It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden Blames Trump for Riots and Looting

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

originally posted by: DustDoses

originally posted by: game over man

a reply to: game over man

If you think this is about white supremacy, try telling BLM that all lives matter.

Why would I say that? Do you hate black people or something?

Nope. But I love Asians and Hispanics and Eastern Indians and even a couple of natives too. They all matter.
This is why people can not submit to thought police. You can not redefine words. It’s starts with having to calling a man a woman, then a semi-automatic rifle is an assault rifle, then a riot is a protest, then all lives matter means I hate black people.

Now we can’t even have our words anymore. Thanks ANTIFASCIST!! It was a lot more free before you kicked out all that fascism. Incels.

Appropriating a movement like Black Lives Matter, which is the only hope that some folks have for their childrens future, by screaming "ALL LIVES MATTER"

Pretty disgusting stuff.

No # all lives matter. That's why you're sitting on a degree and a savings account, in a nice warm home. Because your life matters

Nope. My life mattered before I got my degrees and my savings.
I earned every thing I have. I got up EVERYDAY and went to class even when I wanted to cry and I still get up and go to work EVERYDAY and sometimes I do cry on the way to and from work.
Everything I have is because I earned it and I will not feel guilty for bettering myself.
No matter how angry BLM gets, you can not take my life’s work because someone told you than someone I don’t know did something to someone you don’t know.
Sorry.

So I'm guessing you went to a #ty elementary school with a 50% drop out rate, then covered for rent, food, transportation, and a five figure tuition on a part-time city retail job.

Nope. You got help.

Mr. I did it all myself. Lol.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Have you had conversations with any of these people? Have you heard their stories of how they are frequently pulled over in their suburban city and usually never charged with anything but they looked suspicious? Have you heard them talk about their teenage sons being stopped while walking for being suspicious?

The conversation with young black men or people of color and cop interaction goes on in black households rich, middle class and poor.

It is not a narrative, it is a real fear that people have.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Seriously, no matter how many times the media repeats it's lies, nobody believes Trump is responsible for any of the riots.

Trump doesn't control any of the police involved in any of the altercations, or any police officers at all. Guess who does? Local Democrat leadership.

Trump has repeatedly offered help to those cities experiencing the rioting.

Also nobody believes it's all being done by secret white supremacists. There's pictures of the BLM busses all over the Internet, it's obvious who's behind the destruction. There's numerous posts explaining why this is just stupid. The rioters are being let out of jail and not charged by local city Democrats. Biden, Kamala, and plenty of sports and entertainment celebrities are bailing the rest out of jail.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DustDoses

I graduated high school in a class of 1200. 40 white.
I got my first degree at 27. Before that I worked in construction, installed air conditioners. Then my band got signed. Did three tours. Band broke up. Got my nursing liscence at 32
You go out there and you get yours.
You don’t cry because you’re scared to take the first step.
edit on 1-9-2020 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

But what I want to know is how you could assume so much from so little?

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

Have you had conversations with any of these people? Have you heard their stories of how they are frequently pulled over in their suburban city and usually never charged with anything but they looked suspicious? Have you heard them talk about their teenage sons being stopped while walking for being suspicious?

The conversation with young black men or people of color and cop interaction goes on in black households rich, middle class and poor.

It is not a narrative, it is a real fear that people have.

Ya I was in the military almost 30 years so ya I talked to them a time or two...lol

So the question is where is this going on...EVERYWHERE? Every Friday morning my black friend and I have Coffee at a coffee shot to shoot the sh!t. He can tell me stories in his life of what you suggest, and you know what I being white have my own stories too.

Once again we need to go back to why does it happen...why do Black leadership say they fear their own people? I think it was Jackson that said "There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery. Then (I) look around and see someone white and feel relieved."

If the city has gangs then Black males not in gangs will be pulled over because of association and it is reasonable they should have fear...but what is creating the whole situation in these places...the color of their skin or the dysfunctional life styles of many that live there. We also need to remember that in these minority areas most of the cops are also minorities...

edit on 1-9-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I graduated high school in a class of 1200. 40 white.
I got my first degree at 27. Before that I worked in construction, installed air conditioners. Then my band got signed. Did three tours. Band broke up. Got my nursing liscence at 32
You go out there and you get yours.
You don’t cry because you’re scared to take the first step.

Right, HVAC certification right out of highschool.

Sounds like you didn't get any help.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

My best friend got the job first. I got it through him. I crawled under trailers and got muddy and dealt with snakes and wasp and got the sh!t shocked out of me and twice a week for 8 dollars an hour.
I had to look up what hvac was. Our school had a votec department but I was a band nerd.

The biggest help in my life was when I started paying myself first.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Annee

You’re black — you walk outside — you’re already guilty just by the color of your skin.

The big question in 2020 is whether your statement is reality or a pushed narrative. The vast majority of Blacks live well above the poverty line in mixed communities. I live in a higher end community and at least 20% of my neighbors are Black, another 30+ are other people of color. My wife and kids are not white, I see many mixed couples these days. My next door neighbor's wife is Iranian the other is Mexican lol.

