do it.

As long as you sit in front of your keyboard doing NOTHING, you have no right to question this mans decision.

Anybody on these boards who has anything negative to say about this man, you should be ashamed of yourselves. No matter what your opinion of this war is. This man has the courage to do what he thinks he needs to do. If you naysayers have an issue with what this guy is doing, get off your lazy coward a$$es and do something about it and earn some respect.

Anyways, 100% behind you G0DFLESH

I dont fight nobodys wars except my own, go fight who?....for what?...

And why should i fight your dirty war, youre the one that should be signing for a tour of duty, mr local patriot...LAZY COWARD ASS PATRIOT

And it is YOU who should be ashamed, sending kids to fight a war they know nothing about....waving them goodbye and sh.... it is you who are the killers of your youth. You are all guilty of IGNORANCE

And if fighting for imperium is what HE thinks he should do, HE should think harder. There are other ways to make money than killing people in THEIR own country. He and the likes are not to blame, it is the government that is making it look COOL if you are a soldier, when theres nothing cool about it.

You earn respect by killing people? Only in America...

Dont be a slave kid, you will get blood of many on your hands by fighting for a mere illusion of "patriotism", while others get rich on it.

now you see what you made me do....patriot chicken

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   

He has more guts than you will ever know.

I admit it takes some balls to go fight in a war but it doesnt take much balls to fight in Iraq on the Americans side, in fact youd have to be a complete pussy to be scared of doing it. To fight on Iraq's side takes balls.

If you are so against the USA fighting that war, how come you are here posting on these forums instead of fighting against us?

What the hell are you talking about? The only way anyone here can get a chance to fight against the U.S right now is to go join an Iraqi extremist group, in which case youd probably be killed by the extremists before the americans. Believe me if U.S.A started a war with my country tomorrow id be the first to join the army.

This young man is following his convictions, and he has the courage to do it.

He wants to go to Iraq, thats his decision, all i wanna know is why? Iraq is over, americas won, what in the hell do you wanna go there for, as U.S needs more troops over there, aswell your 19 so you probably dont have all that much experience in the military so theres a good chance your gonna get gunned down.

As long as you sit in front of your keyboard doing NOTHING, you have no right to question this mans decision.

He told his plans on a message board so he could get opinions on it, and thats what were doing giving our opinions wether they be negative or positive.

Anybody on these boards who has anything negative to say about this man, you should be ashamed of yourselves. No matter what your opinion of this war is. This man has the courage to do what he thinks he needs to do.

I bet if it was somebody saying he was signing up to join the Iraqi extremists people like you would be disrespecting him.

If you naysayers have an issue with what this guy is doing, get off your lazy coward a$$es and do something about it and earn some respect.

Sadly apart from Iraqi's or anyone that has a chance of joining an Iraqi extremist group has and will never have a chance of fighting the U.S. I would gladly die if it meant taking a few U.S soldiers down with me.

I respect the fact that your doing what you think is right but im 100% against your decision and think theres a good chance your gonna pay for that decision with your life.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   
He earns respect for fighting what he believes in, not hiding behind a monitor complaining about it like you.

I dont support this war at all, and I dont like my President. But what does that have to do with this brave man doing what he thinks he needs to do to protect himself, his family and country?

He has the balls to do what he thinks is right, and that earns respect. You little kids keep hiding behind your PC's, while this man is out fighting for your right to keep spewing your hate.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

So OOPS, you have no guts?

And you mention you would "gladly" brandish a weapon. When do you sign up? You have your trip to iraq planned out? When do you leave?

Wait, your NOT going? Why? You say such strong words to a man who is actualy ACTING on his convictions. That must mean that you are going to act on yours too. But somehow I dont think you will even leave your keyboard. You simply dont have the courage like this man does, you can only muster the courage behind the protection of the internet.

Someday maybe you will know the bravery this man has. Until then shut your mouth.

HaHa....ooooooooooh Skippy WEEEE HEEEEE HAAAAA HAAAAAA HOOOOOO HOOOOOO

I'll pick up a weapon when It's time to revolt for my country. And I suspect when this day happens we will be on opposite sides of the line.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   

u are coming to iraq .
good for u.
its jus a matter of time before somebody's ak47 will sent u out to heaven

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I dont support this war at all, and I dont like my President. But what does that have to do with this brave man doing what he thinks he needs to do to protect himself, his family and country?

You dont support the war but you support people going to fight in it. Not much of a difference there.

He has the balls to do what he thinks is right, and that earns respect. You little kids keep hiding behind your PC's, while this man is out fighting for your right to keep spewing your hate.

