It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top General at Pentagon exposes coup to overthrow President Trump

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79
a reply to: chr0naut

What's that Jack Nicholson quote? First you take reason, then accountability... Or something.

You are obviously not wanting to be accountable for what you wrote here and are avoiding facing your reasons for it, by introducing these 'red herring' irrelevant responses.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Joe loved the American people....not so much the American system.
He frequently stated that he found the US a nation of contradictions......who could argue with that?

He'd ceratainly be horrified at what is going on now.

As I said, I'd love to debate his songs and lyrics etc but this isn't the time or place.
Start a thread and I'll discuss anything and everything Clash/Strummer related.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

www.youtube.com...

Old Joe is on the ball again this evening.

Seems to make a modicum of sense at least.
edit on 31-8-2020 by andy06shake because: Wont let me embed the link.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Say it slowly with me.

Removing the President, for whatever reason, is...not...their...job.

Under certain circumstances it would be FBI. Other circumstances might be the Secret Service. Or even another LEO organization such as the Capital Police, though I'm not sure under what circumstance they'd be involved.

Not the military. Never, under any circumstances, should the military ever be involved.

Coup or not. Not ever.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Only one of many reasons.

...and it's well down the list.

It's why we have elections. A President that refuses to leave office against all tradition and law is, in reality, powerless. Congress holds the purse-strings. The Supreme Court rules on legalities.

So, unless a refusenic President has thousands upon thousands of supporters willing to obey him, again in violation of law and tradition, he's helpless to accomplish much of anything. Military is obligated to disobey any orders given by him, or his representatives. As would we, as citizens, be so obligated. I certainly wouldn't obey, or even consider doing so, any orders of any sort.

Checks and Balances. It's a thing.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

This is me, in front of the White House, protecting el Presidente Forever, Our Lord King Trump The First!

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   

''You gotta be able to go out there and do it for yourself.

No one's gonna give it to you.''

Joe

No one's gonna give it to you......interesting quote...

''There's nothing but bad news in the newspapers to make us live in a constant state of paranoia. That's what they want because it keeps people in fear.''

Hmmm
Joe was ahead of the fake news curve eh?

KNOW YOUR RIGHTS!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Nah. I just want him investigated, exposed, charged and sentenced.

If that sentence carries the death penalty, happy days.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

What on earth has any of that got to do with Second Amendment Rights?

I could give you literally hundreds of quotes from Joe himself and/or his lyrics that would reveal him to be quite opposed to the vast majority of things you seem to be claiming he stood for.

Neither he, nor I for what little that matters, was/is against individual and inalienable rights.....whether or not that included carrying guns around and shooting people is another matter altogether.

I can give you quotes whereby Joe supported open borders, passionatley and repeatedly rails against right-wing politics and advocates left-wing thinking.

I could go on and on but like I've said twice already I'd rather not in this thread.
The complexities and greatness of The Clash/Joe Strummer deserve a thread all to itself.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

Nah. I just want him investigated, exposed, charged and sentenced.

If that sentence carries the death penalty, happy days.

Yes, get all of the criminals. The higher the rank, the harder the sentence.

But that doesn't mean you don't go after the minor agitators and terrorists against which you have evidence.

edit on 1/9/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I dont think this guy is aware that Biden stole Pences speech from the RNC convention. I heard Biden and just had to laugh I'm sure at some point Mike Pence will bring this up.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Oh i so love the batmobile i really wish i could have one. Does it have a rear ejection seat?

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Are you currently identifying as a Jack Russel?

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Yeah, you "could"....

Know your rights!
Put up or shut it.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I dont think this guy is aware that Biden stole Pences speech from the RNC convention. I heard Biden and just had to laugh I'm sure at some point Mike Pence will bring this up.

The only trick Biden has is to take credit for what Trump does, while blaming Trump for the mistakes he has made.

Biden is so far deep in the psychological war he does not seam to know what is going on.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   

I heard Biden speak and I've heard Trump.

I think i ken whos pushing the violence and looting along to serve a political agenda, and dudes not just old but Orange ta boot.
edit on 1-9-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Probably not. Pence is a class act and those speeches are like old blues standards. The new generation straight rips off the old generation. Though in this case that would be backwards.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Say it slowly with me.

Removing the President, for whatever reason, is...not...their...job.

Hey, no need to act like I'm being the slow person here. I'm speaking of a hypothetical situation. You know? The one that the general already disagreed with.

I was explaining to the other slow people (we're all fwiends duhhhh) that in no way is this a coup attempt.

Under certain circumstances it would be FBI. Other circumstances might be the Secret Service. Or even another LEO organization such as the Capital Police, though I'm not sure under what circumstance they'd be involved.

I'm in awe of your knowledge...why didn't you open with that instead of moving the goalposts of the conversation in order to prove the superiority of your intellect.

Not the military. Never, under any circumstances, should the military ever be involved.

Coup or not. Not ever.

To make a long post short...

So you agree with me?

My stance is this is a big nothing burger being confused as a coup. When in reality the general was answering questions in regards to the role of the military in removing a would be dictator?

Remember the whole situation is hypothetical, hopefully you can meet me in the middle here with your superior intellect?

Take your time I'm slooooow.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I love the ornamental walking stick.

Is that to remind you of the good ol' days?

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

I love the ornamental walking stick.

Is that to remind you of the good ol' days?

When I used to walk?

*sniff*

Good times. . . . . . good times. . . . .

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join