Now go into some inner cites and it is a different story. One of the big problems there is the Black culture is highly dysfunctional and so they live in a world of dyfunctionality that bleeds across into the local Government and police etc. and yes, everyone looks at Blacks there as if they are already guilty TO INCLUDE BLACKS LOOKING AT OTHER BLACKS...lol

All the top Black leaders have said just this in recent past, to include people like Lemon on CNN, so everyone knows it, but in 2020 it is now pushed as a nation wide racist narrative for political reasons.

Systematic racism is still very much a reality.

Keeping it simple (because it’s not) — self worth must come first.

The largest single demographic of college graduates has been black women. It’s a start.

Culture (any culture) IMO — is the hardest thing to change/evolve from. It seems to me — it’s an individual process.

Dysfunctional compared to what? What is your point of reference/judgment?

This always reminds me of the Mexican parties I was invited to. They wouldn’t think of getting a babysitter so they could go to the “adult” party — as the “white” culture does. So, who is the more evolved?

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

I live in Seattle, it's not burning to the ground, there's peaceful protests happening everyday. The protesting denial is just like denying climate change.

When climate change causes massive wildfires, you see it on the news and hear stories and see pictures of all the fire fighters and devastation. Where is that news in the current civil rights movement?

I'm willing to bet firefighters spend more time fighting climate change than anything.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Your friend never had any instances like this in the suburbs? That is what I was addressing. Those that are not a criminal element and have young sons do have that fear. I was stating it is not a narrative. I mean I suppose we could never have news reports of the incidents that do occur, but the video of lots of brutal ones are online anyway and never in the news.

The city problem. That is a huge one and to be honest with you that will take a long time to resolve. I think you will have a criminal element, drug element always. I honestly do not know the best place to start so that all people have the same opportunity. You can say they do, but many have a lot of things against them from the jump, I mean even the basics, food insecurity is even an issue, lack of fresh produce is an issue, can't imagine you feel like studying if you're hungry as a child. Where do you start to fix what's broken?

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

You’re black — you walk outside — you’re already guilty just by the color of your skin.

The big question in 2020 is whether your statement is reality or a pushed narrative. The vast majority of Blacks live well above the poverty line in mixed communities. I live in a higher end community and at least 20% of my neighbors are Black, another 30+ are other people of color. My wife and kids are not white, I see many mixed couples these days. My next door neighbor's wife is Iranian the other is Mexican lol.

Now go into some inner cites and it is a different story. One of the big problems there is the Black culture is highly dysfunctional and so they live in a world of dyfunctionality that bleeds across into the local Government and police etc. and yes, everyone looks at Blacks there as if they are already guilty TO INCLUDE BLACKS LOOKING AT OTHER BLACKS...lol

All the top Black leaders have said just this in recent past, to include people like Lemon on CNN, so everyone knows it, but in 2020 it is now pushed as a nation wide racist narrative for political reasons.

This always reminds me of the Mexican parties I was invited to. They wouldn’t think of getting a babysitter so they could go to the “adult” party — as the “white” culture does. So, who is the more evolved?

Lol, this reads like "I know a black guy and he is so well spoken"

Hey Annee do you carry hot sauce in your purse too?
😂🤡🤣

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

So what should Trump do? He has offered to stop the riots. The governors refuse his help. His only option is insurrection act. This is a failure on the mayors and governors.
What do you think Trump should do? Offer them BJs?

The one small event of adding people to Portland to protect the fed building created a huge outcry of jack boots on the ground from a fascist leader!!! Could you imagine what would be the cry if Trump actually went the direction to use the insurrection act? The Dems are drooling over the prospect...They would LOVE IT to happen.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

My best friend got the job first. I got it through him. I crawled under trailers and got muddy and dealt with snakes and wasp and got the sh!t shocked out of me and twice a week for 8 dollars an hour.
I had to look up what hvac was. Our school had a votec department but I was a band nerd.

The biggest help in my life was when I started paying myself first.

I don't want to give you anymore #. That's awesome, great work man

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I live in Seattle, it's not burning to the ground, there's peaceful protests happening everyday.

I was in LA during the Watts riots.

They did bring in the National Guard that set up a perimeter around the area. It was not a large area. They contained the rioters in the area, but they did not interfere.

Relatives from Ohio thought all of Los Angeles was under siege from videos and photos of the riot.

It wasn’t.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

originally posted by: jtma508
Why don't you guys check to see what groups are actually behind the riots? Besides random idiots that just get off on creating chaos, you have right-wing groups intentionally going to these protests with the specific intent to cause mayhem in order to make it look like it's being instigated by 'the left'. This Rittenhouse ahole responded to a Facebook post by a right-wing group telling people to show up. And then you have a caravan of Trump supporters driving into Portland to parade their colors. What clueless idiots would do that unless they specifically wanted to create more problems? And Trump was asked to NOT go to Kenosha because his presence could create more problems but he's going anyways. Why would he DO that? Because Trump WANTS to inflame the violence in a last-ditch effort to save his impotent and pathetic chances for a second term.

I'm not a fan of Trump but to his credit and much to my surpise he condemmed the violence by the right and the shooting saying he didn't want their vote and calling for calm within an hour of the event unfolding.