Eh skippy, what the fuk are you doing? Sitting on your ass moaning at people, why dont you get up off your lazy bithcass and go fight in Iraq. Probably nobody here has a chance of fighting on the Iraqi side of the war but theres nothing stopping you from fighting on the U.S side. What i wouldnt give to come face to face with someone like you in a war.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Amen

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   

u are coming to iraq .
good for u.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
This rhetoric about God Save the Queen and For Love and Country is repulsive...I wanna puke...

I doubt the truth to his posting...

I don't think any Americans are going out on BBSs bragging HEY IM GOING TO IRAQ....SEND ME A HALLMARK CARD

It's my right to speak my mind
It's my right not not agree and not be punished
Anything you say has no meaning
Only your meanings have worth.
Mean what you say...

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
So I guess your duty and responsibilty lie with the US corporate government and not the US people?

Originally posted by nukunuku
More meat for the grinder!

ahhhh the stupidity of humans is everlasting....

Originally posted by Corinthas
Congrats your'e now a professional bullet catcher, and killer.

Good job you have an accepted madate on your side otherwise you'd be a terrorist btw.

You three sicken me. Absolutely sicken me. We all have differing views on Bush, the crap going on in Iraq, and yet the others that disagreed at least managed to temper their words with a degree of grace and civility due to anyone of any country who decides to join the armed forces of their nation.

You three fancy yourselves rebellious intellectuals, with your acid wit, and your clever little punchlines. I respect your right to a differing opinion. In point of fact, I think Bush, the Iraq war, and several military actions are huge mistakes.

However, your immature and insulting way of expressing it, and blatant disregard for someone sacrificing their life for their beliefs, gives me the impression that you've got either zero sense, or zero empathy.

I believe you owe Godflesh an apology.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Dude, you left me out? Don't I sicken you too?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   

And no wonder everybody is waving you goodbye with best wishes, just shows theyre all braindead and dont know first thing about how dirty wars really are. Or they do and its better you than them.
Get ready for a surpriseeeeeee.....

Probably more than you think...(bolded) I was planning to go into the military myself out of high school, but minor medical issues meant I couldn't do what I wanted to go in for.

Still, I've got a good idea I believe, of how dirty war can be, and I'd wish any of our members to stay safe when putting their lives on the line.

Also though, while I'd be the first one to pick up a rifle or a steak knife even, and defend my country, I do not equate the actions in Iraq to that defense.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Dude, you left me out? Don't I sicken you too?

Almost, but you didn't do something the others did, and did something the others did not.

The reason I left you out was largely because of your middle sentance

If you are going out of patriotism then you are mistaken to really what patriotism means. You are choosing a lifetime of suffering in your mind for the actions you are committing yourself to take.

You justified your position without actually insulting him, or calling him a terrorist, but rather warning him of what he is to face, and disagreeing with his stance. That's fine. I don't have a problem with people disagreeing. What I have a problem with is people insulting him for giving the ultimate sacrifice for something he believes so strongly in.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Good for you G0DFLESH. Joining the World's Finest military is a great way to get started. Make sure you take the GI bill option. You won't regret it. It paid for pretty much all my college, and employers love seeing prior service history on your resume'.

To all the naysayers....We can't hear you from Iraq when you're sitting on your butt at home whining about the war, so yap all you want about filling body bags. While you are whining, we are having a blast serving. The men and women we work with, and the jobs we do fill us with pride and give us great memories we look back on and never regret. Trust me, someone who's been there(Southwest Asia w/Bronze star, Operation Desert Storm), and not someone hiding behind their monitor at home. You'll love it!

[edit on 16-3-2005 by dbates]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by fishbrain

You dont support the war but you support people going to fight in it. Not much of a difference there.

Eh skippy, what the fuk are you doing? Sitting on your ass moaning at people, why dont you get up off your lazy bithcass and go fight in Iraq. Probably nobody here has a chance of fighting on the Iraqi side of the war but theres nothing stopping you from fighting on the U.S side. What i wouldnt give to come face to face with someone like you in a war.

I am not critisizing a person for actually ACTING on something. You are too much of a coward to get up yourself so you hide and complain.

And there is a HUGE difference between supporting a war and supporting your fellow countrymen fighting it, if you dont see that you are more lost and confused than I could ever imagine.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Good luck, & come home in one piece.

As much as I am opposed to the Iraq War, I will say you get 1000x times as much respect from me as all the chickenhawks posting rah rah warmongering BS from the safety of their armchairs.

Once there though, you may find things are not as black and white as you think.

Keep your eyes open and your head down.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join