It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just signed up for the military.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I've signed up for the Marines this afternoon for the United States army and I requested to be sent overseas to Iraq. I am 19 years old, and am extremely patriotic and feel I owe it to all the men that that bled for this wonderful country. I am dead sick of all the negative United States military posters on this forum who know nothing of duty and responsibility.

If god chooses me to fall in combat, then let it be. I wouldn't want to go any other way.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I wish you the best and pray that you are returned home to your loved ones safe and sound. Take care of yourself.

If you need anything - don't hesitate to contact me.

Bleys.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Good for you!! Putting your money where your mouth is!! I sincerely hope the best for you and wish you good luck. I also hope you know that you are defending American principles, the most important of which is the freedom of speech, IMHO.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Which is it, G0DFLESH, did you decide on the Marines or the Army?

Either way, keep your head down and your powder dry. Here's hoping you have the adventure of your life and return safe.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Thank you for being brave.....when others are afraid.
I appreciate what you are doing for me, my family and my country. Thank you very much!
Please be safe there, and keep posting if you can so you can let us all know how your doing, k?
I am sure your family will miss you, and I am sure they are VERY proud.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by G0DFLESH
I've signed up for the Marines this afternoon for the United States army and I requested to be sent overseas to Iraq. I am 19 years old, and am extremely patriotic and feel I owe it to all the men that that bled for this wonderful country. I am dead sick of all the negative United States military posters on this forum who know nothing of duty and responsibility.

If god chooses me to fall in combat, then let it be. I wouldn't want to go any other way.

Doh!!

Wait a minute you signed up for the marines and the army?
Better check where ya going son, might end up with a sea bag instead of a foot locker

So I guess your duty and responsibilty lie with the US corporate government and not the US people?

Are you Ed's kid?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Brain Immaturity Could Explain Teen Crash Rate

By most physical measures, teenagers should be the world's best drivers. Their muscles are supple, their reflexes quick, their senses at a lifetime peak. Yet car crashes kill more of them than any other cause -- a problem, some researchers believe, that is rooted in the adolescent brain.

A National Institutes of Health study suggests that the region of the brain that inhibits risky behavior is not fully formed until age 25, a finding with implications for a host of policies, including the nation's driving laws.

"We'd thought the highest levels of physical and brain maturity were reached by age 18, maybe earlier -- so this threw us," said Jay Giedd, a pediatric psychiatrist leading the study, which released its first results in April. That makes adolescence "a dangerous time, when it should be the best."

The measures also are supported by crash statistics and a soon-to-be-released study from Temple University, which used a driving-style test to show that young people consistently take greater risks when their friends are watching.

--------

"This goes toward supporting evidence that the judgment of teens further deteriorates with distractions. These crashes are preventable," Mandel said. "I would welcome [researchers'] testimony at our bill hearings."

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 03:24 AM
link   
OK, I must say - how can you confuse the marines with the army. If I were you I wouldn't mix those two up in front of your fellow marines

I must say though - I do envy you if this is true. I tried to get into the marines. Unfortunately I was not allowed because of my physical.

Good luck to you mate, and God bless you.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Come back home in one piece and try not to let what you see and have to do affect your ability to do your job. Godspeed and hurry back home.
OOOORRRAA

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Way to go! Give them hell and come home intact.

Its OK to die for your country, just dont die for Dubya!!

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Good luck, come home safe.

Your training can and will save you, so pay attention

[edit on 16-3-2005 by negativenihil]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   

God bless you. I respect, and admire you. God speed to you, and may you come back to tell your grandchildren about your experiences defending this fantastic nation. If I ever meet you, I'll be the first to buy you a beer.
Semper Fi!

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
If you're 19 & that's an example of your capabilities in writing, well, many of us came to the same conclusion after realizing we don't have many options, thus, military service.
It's just unfortunate that your time is during an occupation phase.

Good luck.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Good luck to you!

Be sure to pick up an Arab phrase book!

And ALWAYS remember Murphy's Laws of Combat!

www.megazone.org...

If the enemy is in range, so are you.
Incoming fire has the right of way.
Don't look conspicuous, it draws fire.
There is always a way, and it usually doesn't work.
The problem with the easy way out is that it has already been mined.

etc. etc.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Why in hell would you wanna join the army to go to Iraq? What good can you do over there? I wouldnt do it if I were you, chances are your gonna come home in a body bag.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
More meat for the grinder!

ahhhh the stupidity of humans is everlasting....

reminds me of a manga Usagi Yojimbo:

Usagi to sensei:

I want to learn to become a skilled samurai sensei,
..fighting brigands, going off to war, dueling....

Sensei: FOOL!

And no wonder everybody is waving you goodbye with best wishes, just shows theyre all braindead and dont know first thing about how dirty wars really are. Or they do and its better you than them.
Get ready for a surpriseeeeeee.....

...and watch out for those bombers, KID

....coming back in a body bag was a pretty good movie....too bad you didnt see it

[edit on 16-3-2005 by nukunuku]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku
More meat for the grinder!

ahhhh the stupidity of humans is everlasting....

reminds me of a manga Usagi Yojimbo:

Usagi to sensei:

I want to learn to become a skilled samurai sensei,
..fighting brigands, going off to war, dueling....

Sensei: FOOL!

And no wonder everybody is waving you goodbye with best wishes, just shows theyre all braindead and dont know first thing about how dirty wars really are. Or they do and its better you than them.
Get ready for a surpriseeeeeee.....

...and watch out for those bombers, KID

He has more guts than you will ever know. If you are so against the USA fighting that war, how come you are here posting on these forums instead of fighting against us? This young man is following his convictions, and he has the courage to do it.

As long as you sit in front of your keyboard doing NOTHING, you have no right to question this mans decision.

Anybody on these boards who has anything negative to say about this man, you should be ashamed of yourselves. No matter what your opinion of this war is. This man has the courage to do what he thinks he needs to do. If you naysayers have an issue with what this guy is doing, get off your lazy coward a$$es and do something about it and earn some respect.

Anyways, 100% behind you G0DFLESH

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Congrats your'e now a professional bullet catcher, and killer.

Good job you have an accepted madate on your side otherwise you'd be a terrorist btw.

LOL!

Do whatever you want (youre doing that anyway i know).. but really you're a puppet on a string... you're a pice of meat now and Bush will find a NEW piece of foreign soil for you to bleed on within 5 years i am SURE!

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas
Congrats your'e now a professional bullet catcher, and killer.

Good job you have an accepted madate on your side otherwise you'd be a terrorist btw.

LOL!

Do whatever you want (youre doing that anyway i know).. but really you're a puppet on a string... you're a pice of meat now and Bush will find a NEW piece of foreign soil for you to bleed on within 5 years i am SURE!

Big words from a coward hiding behind a monitor. Easy to say that stuff isnt it? Try doing something about it like Flesh is.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
A person interested in conspiracy theories joining the military. Gotta say it sounds unreal, but I guess anything is possible. Just know that your life is now truly in the hands of those involved with the conspiracies that you were interested in.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join