It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rittenhouse and political delusion.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar
This is what always happens when the authorities fail to stop bad people from doing bad things, good people eventually stand up and stop the bad people. A 17 year old lacks the mental decorum and judgement needed to ensure those bad people are handled without love video broadcasting the consequences of behaving like animals across the airwaves, unfortunately. If city and state leaders dont cage their animals and deal with their cities' pest and vermin infestations soon, we will see many, many more good people handling the problem for them and most will not do so while cell cameras are focused on them.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You just proved right the op.

You’re right, I think all the people who are good should go kill all the bad ones.

I’d wager a guess that you’re on the good side 🙃
To that I say keep that in your head at all times, and you’re are on the right side.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

The side that stands against the victimization of the everyday citizens, their family businesses, the safety of their communities, and the destruction of the communal infrastructure their taxes pay the bill for IS ALWAYS on the right side.

When buildings started being burned and videos of people forced to symbolically join voices with the mob or face possible physical assault became common, then it became clear ANTIFA and BLM are little more than domestic terrorist groups and this is a goddamned coup/revolution, not a protest.

So yeah, I am on the right side here. I've broken no law, neither did the young man in Kenosha.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 05:36 AM
link   

A dude found himself in a position where he needed to defend himself, he did.

It's simple to me I'd rather noone be harmed, but if so the aggressor is the only reasonable answer.

I believe the principles of defense not only apply to country's and states, I believe in its continuation down to the individual.

I also believe citizens have a responsibility to protect their neighborhood, their city, their state, and country if necessary.

The manipulation in my mind comes from letting the set up of events to cause a need for the reaction.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

My thinking is based on the law as I understand it and the information we currently have.

I am open to changing my mind if additional information changes is the base narrative.

But with what I saw and nothing else he did everything possible to avoid a fight which should satisfy the legal definition of self defense.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Because people are too focused on what color the dress is?

Let me explain. This is like that internet thing where you had one dress, and depending on who you showed it to, a person could see one of two radically different color outcomes on the same dress.

The problem here is that there is a dress to argue about at all and people are missing that point entirely because it does not serve the purposes of the press to point that out. What you have is state and local officials, often from one party, using their lack of response to unrest in order to resist the occupant of the White House. They thing they can make political gain out of it by tying it into racial grievance, racial issues, and the ongoing narrative that Trump is racist.

So they do nothing to keep civil order.

And out of those situations, you have the "dresses" being made, and the press is eager to jump on those instances to further the racial narrative, and the natural response of many is to resist that narrative. By now, we're used to people calling so many racist when we aren't and they aren't, and it's a natural reaction, but it misses the big picture here:

THE DRESS SHOULD NOT EXIST.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I like what you are doing here, we have all been manipulated since birth and the only way out of the pens is to start recognizing the systems of control around us!

If someone is telling a person to hate and fear something, it is because they are trying to control that person through hate and fear, but it can be so hard to see through the smoke when we're in the thick of it.

Both of these "teams" are fueled by their hatred and fear of the other, it's sad to see people so easily fooled into being pawns for TPTB.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
a reply to: panoz77
So we can both accept the pedo isn't racist.

With how polarising this is ...
That's something that we should be happy with.

I don't know either way, but we do know he is a pedo and felon, racist would be the least of his problems.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Is it the cheese or is it the trap 😎

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

I don't know either way, but we do know he is a pedo and felon, racist would be the least of his problems.

I'll be honest on this.

Pedo or not doesn't actually matter in this case. In the moment, no one was checking credentials. There was nothing there to scream pedo. It's not like we brand people anymore to mark them. All of this is arguing who was more morally reprehensible after the fact is an attempt to bolster this case or that one.

All that matters is the actual situation itself. It boils down to aggression, and whether or not we feel that Rittenhouse was justified in self defense or he was aggressing and looking to kill. There is no way anyone could know who was or was not racist, pedo, etc., in those few moments.
edit on 31-8-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

And both jerseys are made in the same factory.

I suppose most people carry a lil prejudice gained from media, family, friends and experiences.

The ability to take a step back and recognize that has to be a step in a better direction.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: panoz77

It's not like we brand people anymore to mark them.

Registered sex offender, yes we do.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
THE DRESS SHOULD NOT EXIST.

It's an interesting analogy.

But we aren't above it either.
Regardless of the actions we take we are still sullied by whatever our view of the dress is.

How can we value someone's opinion on a blue dress when it's clearly green?

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
Both of these "teams" are fueled by their hatred and fear of the other, it's sad to see people so easily fooled into being pawns for TPTB.

That's probably correct.
The more insecure you are with your ideals the more you try prove them.

And since both sides ideals are crafted by TPTB you can't truly be secure with any side.

Maybe the centrists are the real problems.
At least you can tell the extremists are lying to themselves.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   

All I know is that this 17 year-old single handedly brought the Kenosha riots, destruction, burning, and looting perpetrated by BLM and ANTIFA terrorists, to an end.

Even though it was not Kyle Rittenhouse's intention to show how gutless those terrorists were/are, he deserves a
edit on 9/1/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   
And here comes me again with my crazy conspiracy. I will get to that in a minute. I have not made any judgment on the case itself. Could not bring myself to watch the videos of the first shooting when they were graphically available. It seems to stem as to whether that one incident was self defense. Then there are legal questions, that one was self defense so then the other two are? Even if he started to run before chased? If the first one wasn't then aren't the other two people trying to apprehend a killer? He was not in the area defending the place he said he was, does that matter? No idea. I do think the 17 year old kid was not at all prepared for the environment he was in. Oh sure gun training, call of duty playing, but that's not reality. Should have been home I think. He's not yet an adult.

Now for the crazy. We know we have outside entity's on social media, we know Russia was indicted for planning and organizing protests mostly through Facebook for the left, right and religious organizations before the 2016 elections. I believe we are seeing huge outside influence, including agitators both in organization and at these areas. The powers that be could possibly be looking into it, but the vocal leaders are using it as leverage for their party. On both sides. Meanwhile the country destroys itself from the inside. I mean I came to this site 16 years ago, and this is the kind of thing that was discussed,before it devolved into a political echo chamber.
edit on 1-9-2020 by frogs453 because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

All I know is that this 17 year-old single handedly brought the Kenosha riots, destruction, burning, and looting perpetrated by BLM and ANTIFA terrorists, to an end.

Even though it was not Kyle Rittenhouse's intention to show how gutless those terrorists were/are, he deserves a

True, the rioting didn't stop due to increase support from law enforcement, it stopped because one young man decided to defend himself, period.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Perhaps the question is ...

Do any Trump supporters think Kyle is a murderer and do any Biden supporters think Kyle acted in self defence?

It seems strange that our opinions are so predictable.
I'm not suggesting I'm above it, to be honest I think I'm thinking critically but my predictability throws that into question.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 06:25 AM
link   

So, we are all lying to ourselves anyways, we might as well pick a "side"? Is that what you mean?

What specifically is a "centrist"? Is it someone who rejects the kind of people who seek power in the first place?

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

Anyone who thinks they are correct is an extremist.
Anyone who thinks they could be wrong are cool.

That's my view.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join