It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rittenhouse and political delusion.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I'm fascinated by the whole Kyle Rittenhouse thing.
Why is this so polarising?

A half Hispanic guy killed a short white pedo guy who uses the N word freely. (He's not a racist, I'm SURE he's get an N pass). The other take is... A white supremacist crossed lines to kill darkies.

Is this just team sports and I'm blind to my side fouling?

I'm far too biased to respect what the other team has to say so it makes discussion difficult.

But it does bring up an interesting question...
I'm curious if anyone on my team is concerned they are being manipulated.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Heres an abstract thought exercise.

Are you surprised that a 17 y.o., by all standards kid, shot 3 and killed 2?

Are you surprised that another person lost their life while millions watched?

How long ago would it have surprised you?

Ok. Final question.

Are you surprised that you have to again choose a side. The person who killed 2 people or the convicted criminals?

Does this scenario rhyme with anything else currently?

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI
Yes.
No.
It surprises me now and it would have surprised me earlier.

No.
Vaguely, I think it's being stretched to fit.

edit on 30-8-2020 by Krahzeef_Ukhar because: Editing is fun

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   
This is the perfect divisive issue regardless of the rights or so many wrongs that night.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

A half Hispanic guy killed a short white pedo guy who uses the N word freely. (He's not a racist, I'm SURE he's get an N pass). The other take is... A white supremacist crossed lines to kill darkies.

I'm far too biased to respect what the other team has to say so it makes discussion difficult.

If you are white but act black enough, you can get away with the N word ending in A. Being a felon, pedo and likely spending time in prison also helps.
edit on 30-8-2020 by panoz77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77
So we can both accept the pedo isn't racist.

With how polarising this is ...
That's something that we should be happy with.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Tim2win
But people's reactions can be predicted by looking at what Jersey they wear.

I'm scared I'm no longer capable of rational thought.
Perhaps the problem is I assumed I once had rational thoughts.

Things like this make me question that.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   
If you're on your knees with your mouth open in front of the right SJW groups, you can apparently get away with whatever you want.

Ethics and morals are a bad thing to abide by, it seems. They're racist or privileged or something, that junk keeps the man dowwwn, I tell ya /sarc

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
I'm assuming your answer is...

" No, I'm correct and not manipulated "

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   

a reply to: Tim2win
But people's reactions can be predicted by looking at what Jersey they wear.

I'm scared I'm no longer capable of rational thought.
Perhaps the problem is I assumed I once had rational thoughts.

Things like this make me question that.

My thought's on this are definitely not aligned with my jersey, or fellow jersey wearers..not that I like wearing any jersey
edit on 30-8-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I'm assuming your answer is...

" No, I'm correct and not manipulated "

Sort of. I concede I may indeed be incorrect. But I'm certainly not manipulated, my thoughts and stances are my own. Which is more than can be said for entirely too many people anymore.

Sorry if I'm coming off too reserved tonight, I had a disappointing, though it shouldn't have been surprising, exchange with someone. I walked from the conversation before it went pear-shaped, but this thread is a good bookend for it in terms of everyone needing to step back and think.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod
So unlike everyone else you are free from prejudice and able to make clear rational thoughts?

That's what I'm questioning.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I lost a playoff game.
It's rough times.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   

So unlike everyone else you are free from prejudice and able to make clear rational thoughts?

That's what I'm questioning.

I'd like to think so,

I have to explore the grey area's, straight black or white, gives no room for the honest truth, which is in the middle..often.

I try to be objective, I think I'm getting better at it. But, I'm probably just as full of crap as the rest of us.
edit on 31-8-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 12:14 AM
link   
So would I...

I do question it however.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 12:18 AM
link   

So would I...

I do question it however.

I really do understand, I'm feeling the same.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Since oh, about January of this year I realized something about myself. Actually this "something" has been going on much longer than since January. But, I suddenly realized I didn't have a side; I am simply no longer able to come off the fence on most of the "issues" that people I know have firmly drawn their lines. I read a LOT, here and elsewhere about current and past events. I really enjoy comments sections and seeing both "sides" of especially divisive issues and occurrences. I began here on ATS as a conspiracy minded person and went waaaay down into a few rabbit holes only to emerge less convinced about any-thing than when I started.

I think I might be a coward, the thought has crossed my mind several times. But the fact that we are being manipulated is definitely something I have made my mind up about. I have the nagging feeling that everything is coming to a head, and it is all so well planned and executed that no matter what the masses decide, no matter what direction we move, there is the same trap waiting at the end.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: odd1out
Since oh, about January of this year I realized something about myself. Actually this "something" has been going on much longer than since January. But, I suddenly realized I didn't have a side; I am simply no longer able to come off the fence on most of the "issues" that people I know have firmly drawn their lines. I read a LOT, here and elsewhere about current and past events. I really enjoy comments sections and seeing both "sides" of especially divisive issues and occurrences. I began here on ATS as a conspiracy minded person and went waaaay down into a few rabbit holes only to emerge less convinced about any-thing than when I started.

I think I might be a coward, the thought has crossed my mind several times. But the fact that we are being manipulated is definitely something I have made my mind up about. I have the nagging feeling that everything is coming to a head, and it is all so well planned and executed that no matter what the masses decide, no matter what direction we move, there is the same trap waiting at the end.

Unfortunately you are probably correct.

But I think it's massively important to realise the leftists and the rightists don't have our well being as a concern.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

If you are white but act black enough, you can get away with the N word ending in A. Being a felon, pedo and likely spending time in prison also helps.

He fits all the criteria for leftists to label him as a ‘fine upstanding gentleman’ or even a ‘hero’

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 03:04 AM
link   
It seems peoples views on whether it was right or wrong are based more on ther political views than the facts of the night (not all are clear or have been released yet).

Even worse people are using it to polarize America and make the situation even worse. A minority on the right are hailing him as a hero and wishing he'd killed more 'commies/leftards', a minority on the left are saying he is a white supremacist fascist and a speaker from a BLM group was celebrating the murder of someone they claim was a fascist simply for attending a Trump rally.

America needs to build a massive 'naughty step' to sit all the idiots on until they learn to play nice, meanwhile grown adults can go about their lives in peace and have a fair election with no worry of vioience or intimidation just for voting or going to see a political speech.

US Media is a big part of the problem as they're hughly partisan and only ever have guests or 'experts' who support their views. 'interviews' don't follow any Journalism guidelines or standards, there's no attempts by the journalists to provide counter arguments to their guests view - it's just Party advertising and brainwashing (Americans watch on averae 100 hours consuming media a week - more than thhey spend with their families or friends, it has a big impact on shaping views).
edit on 31-8-2020 by bastion because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join