It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serving the will of the Father

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Matthew 7:21-23 has a stern warning for those that don't serve the Fathers will.....

Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles? Then I will tell them plainly, I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!

But the New Testament does not make it clear on how to serve the Fathers will. Many think it merely means good works. But John 5.30 implies it has deeper connotation - " I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father"

There are TWO wills...

Our will is to buy a new car. That is not the will of the Father
Our will is to look handsome/beautiful. That is not the will of the Father
Our will is to eat ice-cream. That is not the will of the Father
Our will is to enter heaven. That is not the will of the Father.

Everything we love in this physical world are pearls. To attain the one pearl of great price, we have to sell all our worldly pearls. Even one worldly pearl, is a brick wall between us and the Father.

Our mind is the genesis snake. It keeps our focus in the past and future. Keeping us wishing, craving, and tormented as we sleep walk through life. The will of the Father is in the NOW where the snake has no control. So focusing in the NOW, refusing to allow the mind to dream of the past or crave of future, is the first step in awakening the Fathers will.

Becoming master of ones own mind, instead of its slave.

God is love, and whoever dwells in love, is in God and God is in him" (1 John 4:16)

if God were in me and I were not in God, or if I were in God and God were not in me, there would be two.

Jesus said I and the Father are one.

Two is one too many.

Love to all.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
excellent subject and advice for right now.......

not our own understanding these days....for sure

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

One thing that helps me discern God's will...
If I'm doing something that benefits me, to someone else's detriment; or just benefits me and no one else, it's not God's will.
"Love your neighbor as yourself" and "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
These are two verses that help guide me.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

I would suggest to you new_here that Gods will is something as concrete as our own, that manifests into our consciousness. Its essense is unbridled love, no discernment necessary.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   

My Will is to Love others, seek Truth, do the right thing, and be thankful and happy with all of these blessings which I will share.

This is also the Will of the Father.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Ok today I came across this church setting up at a park and spoke to the preacher a moment right?

Well after a moment I said "it's good all of you are out here, remember God can cure all disease and protect you from it!"

And this preacher looked at me like I just said pure BS.... That fake. Wtf?

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

Give and you shall receive.

Hold it in your Heart and it will manifest from your Faith.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Altruism is a lower manifistation of the Fathers will that hasn't matured into full conciousness. It is still two.
When it is one, the dualistic mindset no longer applies. The I AM remains in a state of pure bliss without self ego.....

John 8:24 Jesus states: "For unless you believe that I am, you will die in your sins",

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Jesus did not think much of preachers in his time, Perhaps even less so today. But thats a personal opinion.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   

But the New Testament does not make it clear on how to serve the Fathers will.

Some Christians may come along and dispute that.

So you are telling us that it isn't the Father's will to eat ice cream?
What if you're at a party and your host gives you ice cream?

The John 5:30 quote says, "I seek not to please myself but him who sent me."
So did the Father send Jesus? Did the Father send me?
"Two is one to many."

I'm going to look at this picture for a while.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 12:04 AM
link   

That's not as bad as the preachers who do think that who ever they pray for is automatically healed. Then if they die, they look for the guy who didn't pray to blame for it.

So I was at this memorial service, preacher says, "There were 100 of us praying for ____." Then he looked right at me and said, "If only one more person had prayed for him he'd be with us today."

edit on 31-8-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

That's not as bad as the preachers who do think that who ever they pray for is automatically healed. Then if they die, they look for the guy who didn't pray to blame for it.

So I was at this memorial service, preacher says, "There were 100 of us praying for ____." Then he looked right at me and said, "If only one more person had prayed for him he'd be with us today."

I didn't say praying for others heals them.

I just said God ***could*** heal any disease and protect.

If God does that great but you can't force it no matter what you do...

I know this is a fact and have X-ray and MRIs to prove it. My severed spine healed completely overnight. The disc reformed, the vertebra healed, and my canal reformed so I went from 100% gonna be paralyzed for life to 0% and all my doctors are freaking out saying its impossible.

So when I say God heals Im talking about reality not people's beliefs.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Some Christians may come along and dispute that.?

Yes but scriptures are obscure for good reason. You cannot entice the snake with words. You must play it some music first.

What if you're at a party and your host gives you ice cream?

Is it chocolate ice-cream?

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

I didn't even ask God to heal my totally severed spine. I didn't realize it was feasible...

It healed in 1 night and I have no more pain and can walk 20+ miles in a day without being bothered. My feet will hurt tho.

I will write a thread telling you what visited me and healed it and post the xrays and Mri pics I been having made.

You can still see all these little scars on it but it magically reformed perfectly. Like completely perfect reformation of a totally obliterated spine....

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   

So when I say God heals Im talking about reality not people's beliefs.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Mississippi Mud Pie
Hope you aren't allergic to peanuts.
Cream, Sugar, Cookie Crunch Fudge Ripple, Cocoa, Cookie Crunch, Corn Syrup, Broken Cookies.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 01:02 AM
link   

That would be pretty cool.

The most awesome miracle that I can report is the lady who came out of a coma to receive her last communion.

She just sat up, looked at me and said, "I know you."
We chatted for a bit.
My daughter and a deacon lady were witnesses also.
Then I said the words and gave her the bread and wine.
Chatted a bit more, then left.

We told the charge nurse on the way out. She ran down to the lady's room. She must have been in coma again by the time she got there, because the report said she had never regained consciousness before she died two days later.

Kind of thing not easily ignored or forgotten.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Yea, our will and gods are certainly not one.

We(our ego) must die on the cross to inherit the kingdom.

Appleseeds...

“Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.” - John

gnosticteachings.org...
edit on 31-8-2020 by primalfractal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 04:01 AM
link   
There never was or ever will be two.

Presence or now is all there is.

The illusory separate one lives in time.

But nothing ever escapes what is actually happening.

But the belief that there is a you separate from life makes life very heavy.

When it is recognised that there is no you doing anything or anyone else doing anything.... then blame, guilt and pride evaporates.

All the stories that thought speaks about me in time stops.....and that is true peace, silence, love.

edit on 31-8-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

Mississippi Mud Pie
Hope you aren't allergic to peanuts.
Cream, Sugar, Cookie Crunch Fudge Ripple, Cocoa, Cookie Crunch, Corn Syrup, Broken Cookies.

God loves your ice cream. I just know it in my heart

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join