Trump is self-serving.

He supports Kyle Rittenhouse and then condemns violence elsewhere in selected areas.

Legitimate peaceful protesting for equality is not wrong.

The fact extremists and various other groups infiltrated to take advantage — does not diminish or make wrong the original core purpose.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again :
When you call riots ‘peaceful protests’ you forfeit any expectation of a productive conversation. If you can’t be intellectually honest, why should we meet you half-way?

Trump called pro-Trump protestors shooting paintballs into crowds 'peaceful protest'. I think the vast majority are comdemming the riots.

Trump called everyone on the street this year 'looters, rioters, anarchists and thugs' despite the majority of demonstrations being peacefull and the ones that turn into riots are in the minority (still doesn't excuse the rioters though.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I live in Seattle, it's not burning to the ground, there's peaceful protests happening everyday.

They did bring in the National Guard that set up a perimeter around the area. It was not a large area. They contained the rioters in the area, but they did not interfere.

Relatives from Ohio thought all of Los Angeles was under siege from videos and photos of the riot.

It wasn’t.

There was at least a solid week this summer of every Seattlite laughing hysterically at the left, moderate, and right news saying Seattle was taken over. When literally people were dropping acid and having drum circles 😂 it was so funny. It sucked when that ended. It did open my mind that all media is probably over glorifying everything for media attention.

ATS lately, "The country is burning down from riots." Where is the Fire Fighters proof of this? This claim is to distract from climate change. ATS is claiming BLM started the wild fires in Northern California. 😂

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Systematic racism is still very much a reality.

That is pure bull crap... I don't think people really understand what that means.

reference to the systems in place that create and maintain racial inequality in nearly every facet of life for people of color.

Really? This is what you think? Systematic racism today is just liberal code for white supremacy. America is one of the lest racist countries out there. I been to over 70 and we are actually good. Go to China, India, Japan, most Middle East counties, plus another 100 or more and that is where you see Systematic racism.

The largest single demographic of college graduates has been black women. It’s a start.

Start of what? Should we even care they are black or women? I don't care...

Dysfunctional compared to what? What is your point of reference/judgment?

70%+ of children are born to young single mothers with little hope there is a dad involved, drugs, gangs, crime, cultural views on what are the right paths in life so on and so forth. How do 66 people get shot in one city on one day alone see to you as a dysfunctional society in a city?

So we have parties and there are two types adult and children that go on at the same time...So I'm missing your point here...

How does a single Black mother raise kids that come from different dads while not really working, is on drugs, isn't really old enough to provide anything to the kids as the kids grow up seeing gang life as a great option from what they have...

There is a never ending cycle there...

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I understand perfectly what systematic racism is.

Just as I understand what systematic gender discrimination is.

I’ve been around awhile.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

It wasn’t.

There was at least a solid week this summer of every Seattlite laughing hysterically at the left, moderate, and right news saying Seattle was taken over. When literally people were dropping acid and having drum circles 😂 it was so funny. It sucked when that ended. It did open my mind that all media is probably over glorifying everything for media attention.

ATS lately, "The country is burning down from riots." Where is the Fire Fighters proof of this? This claim is to distract from climate change. ATS is claiming BLM started the wild fires in Northern California. 😂

“If it bleeds — it leads”

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

Your friend never had any instances like this in the suburbs? That is what I was addressing. Those that are not a criminal element and have young sons do have that fear. I was stating it is not a narrative. I mean I suppose we could never have news reports of the incidents that do occur, but the video of lots of brutal ones are online anyway and never in the news.

Nope, the cops are great, nice people...They are not shooting anyone...there are 327 million people in America, of course you will have reports...even if it is one report out of 327 million people, the news will make sure you hear it...lol
Just like Portland with all that rioting...the reality is it is well under 200 people out of 700,000, but hey the news will give you minute by minute play of it all if it fits their narrative. My friends stories are pretty much pre 80s...

The videos on line do happen...I would first need to ask where did it happen? Was it in a place with gangs/dysfunctional societies where we both agree if you are Black you are guilty by association. Pretty much all Blacks that get a head in life get out of these crappy places.

The city problem. That is a huge one and to be honest with you that will take a long time to resolve. I think you will have a criminal element, drug element always. I honestly do not know the best place to start so that all people have the same opportunity. You can say they do, but many have a lot of things against them from the jump, I mean even the basics, food insecurity is even an issue, lack of fresh produce is an issue, can't imagine you feel like studying if you're hungry as a child. Where do you start to fix what's broken?

I'm not sure the local Goverment really wants to fix it...It is tough to change culture. I think you do it block by block... Liberals are not helping... A big one would be school vouchers and chapter school that the Republicans are pushing for but the Democrats do not want since it would affect the teacher unions that are Democrat.

More cops on the streets, not in cars..walking a beat...More healthcare workers to have oversight on every kid for safety, comfort, food, housing etc. Get these kids into chapter schools away from all that dysfunctionality, maybe even boarding schools would help like the days of old. Follow up with college for the ones who would be successful there and vocational schools for everyone else.

It is all big changes from the status quo already in place.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join